Meet Up 2018 Meet-up thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you going to get to a game and meetup in G Town this year HK?
Not sure yet Rabbi. Cannot get away in the first half of the season due to extension + renovations, plus putting all my $$$ into the project. Then there is the landscaping of the garden, decorating, plantation shutters, curtains +++, so probably not this year.

If I do manage to get to a game, I might consider the GC game at Carrara, because it's a shorter drive to the GC for me + would be great to see Gaz play his first game against his old team. Also, had a fantastic time, when I went to the GC game in 2011. There were more Geelong supporters than Suns fans lol

Also, if anyone is planning on the GC trip then hit me up, I'm moving to Tweed shortly.
What made you choose Tweed Heads, Nakia?

Really recommend going to the Suns game, lots of Cats supporters make the trip + enjoy the warmer weather. Carrara (nfi it's current name) is a terrific ground. Also, ring the Club to find out what events the players are doing. We went to a Cats' event in 2011 + it was fantastic - Scotty, Moons, Stokes + another player were there + each spoke, took questions + had photos. The players are fantastic at these events. Even managed to get the four of them to 'plank' my friend! Hilarious!

What made you choose Tweed Heads, Nakia?

Really recommend going to the Suns game, lots of Cats supporters make the trip + enjoy the warmer weather. Carrara (nfi it's current name) is a terrific ground. Also, ring the Club to find out what events the players are doing. We went to a Cats' event in 2011 + it was fantastic - Scotty, Moons, Stokes + another player were there + each spoke, took questions + had photos. The players are fantastic at these events. Even managed to get the four of them to 'plank' my friend! Hilarious!
My in-laws live in Tweed and my two girls were born there. I've lived there previously.

Will I have to part with a vital organ to be able to afford accommodation on the Gold Coast for a night or two?

We stayed at the Meriton apartments, booked well in advance + it was a good deal. But this was in 2011 - $110 p/night with breakfast. There's a terrific pub next door, where Geelong supporters met prior to the game. Then a short walk to catch the Bus to Carrara.

I really recommend Geelong interstate events, which seem expensive, but I think are quite good value. Pre-dinner drinks, dinner, talk by a Geelong favourite, fantastic seats, finger food at the breaks + it's great fun to be with Geelong supporters. Then off to the Crowne hotel for post game drinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if anyone is planning on the GC trip then hit me up, I'm moving to Tweed shortly.

See what happens - but already heading up there for the Comm Games, so not sure if I'll make two trips there in the same year

See what happens - but already heading up there for the Comm Games, so not sure if I'll make two trips there in the same year
What events are you planning on heading off to see?

I'll be at the Lawn Bowls.

What events are you planning on heading off to see?

I'll be at the Lawn Bowls.

I'm up there from the 11th to 16 and seeing: Diving, Mountain Biking, Athletics, Hockey, Rugby 7s, Closing ceremony & probably some of the marathon as its a freebie event

We stayed at the Meriton apartments, booked well in advance + it was a good deal. But this was in 2011 - $110 p/night with breakfast. There's a terrific pub next door, where Geelong supporters met prior to the game. Then a short walk to catch the Bus to Carrara.

I really recommend Geelong interstate events, which seem expensive, but I think are quite good value. Pre-dinner drinks, dinner, talk by a Geelong favourite, fantastic seats, finger food at the breaks + it's great fun to be with Geelong supporters. Then off to the Crowne hotel for post game drinks.

I may have to consult my girlfriend.

I'm getting in early with the Port game at Adelaide Oval. The rabbi has already indicated that he's keen. Anyone else thinking of making the trip over, or who's a local (Adelaide) Geelong supporter, feel free to post up and I'll maybe organise something if there's a bit of interest.

I'm getting in early with the Port game at Adelaide Oval. The rabbi has already indicated that he's keen. Anyone else thinking of making the trip over, or who's a local (Adelaide) Geelong supporter, feel free to post up and I'll maybe organise something if there's a bit of interest.
I might make the trip over for this.

What about you Doctor Gero ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back