All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Funny how The West, Perth Now,Channel 7 don't seem to no
tice anything sinister with the team they are major sponsors of.
We will see this story in the West with an Eagle player on the next page smiling at a photo op at a community camp
Don't buy or read their crappola....
One day there might be a media outlet in this town without an agenda who are fair and balanced_ wouldn't that be nice..(KARL)

The hypocrisy and double standards of the Perth media are nauseating. My favourite was when in about August they did a story about how Liam Ryan’s “incident” was such a turning point in his life as a person and footballer. This after they failed to report the initial incident properly and accepted the BS explanation from Nisbett, Stocks and Simpson that the incident itself was a non-issue.

I like to think it will improve when Nisbett and Stocks leave the club. Nisbett is overly sensitive to any criticism of the club and punishes anyone who steps out of line. Stocks is far too close to many of the Perth journalists which doesn’t help either.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
The hypocrisy and double standards of the Perth media are nauseating. My favourite was when in about August they did a story about how Liam Ryan’s “incident” was such a turning point in his life as a person and footballer. This after they failed to report the initial incident properly and accepted the BS explanation from Nisbett, Stocks and Simpson that the incident itself was a non-issue.

I like to think it will improve when Nisbett and Stocks leave the club. Nisbett is overly sensitive to any criticism of the club and punishes anyone who steps out of line. Stocks is far too close to many of the Perth journalists which doesn’t help either.
Could you imagine if Bennell walked out/left/got sent home early from a training camp! The smear campaigns would be unbelievable. Happens at West Coast and they are forethinkers for player welfare and management. Love it!

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Could you imagine if Bennell walked out/left/got sent home early from a training camp! The smear campaigns would be unbelievable. Happens at West Coast and they are forethinkers for player welfare and management. Love it!

Nisbett and Stocks must laugh at the BS they can get away with. Media lap it up every time.

And it’s not just because they win the flag this year because they’ve been pulling similar stunts for years and it’s always worked. Doubt also one of the reasons cousins was allowed to get away with his tricks for so long.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also very much doubt Nyhuis and Giro are best 22 given they didn't play in Rd 23. These articles are always scratch the surface stuff. I really need to stop reading them - a semi interested fan learns nothing.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
And I am sick of seeing various “experts” put Ed Langdon on a hbf. It makes it really hard to respect their opinions at all when they can’t get a few basics right.
Along with brilliant insights like this;

Ross Lyon’s team have maintained their mediocrity — something that simply must ameliorate if the coach and his team are serious about winning a premiership.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also very much doubt Nyhuis and Giro are best 22 given they didn't play in Rd 23. These articles are always scratch the surface stuff. I really need to stop reading them - a semi interested fan learns nothing.
Plus one of them was de-listed and the other didn't get upgraded from the rookie list

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Awful, just awful.

It was painful to read! The old line of Roscoe does not play the youth was even run when we put more games into our youth than any other team. Then the selection of the the best 22 just confirmed this idiot has never spent 5 minutes watching Freo.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Along with brilliant insights like this;

Ross Lyon’s team have maintained their mediocrity — something that simply must ameliorate if the coach and his team are serious about winning a premiership.
so you're saying for Freo to get good, they have to be not bad?

so you're saying for Freo to get good, they have to be not bad?

thats-a-bold-x0cbtc.jpg

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
It was painful to read! The old line of Roscoe does not play the youth was even run when we put more games into our youth than any other team. Then the selection of the the best 22 just confirmed this idiot has never spent 5 minutes watching Freo.

Shite article, due to poor research.

The quote about Rossco and the your, he writes it up as a negative that Rossco played a lot of yoof in 2019 !!!. Damn me down, play the experienced ...... you’re neglecting the yoof, play the yoof .... you’re neglecting the experienced players.

Could this be Crumpets / Bloodnuts, “unclaimed” offspring ?.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Well done to the West Australian for burying the Cousins drug and DV story on page 40 of Saturdays paper
According to the West He is a former AFL player.
Funny no mention of The West scum Eagles whom he was previously the spititual leader of..
Oh yes thats right, the West Australian are major sponsors of the Eagles
Keep up your Hypocritical ways West ... it's what we expect

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Well done to the West Australian for burying the Cousins drug and DV story on page 40 of Saturdays paper
Funny no mention of The West scum Eagles whom he was previously the spititual leader of..
He is a sick man who shouldn't be put in the paper at all, needs to be out of the spotlight and get some help.

Who cares who he played for anymore, this is a destroyed life

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is a sick man who shouldn't be put in the paper at all, needs to be out of the spotlight and get some help.

Couldn't care less about the West Coast stuff.

As a woman basher he should be outed for the utter sub human that he is. Every woman in society should be able to find out what kind of a horrible human he is.

Domestic abusers (male & females) should be on a data base like paedophiles should be.

It is a national crisis and the sooner we address it as a society the better.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
I am Happy that it is on page 40 , As a football fan i am over it . Although i believe that had he played for the dockers maybe more fuss and page 1-12 , But a very old rehashed story. The latest developments are just a sad fact of what this drug reduces people to.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
Couldn't care less about the West Coast stuff.

As a woman basher he should be outed for the utter sub human that he is. Every woman in society should be able to find out what kind of a horrible human he is.

Domestic abusers (male & females) should be on a data base like paedophiles should be.

It is a national crisis and the sooner we address it as a society the better.
I totally agree , Domestic violence is scourge on our society. The greatest scourge on our society is drugs and alcohol and directly feeds domestic violence.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

Fully agree, he is a very sick man with lots of problems.

Reckon there is a person at the West, who every couple of weeks re-edits his obituary, ready just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back