2018 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a question for anyone who can be bothered answering me. I am likely to just buy my $60 sideline membership again this year, however I am contemplating buying an Interstate membership.
Now, it says on the membership portal that this membership entitles you to access to five games, one of which can be changed to a game in your home state. It says that contact must be made with the club on this first. Would anyone know how I do this, just call them up or email should do the trick yeah?
And secondly, if I manage to change one game to the SA game, I will have access to four games at Etihad Stadium. I might only use 2/3 of them, it all depends on how many times I can be bothered travelling to Melbourne. But the question is, this membership offers only GA access to these games. is it worthwhile buying these, or are the Etihad GA seats very poor? Like is there any GA seats that are not on the top level of the Stadium?? If there isnt I wont bother buying it but if I can still get decent seats in GA I might consider it.
Thanks guys, I appreciate any answer on this one
I'm pretty sure the only GA seats available at Etihad are on Level 3 however the view from up there is still pretty good if you ask me. In some of the bigger games I've also upgraded my seats to Level 2 and they discount them by about $25 if you are a GA member so it's not as expensive to upgrade to a reserved seat for a couple of games if that is all you are going to come over for.

I thought social club was an add-on, so you need to have an actual membership as well. Could be wrong though.

AFL Member for over 20 years and also a social club member - if you nominate the Western Bulldogs as your AFL member club support you are also counted as an 11 game WB member, and receive all Bulldog member rights (voting rights, member pack, access to membership add ons including social club).

The belief that AFL members are some elite corporate group is a media driven myth. The vast majority of AFL members are normal, die hard club supporters who know that the easiest way for a "nobody" to get to a Grand Final is by upgrading their normal club membership to an AFL membership, and then waiting to be upgraded from silver to gold membership.

Hoping someone with some experience can help? I am a silver AFL member with Richmond club support, obviously I have missed out on a ticket but my mate who is an AFL Gold member bought me a ticket as a gesture. Do you think I will be okay to use the ticket and have my membership just in case I get checked?

Hoping someone with some experience can help? I am a silver AFL member with Richmond club support, obviously I have missed out on a ticket but my mate who is an AFL Gold member bought me a ticket as a gesture. Do you think I will be okay to use the ticket and have my membership just in case I get checked?
No worries at all m8.

I was a bit worried because I had my membership checked first week and saw tickets being checked on Saturday so think they are beefing up on checking so I am a little worried

I was a bit worried because I had my membership checked first week and saw tickets being checked on Saturday so think they are beefing up on checking so I am a little worried
I was going to get a ticket with my Gold membership watch a quarter then scan out and give my ticket to a mate who follows the Tigers as he missed out on a ticket. But unfortunately I missed out. He will have to go to Punt Road on Saturday.

I wasn't questioned last year and didn't see anyone questioned. You should be fine. Enter around 12-12:30, usually pretty busy then anyway.

Your right , you need a min 5 game membership toalso have a social club add on.

I am a Social Club member and wanted to reduce my membership (currently GA All Home games) because I couldn't make it to a single game this year due to work / family and thinking next year will be similar.

Just messaged the club, the minimal level to hold the Social Club membership is GA All Home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a Social Club member and wanted to reduce my membership (currently GA All Home games) because I couldn't make it to a single game this year due to work / family and thinking next year will be similar.

Just messaged the club, the minimal level to hold the Social Club membership is GA All Home games.

Must of changed then as i tried last year as a sideline member to get SC and had to upgrade to country/interstate. Got my renewal for next year and its the same.
There was the SC add on /wait list page last year that said 5 game min but can't see a SC add on/ wait list page for next year on site.

edit. A bit of digging found this on wait lists.

2018 WAITLISTS
Due to unprecedented demand, after our Premiership win in 2016 we have had two memberships go to a waitlist. These include Premiership Gold and the EJ Whitten Social Club.

In order to go on the waitlist for either of these memberships, members must an active membership to retain their spot on the waitlist and pay a non-refundable annual administration fee ($5 in 2018).

All those who purchased a spot on the waitlist in 2017 will have their place in the queue displayed on their 2018 renewal notice. Once the cut-off for 2018 EJ Whitten Social Club renewals passes (Friday 8 December, 2017) we will review current numbers of available Premiership Gold and EJ Whitten Social Club memberships for the 2018 season.

All members on the waitlist will be informed in early 2018 with the status of the waitlist they are on.

Please note that if you want to secure a Premiership Gold seat the only way to do so is buy joining the Premiership Gold waitlist. If you are a current member wanting to add-on a junior, family member or friend the same rules apply.

If you would like to book a spot on either waitlist please contact one of our membership team on 1300 46 36 47 or email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Last edited:

interesting - I'm an interstate member and I have social club

I waited over ten years to be able to get a Chicago Cubs season seat. When I finally got to the top of the list, I couldn't go to most of the games and declined the offer. If I would have accepted, I could have been a millionaire selling my World Series tickets last year.

I was able to get a Silver membership with a seat on Level 1 three rows from the fence in May. I might keep it for next year, but go on the waiting list for Gold. It's only money. It's the time that I'm concerned about.

I waited over ten years to be able to get a Chicago Cubs season seat. When I finally got to the top of the list, I couldn't go to most of the games and declined the offer. If I would have accepted, I could have been a millionaire selling my World Series tickets last year.

I was able to get a Silver membership with a seat on Level 1 three rows from the fence in May. I might keep it for next year, but go on the waiting list for Gold. It's only money. It's the time that I'm concerned about.
:(

Im a silver member with social club. I want to drop it to be a afl member but keep my social club. This can be done right?
Yes. I did this back in 2010. As someone else said, as long as WB is your nominated club, you can do this- no issues. And any GF ballot is done with the club through your social club membership.
Also, you get 2 membership packs!

Cannot recommend AFL membership highly enough! There's a bit of wait to get Gold, but it's so worth it; especially if you enjoy going to the finals even if the Dogs aren't playing

I'll be renewing my home & away membership on monday. Just to be clear, there are 2 waiting lists? One for premiership gold(guaranteed GF tix, regardless who makes it??) and one for social club members(should the doggies make it only??)

No Western Bulldogs membership category gets you a GF ticket if the Dogs aren't playing.

With the club dropping major bollocks and losing Stringer, I fear the worst for our membership numbers next year. Sick of this s**t. Club needs to grow balls and get more professional and stuff fcuking around.

With the club dropping major bollocks and losing Stringer, I fear the worst for our membership numbers next year. Sick of this s**t. Club needs to grow balls and get more professional and stuff fcuking around.

I said when the news came out we will drop below 40000 members in 2018 and I stand by that.

All of those that jumped on the wagon will be off just as fast

lol.

Anyway, re-signed, too easy.

Happy to take a bet with anybody who thinks membership doesn't get over 40000. Haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back