News 2018 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we get a new scarf/beanie/hat every year? How many do we need?
few times theres been a cooler bag which I think has been a good mix up so they should consider those again

Seat covers are the worst ones that still enter the rotation occasionally (maybe good back in Footy Park aluminium bench seat days but not for plastic fold up seats)

The Fans Association is getting rather salty that the club thanks it's 96,000-odd thousand members, and not use the offical AFL member figure.

Rather embarrassing and pathetic for the so called Fans Association to get their knickers in a knot over this.
There's a Fans Association?

Don't see the issue with claiming 97,000 members.

The AFL is accused of getting nothing right all year, except being able to come up with a fair way to count members across all clubs, apparently.

We don't have an extra 50,000 thousand seats we can sell as membership with single ticket packages.

If we can tell a potential sponsor we have 97,000 actively engaged members to get a deal across the line whether or not that person has bought access to one game is irrelevant.

It's not something the club has been caught doing. There's just no equal way to compare one club vs another, it's not about topping some list, they wouldn't bother if it was costing us money.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yesterday the club had a breakfast for all the supporter groups the club has, and what a farce it was.

First, the club told the supporter groups it would be the chance to attend a closed training session, then announced a couple of days before it would be an open training session. Then they under catered, badly. They had about 4 trays of croissants and scones to feed several hundred people crammed into the Cahill/McLeod room.

My issue on the membership numbers front is the Pro-rata basis the afl uses for the grand final

Who gives a **** what clubs use.

But using some ever changing criteria to pump up numbers and then pro-rataring those bs numbers annoy me.

Why should Hawthorn with 75k members get greater access to the grand final than us at 65k members at the gf when they have 15k Tasmania members which are included.

An ideal system if split tickets 50//50 and if a club doesn't utilise their 50% share, offer them to the other team.

Why should Richmond get 60% of seats at a gf and Collingwood 40%?

Who cares which club sells the most 3 game members. Give them an equal share

If GWS cant sell out their allotment then yeah, give them to Richmond. But why potentially **** over GWS fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue on the membership numbers front is the Pro-rata basis the afl uses for the grand final

Who gives a **** what clubs use.

But using some ever changing criteria to pump up numbers and then pro-rataring those bs numbers annoy me.

Why should Hawthorn with 75k members get greater access to the grand final than us at 65k members at the gf when they have 15k Tasmania members which are included.

An ideal system if split tickets 50//50 and if a club doesn't utilise their 50% share, offer them to the other team.

Why should Richmond get 60% of seats at a gf and Collingwood 40%?

Who cares which club sells the most 3 game members. Give them an equal share

If GWS cant sell out their allotment then yeah, give them to Richmond. But why potentially **** over GWS fans.

I'm pretty sure the GF now gives equal allocation to each team unless that's changed recently

I'm pretty sure the GF now gives equal allocation to each team unless that's changed recently
It wasn't last year. (I remember looking at last years successful applicant list for tickets, ours was 10 pages long and theirs 13 pages or something)
So unless it's changed in the last 11 months when I looked that sunday about 47 weeks ago, I doubt im wrong.

It wasn't last year. (I remember looking at last years successful applicant list for tickets, ours was 10 pages long and theirs 13 pages or something)
So unless it's changed in the last 11 months when I looked that sunday about 47 weeks ago, I doubt im wrong.

I'm pretty sure each club gets exactly 17,000 tickets each for members

Now im intrigued
The afl uses the rough splits for grand finals.
but doesn't give exact numbers

I threw in hearing someone mention the pro rata last year along with seeing Richmond having more successful applicants (with more members) as concluding in the pro-rate system

Now im intrigued
The afl uses the rough splits for grand finals.
but doesn't give exact numbers

I threw in hearing someone mention the pro rata last year along with seeing Richmond having more successful applicants (with more members) as concluding in the pro-rate system

Were those pre-ballot figures? Because there would be a list of every member that has a membership with a guaranteed GF ticket and maybe each club had a different number of these members. Maybe the list was only the ballot?

Yesterday the club had a breakfast for all the supporter groups the club has, and what a farce it was.

First, the club told the supporter groups it would be the chance to attend a closed training session, then announced a couple of days before it would be an open training session. Then they under catered, badly. They had about 4 trays of croissants and scones to feed several hundred people crammed into the Cahill/McLeod room.
Not enough cash

Bit of advice here guys. I am planning on having a gap year next year after 21 consecutive years of being a paid ticket holding member. I don’t want to lose my membership permanently but just want next year off. Does anyone know what options are available? If it just selling the ticket to someone else I can do that (and am happy if anyone is interested). Thoughts?

Bit of advice here guys. I am planning on having a gap year next year after 21 consecutive years of being a paid ticket holding member. I don’t want to lose my membership permanently but just want next year off. Does anyone know what options are available? If it just selling the ticket to someone else I can do that (and am happy if anyone is interested). Thoughts?

Yep just sell them for a year.

Pay for renewal - then advertise them.

You’d be better off renewing and selling the ticket (without the club’s knowledge of course), as the club no longer allows members to put their membership on hold for a season.

Yep just sell them for a year.

Pay for renewal - then advertise them.

You’d need to be really careful about advertising them for sale. On here, or around your work (or somewhere like that) would be fine, but the club in the past has checked places like eBay for people selling their memberships and then cancelling the membership.

It needs to be advertised somewhere where the club can’t get wind of it.

You’d need to be really careful about advertising them for sale. On here, or around your work (or somewhere like that) would be fine, but the club in the past has checked places like eBay for people selling their memberships and then cancelling the membership.

It needs to be advertised somewhere where the club can’t get wind of it.

How rude!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back