Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Just recently got into The Sounding Board Podcast which is presented by Hutchy and Barrett. Now going back to listen to old episodes and the one directly after the Gaff incident was worth a listen. They really go after Nisbett, West Coast and the way thy deal with the WA media.

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just recently got into The Sounding Board Podcast which is presented by Hutchy and Barrett. Now going back to listen to old episodes and the one directly after the Gaff incident was worth a listen. They really go after Nisbett, West Coast and the way thy deal with the WA media.

Been a fan for the last few years. It changed my opinion on them both and how the media operates, but after Hutchy has gone full media mogul my enjoyment has waned. They’re going full dutch oar more often than not, and Barrett’s barbs during the trade period really pissed me off. They even threw in a couple of jabs at the club and bell in the post trade podcast. I think I’ve run my course with it.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been a fan for the last few years. It changed my opinion on them both and how the media operates, but after Hutchy has gone full media mogul my enjoyment has waned. They’re going full dutch oar more often than not, and Barrett’s barbs during the trade period really pissed me off. They even threw in a couple of jabs at the club and bell in the post trade podcast. I think I’ve run my course with it.

Yeah there was definitely an anti Freo vibe this trade week. Perhaps they can see that we're no longer the push overs handing out early picks like candy.

Fremantle are doing something right when the Vic media begins to slam us for "being difficult" to deal with.

Who cares though right? We got what we wanted a fair price and everyone who dealt with us walked away happy getting what they wanted.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah there was definitely an anti Freo vibe this trade week. Perhaps they can see that we're no longer the push overs handing out early picks like candy.

Fremantle are doing something right when the Vic media begins to slam us for "being difficult" to deal with.

Who cares though right? We got what we wanted a fair price and everyone who dealt with us walked away happy getting what they wanted.

I doubt it is that FFC are difficult to deal with and more to do with how the club carries itself in trade week.

They don't leak their agenda to every person with AFL media accreditation which probably pisses off the Melbourne numpties.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I doubt it is that FFC are difficult to deal with and more to do with how the club carries itself in trade week.

They don't leak their agenda to every person with AFL media accreditation which probably pisses off the Melbourne numpties.
I think it's more that some of these Vic footy journalists of the gossip column kind have very close relationships with a few of the list managers and other senior club officials. They have coffee together, go out drinking on a Friday etc. They relay out information that suits the club and in return they get exclusives. This is not an opportunity the non Melbourne clubs really get even if they wanted to avail themselves of it. (We had the opportunity of course with Lloyd being based there but it doesn't seem to have been his thing).
So they are all sitting in the pub and Mahoney is like “With Freo if we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.” And they all have a good laugh. And when our guys don't roll over they're angry, not really because we're difficult but because they suddenly realise the magnitude of their own folly. They had ****ed up and it was on them.

BTW we do leak a little bit. Always to The Age in Melbourne and Duffield here when it suits us.

Last edited:

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
This was a gem

Screenshot_20181029-074424_Chrome.jpg

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welcome home Reece and Travis. Get used to more stupid, irrelevant questions from boofhead Barich at your press conferences.
They both spoke well and came across as mature, intelligent people. They look like pick-ups based just as much on what they can bring off the field as on.

On Barich: Colyer looked bemused when he asked that question about Neale and then his follow-up about whether he had been to Cockburn before. He gets a smile on face like "Sorry champ I can't help you with questions like that. Isn't anyone going to ask a real question?"

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Article on Why Richmond didn't take Pavlich.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/6a956a139d98dd0d10c7202a35853fa7
From the article
“I was with the recruiter Phil Smart when Pavlich went past. I said: ‘Oh geez, I probably wouldn’t be here if I’d taken Pavlich instead of Fiora’,” Frawley said.

“Phil said: ‘Danny, we wanted Fiora. I’m not saying we didn’t want Pav, but when you took Fiora it simplified our options to get Pavlich’.

“Talk about sliding doors.”

Never knew about this story. ******* hell, Pav was a lockbox pick! It was about time we got some luck though.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back