Official Club Stuff 2018 Membership Tally and Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

toilet paper?
Now you're thinking! There's a whole marketing opportunity out there for the club.

For all of our supporters who reckon that they wouldn't 'wipe their bottoms on Essendon', that would be a good test of their resolve :)

Last edited:

2018 membership packages released today. Looks like they have removed the Premiership Club and gone with the Schimma membership as it's flagship. They also have a basic level 2 reserved seat membership offering priority 2 GF tickets and bays in the pockets at either end. Not too sure what else has changed but they definitely still have the Archer level 1 reserved seating.

So apparently the premiership club is no longer the premium membership product - its now the schimma
2018 membership packages released today. Looks like they have removed the Premiership Club and gone with the Schimma membership as it's flagship. They also have a basic level 2 reserved seat membership offering priority 2 GF tickets and bays in the pockets at either end. Not too sure what else has changed but they definitely still have the Archer level 1 reserved seating.
I spoke with a rep today - schimma is now the flagship package. Apparently archer and premiership club are now the same price.

9ef3d73b-7003-4bd1-828e-b2ba51671bca.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership has gone up from $575 to $610.

Becoming increasingly difficult to justify that price for eight games.
club is completely out of touch with its members..
always has been and always will be..

club is completely out of touch with its members..
always has been and always will be..

I've never felt they were out of touch with me for what it's worth...

It's stunning how negative towards the club so many are at the moment. Every thread is like reading a stream of misery.

I'm seeing lots of great work by the club and I'm excited by the next season.

- a young team with players I want to watch like Jy, BB, Garner, Turner
- a bag full of cash
- stable management
- New VFL team
- New women's team
- Arden redevelopment proposal
- Financially strong
- Social leader with no pokies, community focus

I would love to see the club get a handle on;
- better off season results
- our injuries which have killed us
- filling some of our skill gaps
- getting the balance with Tasmania right to manage that worrying narrative

Personally - I wish they would call out the media more often for crap reporting but it would be futile and could well backfire but I can barely listen to any AFL media anymore

Overall - very happy with the clubs efforts and optimistic about this trade period.

I'm a True Roo for life Archer Club member - have been for nearly 15 years with no need to sign

I can't see how anyone can feel that the club has 'always' been out of touch with its members - fair enough if that's the way you feel but it doesn't ring true for me.

I've never felt they were out of touch with me for what it's worth...

It's stunning how negative towards the club so many are at the moment. Every thread is like reading a stream of misery.

I'm seeing lots of great work by the club and I'm excited by the next season.

- a young team with players I want to watch like Jy, BB, Garner, Turner
- a bag full of cash
- stable management
- New VFL team
- New women's team
- Arden redevelopment proposal
- Financially strong
- Social leader with no pokies, community focus

I would love to see the club get a handle on;
- better off season results
- our injuries which have killed us
- filling some of our skill gaps
- getting the balance with Tasmania right to manage that worrying narrative

Personally - I wish they would call out the media more often for crap reporting but it would be futile and could well backfire but I can barely listen to any AFL media anymore

Overall - very happy with the clubs efforts and optimistic about this trade period.

I'm a True Roo for life Archer Club member - have been for nearly 15 years with no need to sign

I can't see how anyone can feel that the club has 'always' been out of touch with its members - fair enough if that's the way you feel but it doesn't ring true for me.
Club does not offer value for loyalty compared to Hawthorn who also sell games to Tasmania. All we ask is for reserved seating for replacement games rather than being forced up to the nosebleeds and not being scammed to upgrade by Etihad Stadium.

Despite being paid up members both times in our finals campaign in 2015, Archer Legends members had barcode issues both years which resulted in many missing out on preferable seating and being grouped with opposition supporters.

Even this year the club didnt make it at all attractive or easy to find seating in Hobart for our game against Tasmania with a basic 'bad luck' 'we cant do anything' attitude.

I think the club gets a lot right with regard to transparency and whatnot but still we are a small club and we take a while longer than other clubs to get certain things spot on such as member services.

This isnt a personal experience either but rather a trend for many posters on here. I am not even that fussy and could care less about so many things because I love the club and I let a lot go.
But time and time and again when you need the club to just go that extra bit and puts it members interest at heart, you are more often than not left out in the open.

Your post completely misses the mark by addressing the trade period as this isnt a concern or issue for mine. What the club does onfield is best left up to the club and those they employ to control that area.
Where members however need to be serviced directly or indirectly than yes the club does fall short.

Called the Club today and was able to move my group of 7 members reserved seats from level 2 aisle 31(flank) to level 2 aisle 38(wing). I am not sure if this is because extra areas have become available or if people have dropped off due to circumstances. Anyway, thought I would put it out there as there maybe an option to switch to better viewing seats for other Schimma members if they are quick enough.

Schimma Platinum & Membership merch pack, $40 box on = Job's done

It adds up to about 15 bucks a week.

I figure we will break even this year, so if half our members contribute to box on, then our debt should be completely eliminated and North will be trading in the black for the first time in god knows how long.

Schimma Platinum & Membership merch pack, $40 box on = Job's done

It adds up to about 15 bucks a week.

I figure we will break even this year, so if half our members contribute to box on, then our debt should be completely eliminated and North will be trading in the black for the first time in god knows how long.
If we wanted to be debt free, we would have done it already. Hence, I'm no longer boxing on. Or, not until the club becomes a bit more open on what the debt reduction money is actually for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back