Review 2018 Members Survey

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 551739

"I'd like the club to be open, honest and accountable. Falling from 1st to 12th is reason enough for a full and independent review. Add to that the horrific run with injuries (nearly 40 soft tissue injuries so DON'T YOU DARE BLAME BAD LUCK), the lack of communication (leaving Tex to cop a barrage of abuse from the media), Burton's continual arrogance which has caused staff to leave, coaching issues (playing injured players, running Jacobs into the ground), only hearing from the CEO and Chairman when there's a good news announcement, the awful SANFL arrangement, the lack of clubrooms, the failure to attract the best fitness and coaching staff and finally the appalling relationship the club has with the media, which can only be damaging the club's image in the eye of potential players, coaches and sponsors.

Long story short, sack Burton, sack Chapman and give our recruiters a pay rise. "

Very nice.

Releasing it this week is either really dumb(probably) or really smart. The club will get everyones rawest opinion.

My contribution:

Like a lot of other supporters, I am terribly disappointed with the 2018 season and in particular the way it has been derailed/hampered by what is obviously a substandard fitness and injury management program.

This disillusionment has been exacerbated by the Collective Minds debacle and the Club's failure to manage the media/PR around it. The bunker down, closed shop approach did not work. The press conference with Don Pyke and Brett Burton was a disaster. - Don was good, despite his apparent bewilderment at having to be there in the first place, but Brett failed to take any responsibility, and simply tried to deny and deflect.

There has been no front-foot, firm statement, put the rumours back in the box approach that I want to see from my Club.

Where has our CEO been in recent months? Where has the Chairman been? Why does the coach have to front a press conference about an issue like this (and managed to look bewildered as to why he was there)?

I don't believe everything I have read in the tabloid media about CM and the camp. But it is clear that there were issues, and the Club has been far from transparent in explaining those issues. And so the vacuum was filled by media rumour and speculation.

I understand that the Club can't divulge every detail - especially personal matter relating to players - but, what was done fell a long way short of what was needed.

Overall, we have been told that the Club aims to have the best football program in the country, with the right people in the right seats. But our recent history offers no evidence that we actually mean it.

Many supporters believe the AFC is a "boy's club" where former players and mates of people on the board get preference in appointments to key positions, regardless of whether they are the best-qualified for the job. I think there's a lot of evidence to support that view.

We have a Football Manager and fitness manager who were recruited from a club that had one of the worst injury records in the AFL - and then our record went south. We have (had) a defence coach who was discarded by his previous club, and who, with all due respect, did not appear to have any great credentials.

We have two senior members of the coaching panel who have been in their positions for a decade. That in itself is not necessarily a condemnation of those people - but why, after a lack of success over that time, have we never tried something/someone new?

This coming off-season is perhaps the most important in recent times - not just in terms of draft and trading, but for off-field review and changes as well. To take a glass-half-full view, it is a massive opportunity for the Club to review and understand the mistakes of recent times, and take firm, decisive and even ruthless action to correct them.

The coach and players did a great job in 2017. Please do whatever it takes to let them achieve again in 2019.

My contribution:

Like a lot of other supporters, I am terribly disappointed with the 2018 season and in particular the way it has been derailed/hampered by what is obviously a substandard fitness and injury management program.

This disillusionment has been exacerbated by the Collective Minds debacle and the Club's failure to manage the media/PR around it. The bunker down, closed shop approach did not work. The press conference with Don Pyke and Brett Burton was a disaster. - Don was good, despite his apparent bewilderment at having to be there in the first place, but Brett failed to take any responsibility, and simply tried to deny and deflect.

There has been no front-foot, firm statement, put the rumours back in the box approach that I want to see from my Club.

Where has our CEO been in recent months? Where has the Chairman been? Why does the coach have to front a press conference about an issue like this (and managed to look bewildered as to why he was there)?

I don't believe everything I have read in the tabloid media about CM and the camp. But it is clear that there were issues, and the Club has been far from transparent in explaining those issues. And so the vacuum was filled by media rumour and speculation.

I understand that the Club can't divulge every detail - especially personal matter relating to players - but, what was done fell a long way short of what was needed.

Overall, we have been told that the Club aims to have the best football program in the country, with the right people in the right seats. But our recent history offers no evidence that we actually mean it.

Many supporters believe the AFC is a "boy's club" where former players and mates of people on the board get preference in appointments to key positions, regardless of whether they are the best-qualified for the job. I think there's a lot of evidence to support that view.

We have a Football Manager and fitness manager who were recruited from a club that had one of the worst injury records in the AFL - and then our record went south. We have (had) a defence coach who was discarded by his previous club, and who, with all due respect, did not appear to have any great credentials.

We have two senior members of the coaching panel who have been in their positions for a decade. That in itself is not necessarily a condemnation of those people - but why, after a lack of success over that time, have we never tried something/someone new?

This coming off-season is perhaps the most important in recent times - not just in terms of draft and trading, but for off-field review and changes as well. To take a glass-half-full view, it is a massive opportunity for the Club to review and understand the mistakes of recent times, and take firm, decisive and even ruthless action to correct them.

The coach and players did a great job in 2017. Please do whatever it takes to let them achieve again in 2019.
Nice work Arrowman, best summary I've read so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave mostly 9s & 10s like most true supporters would.
did you remember to change your will to leave money to the crows once you've passed on?

Hey, used to be Gold Member, but switched to Adelaide Oval membership. How do I let the club know that I also am upset and want Burton sacked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back