Official Club Stuff 2018 Membership Tally and Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to prime viewing position Dirty one.

x_ntJEr3j730lJlvX7jqdU-2FoMJefw5VwnEXvuJ_9EQgYREoxK5caV0yJWPUIIc0PSTaBUsqretxhqZU82QgBGW7amPwVH-30hkfho=w500-h200-nc
In your neck of the woods Toes?

Anyone know if there has been much of an effort to get some of our more famous fans involved in club promotion, whether it's wearing club gear at games or in advertising?

Ricky Pointing would certainly get the attention of the Indian community. We do a good job with community engagement (probably one of the best) but I think we could expand a lot further. For example, have him and JZ do an open day for all, but targeting the Indian community specifically. Sign autographs, kick a ball with the kids etc. While we don't have superstars on the field promoting the club, we need to get those off it involved.

While it's a different sport, look at how the Knicks and Lakers advertise. They've both been terrible for a decade, but you still see Spike Lee and Jack Nickleson getting into it on the sidelines, cameras always on them. Even the Mavericks, a lesser known team has a passionate owner who everyone knows about because he's always visible.
I think the Indian community is an untapped market. There's 400k of them in Australia and I haven't seen too many at AFL games. Imagine a few thousand of them in a cheer squad. It would blow the roof off.

Anyone know if there has been much of an effort to get some of our more famous fans involved in club promotion, whether it's wearing club gear at games or in advertising?

Ricky Pointing would certainly get the attention of the Indian community. We do a good job with community engagement (probably one of the best) but I think we could expand a lot further. For example, have him and JZ do an open day for all, but targeting the Indian community specifically. Sign autographs, kick a ball with the kids etc. While we don't have superstars on the field promoting the club, we need to get those off it involved.

While it's a different sport, look at how the Knicks and Lakers advertise. They've both been terrible for a decade, but you still see Spike Lee and Jack Nickleson getting into it on the sidelines, cameras always on them. Even the Mavericks, a lesser known team has a passionate owner who everyone knows about because he's always visible.
I think the Indian community is an untapped market. There's 400k of them in Australia and I haven't seen too many at AFL games. Imagine a few thousand of them in a cheer squad. It would blow the roof off.
We got ronda rousey to wear north gear. Although that nearly made me throw in the towel. I agree, untapped resource but it is tough and some are probably above getting dolled up for photos.

We just need to get the following to tweet about North:

- the rock
- conor mcgregor
- selena gomez
- kardashians
- lebron james
- floyd mayweather
- tom brady
- Sachin Tendulkar
- jet li

Last year when the rock released some of his 'project rock' clothing he was retweeting/replying to those that were wearing it. I tweeted him and put the north membership url towards the end. Unfortunately, they didn't retweet it. I'll keep at it.

Great Idea but because it's your idea it won't be taken up but still a great idea

I suppose that it is timely to kick off this thread considering that the new membership sign on for 2018 will be available soon. The NMFC website already has a "Register your interest" button. We need to garner as much support to make 2018 a growth year, in terms of membership, game attendances, on-field performance, and most importantly wins.
God I feel for the membership dept. With such poor on-field performances and bizarre off-field decisions, coupled with the inability to land any players of significance, what would make a border line member want to join?

If we wanted to be debt free, we would have done it already. Hence, I'm no longer boxing on. Or, not until the club becomes a bit more open on what the debt reduction money is actually for.

Pizza & Hookers?

ponting-pti-m.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I feel for the membership dept. With such poor on-field performances and bizarre off-field decisions, coupled with the inability to land any players of significance, what would make a border line member want to join?

I think there is heaps but personally I would go with something along the lines of;

'Grow with us" - community feel

Images of a younger team with JZ, Cunners, BBB, MacDonald, Jy, new top recruit

Then layer up with the new VFL team and Women's team (players if we have any! - and shots of Arden Street, Hobart and Etihad footage)

Developing , growing, building towards the future - Grow with us, BE A PART OF IT IN 2018!

( insert link to memberships)

We got ronda rousey to wear north gear. Although that nearly made me throw in the towel. I agree, untapped resource but it is tough and some are probably above getting dolled up for photos.

We just need to get the following to tweet about North:

- the rock
- conor mcgregor
- selena gomez
- kardashians
- lebron james
- floyd mayweather
- tom brady
- Sachin Tendulkar
- jet li

Last year when the rock released some of his 'project rock' clothing he was retweeting/replying to those that were wearing it. I tweeted him and put the north membership url towards the end. Unfortunately, they didn't retweet it. I'll keep at it.

Drake would be another one. Poor Ronda hasn't be the same since pulling on a North jumper.

Passion for the club and a willingness to not let it go under, would be my answer.

After all, troo supporters don't just get behind the club in good times, but it is more important for us to rally in the down times.

Last edited:
That would answer a few questions.

If it were cocaine and hookers we'd be a lot more attractive to potential recruits.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah there's a whole Army of Carlton supporters who'd sign up right away :)

Not entirely happy since I was happy with our Reserved Seat Level 1 memberships, which were $410 each last season. That membership no longer exists apparently & my options are as follows:

- upgrade to Archers for $550 each (keep same seat), or
- level 2 reserved seat for $420 (looks the similar membership but seats are a little too far into the pocket for my liking), or
- downgrade to the Cable member bay (move to inferior non-reserved seats at old North End) for $320, or
- downgrade to General Admin for $220 each.

Hmmmm.

Quick question (asking here as the club is closed now): I sit with my family on level 2, Schimma's platinum. Our seats were upgraded. Only two of us have received our notices, one says aisle 38, seat 12 and one says aisle 37, seat 9. I am under the impression that these are separate bays, but happy to be corrected that they actually meet somewhere in between aisle 37 and aisle 38 in the same bay.

There are no detailed Etihad stadium seating maps (with specific seat numbers) anywhere!

Last edited:
Quick question (asking here as the club is closed now): I sit with my family on level 2, Schimma's platinum. Our seats were upgraded. Only two of us have received our notices, one says aisle 38, seat 12 and one says aisle 37, seat 9. I am under the impression that these are separate bays, but happy to be corrected that they actually meet somewhere in between aisle 37 and aisle 38 in the same bay.

There are no detailed Etihad stadium seating maps (with specific seat numbers) anywhere!

Are they in the same row? How big is your group? It seems odd that they'd have a different aisle listed with the seats closer to one end than the other. It's not uncommon to have different aisles listed for seats in the same bay as they usually split the bay in half but this does seem odd. I'd get onto this with the club asap for clarification mate. Good luck.

Are they in the same row? How big is your group? It seems odd that they'd have a different aisle listed with the seats closer to one end than the other. It's not uncommon to have different aisles listed for seats in the same bay as they usually split the bay in half but this does seem odd. I'd get onto this with the club asap for clarification mate. Good luck.
Cheers mate. Will contact the club today. They are in the same row. Hopefully not an issue, because they are good seats!

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back