News 2018 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And as a SMA member even at $690-py it is a rip-off. I’m also a full AFL member and for $610-py I can get 40 H&A games at the G, first two weeks of all finals at the G for about $21- per game and access to PF and GF at discounted prices.

Someone is making s killing at AO!
Afl and MCC members are not charged enough

It not the difference between attending games, its the difference in taking public transport or driving to the games.
The areas around Adelaide would struggle with the influx of vehicles on game days, particularly for the Crows games and major events.
And contrary to popular belief Football is not the only event that has free transport with there tickets into Adelaide.

The people that see the benefit in public transport and not getting stuck in traffic with still pay for a train or bus to the footy. No different to if you were attending a concert or wanted to have a night out with beers with friends in the CBD.

The people that find the cost of public transport too high or like the comfort of their cars, will drive, but probably find themselves getting frustrated or stuck in traffic. Some of these people may in time switch to public transport, some may want to keep driving but will accept that they have their earlier, or park further away.

I just don't understand the handout mentality. Maybe the government should fund free trains and buses every weekday for everyone who works in the CBD, since there are more people there than an Adel Oval crowd?

The people that see the benefit in public transport and not getting stuck in traffic with still pay for a train or bus to the footy. No different to if you were attending a concert or wanted to have a night out with beers with friends in the CBD.

The people that find the cost of public transport too high or like the comfort of their cars, will drive, but probably find themselves getting frustrated or stuck in traffic. Some of these people may in time switch to public transport, some may want to keep driving but will accept that they have their earlier, or park further away.

I just don't understand the handout mentality. Maybe the government should fund free trains and buses every weekday for everyone who works in the CBD, since there are more people there than an Adel Oval crowd?

For starters it not totally Free, evry ticket sold has a surcharge on it for the service, I have mentioned $2.00 but I believe it closer to $3.00.
Also, you do know most major concerts have free travel under the same system, Most major events have free bus, tram and train.

As for Transportation Vehicle vs Bus. if they go with a user pay system, more people will Drive there would be min 3,000 extra vehicles on the road at the same time trying to get to the football and go home after.

Again stopping the Footy express will affect over 90% of people in some way. be it more traffic, higher cost.

Also worth noting that an anti-public transport and anti-pedestrian, pro-car, sexagenarian, wealthy lawyer is about to be elected Lord Mayor almost unopposed as the current Lord Mayor just dropped out unexpectedly today, with nominations closing Tuesday. The new guys plan is to return Adelaide to the "20 minutes to get anywhere" stereotype that hasn't existed since the 60s, because that's the reason he thinks businesses are moving out, by deleting bus lanes, letting cars drive on the tram tracks and turn across them, changing the light sequences (lol), and reducing the number of pedestrian crossings. He also wants to take back the development approval powers, but at least the Liberals have had the sense to decline it, at least for now.

SA and Adelaide look to be in for a rough few years under two sets of wildly out of touch clowns.

Keep the season ticket price the same (instead of the usual 5-10% increase) and people can pay for their own way to the game - walk, ride, drive or public transport. User pays, what a concept.

Well done Mr Marshall bout time someone thought to make a fairer system.
The issue with user pays is that people who rarely use Public Transport will fumble for a few coins to pay for a ticket and hold up the process.l of filling the bus and imagine the hold up at Adelside Railway Station.

I personally think all public transport should be free. When you see the amount of staff (who do nothing anyway for most of the time and just hang around the train station and stand in the train on their phones) and cost of systems to implement fare collection the actual profit is minimal anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also worth noting that an anti-public transport and anti-pedestrian, pro-car, sexagenarian, wealthy lawyer is about to be elected Lord Mayor almost unopposed as the current Lord Mayor just dropped out unexpectedly today, with nominations closing Tuesday. The new guys plan is to return Adelaide to the "20 minutes to get anywhere" stereotype that hasn't existed since the 60s, because that's the reason he thinks businesses are moving out, by deleting bus lanes, letting cars drive on the tram tracks and turn across them, changing the light sequences (lol), and reducing the number of pedestrian crossings. He also wants to take back the development approval powers, but at least the Liberals have had the sense to decline it, at least for now.

SA and Adelaide look to be in for a rough few years under two sets of wildly out of touch clowns.
Yeah but what do they think about the Crouch brothers and Milera?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back