Official Club Stuff 2018 Membership Tally and Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not going to crack 40K.
With the risk of going all Julie Andrews here ... don't lose heart, the membership numbers never usually top out until July, and there are a lot of games for our boys to either show what they're made of or stuff it completely between now and then.

With the risk of going all Julie Andrews here ... don't lose heart, the membership numbers never usually top out until July, and there are a lot of games for our boys to either show what they're made of or stuff it completely between now and then.

I'm neither here nor there about it really.

40K & ~38k in a couple of bottom 4 seasons is not a bad result for us.

I don't understand this Franklin's no thrills marketing strategy.
Aside from prostituting the value of a nmfc membership and risking I'll feeling from those that continue to support the club year in year out.
It's the revenue number not the membership number that counts. I guess enticing lapsed members to resign is harder then a liquidation sale.
Very poor form

I don't understand this Franklin's no thrills marketing strategy.
Aside from prostituting the value of a nmfc membership and risking I'll feeling from those that continue to support the club year in year out.
It's the revenue number not the membership number that counts. I guess enticing lapsed members to resign is harder then a liquidation sale.
Very poor form

In the good old days Peter de Rauch would step in and pick up 500 memberships. It's a pity they s**t all over him. He runs again, he gets my vote.

Where is Dictator Scanlon? Put your hand in your pocket you rich bastard!

They may well get to 50k if they want to give out games at $10 a pop. Why not have buy one year get the next one or even two years free? Today's SEN dalliance will have done some lasting damage.

I understand the frustration but for what it's worth I purchased a couple of these sen membership offers on top of my normal membership that auto renews every year so I could start to bring a couple of people who don't usually come to the footy to our games. If it wasn't for this promotion I wouldn't have purchased anything other than just my normal membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, what a pack of whingers. You make it sound like North are the only organisation to ever offer a limited time sale in order to increase sales.

Get over it.

Our club (and I presume 17 others) want people signing up early for obvious reasons.

This promotion flies in the face of that.

Geez, what a pack of whingers. You make it sound like North are the only organisation to ever offer a limited time sale in order to increase sales.

Get over it.
People could be forgiven for removing themselves from the True Roo for Life program. No need to start paying in November and no need to pay full price.

Just wait until a week before the 2019 season and save 70%.

Win win win.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

People could be forgiven for removing themselves from the True Roo for Life program. No need to start paying in November and no need to pay full price.

Just wait until a week before the 2019 season and save 70%.

Win win win.

Don't we get our names etched on the walls of Arden Street when we sign up early? Is that not important to anyone?

Don't we get our names etched on the walls of Arden Street when we sign up early? Is that not important to anyone?

LOL, they probably scratched mine out (if it's even there).

The reason I buy two Schimma Platinum Memberships, plus Huddle Memberships, on a Automatic Yearly Rollover, is because I love the club and understand that for the club to survive in Melbourne, I need to support it financially. However, I can understand that there are some out there that feel aggrieved that they have had to pay full whack for their 11 game Memberships, whilst others who had not signed up early were given the opportunity with this one day special, to get a cheap Membership. It ain't very fair. Poor Form by the Marketing arm of the club. They have erred on this occasion. :stern look

The reason I buy two Schimma Platinum Memberships, plus Huddle Memberships, on a Automatic Yearly Rollover, is because I love the club and understand that for the club to survive in Melbourne, I need to support it financially. However, I can understand that there are some out there that feel aggrieved that they have had to pay full whack for their 11 game Memberships, whilst others who had not signed up early were given the opportunity with this one day special, to get a cheap Membership. It ain't very fair. Poor Form by the Marketing arm of the club. They have erred on this occasion. :stern look

We can just kiss this offer goodbye next year then if it's going to cause grief.

As per below.

Called the club today and spoke to Sam.
We weren’t going to do the SEN membership day as it was costing the club too much. Only committed to it late last week as SEN reduced the price.
Also, sounds like the book is only going out to members who have resigned this year, so it depends on when you signed as to when the book will arrive

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good post.

5 sentences and no mention of Brad Scott. I'm calling that a record.

Wow. High risk strategy. Lots of us (>32,000) paying full retail and signing up early to help the club - at least some won't be happy. Alienate some of the dyed-in-the-wool to pick up a few of the uncommitted? Not sure I'd go down that path as a business strategy.

And the mouldy cherry on top is joining forces with Fat Hutchy's mob.

Is this an AGL initiative which all clubs have a membership day through SsEN?

Thank God for level heads like this post.

The club has clearly made a mistake with this but calls to bring it to its knees by not renewing on the Roo for life program or simply signing up early are appalling and people need to take a deep breathe and settle.

Between this and the Agro about team selection and certain players I am scared to imagine our supporter group if we have a tough few years.

We have loved laughing at Carlton and Richmond fans eat their own over the years and felt we were better than that!

It worries me that we are the same if not worse. We have had a tough couple of years - God help us;(

Is this an AGL initiative which all clubs have a membership day through SsEN?

Thank God for level heads like this post.

The club has clearly made a mistake with this but calls to bring it to its knees by not renewing on the Roo for life program or simply signing up early are appalling and people need to take a deep breathe and settle.

Between this and the Agro about team selection and certain players I am scared to imagine our supporter group if we have a tough few years.

We have loved laughing at Carlton and Richmond fans eat their own over the years and felt we were better than that!

It worries me that we are the same if not worse. We have had a tough couple of years - God help us;(
Not sure who is calling for the club to be brought to its knees. I worded my post carefully to avoid suggesting that.

I'm similar to Zondor in terms of buying high level and extra memberships on auto renewal, for the same reasons.

However, I think yesterday's program was ill-considered at best. This is based on the potential disincentive it creates amongst the loyal by providing a significant timing and cash advantage to the less loyal.

Then we have a couple people coming in to snipe those of us who point out the flaws in yesterday's program. My last post was in response to that.

Turn it up, rusted ons kept this club going for 150 years before all the bullshit turned up.

I don't remember seeing any "progressives" and "marketers" standing on the steps of the Dallas Brooks Hall 11 years ago.

The rusted on traditionalists saved this club and they are STILL the silent driving force behind this club.

SEN came up with the membership offer? Come on! It was the clubs decisions and a very poor one at that which would’ve left a bad taste it a lot of people’s mouth.

My thoughts exactly. How the * can SEN decide what membership deals we're selling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back