2018 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

My order was late cause my auto renew failed (new credit card expiry). Anyone had theirs arrive yet? What's the scarf and cap like?

The club sent out a survey a while back that had a suggestions box and I suggested letting people have the option of choosing hat or scarf with their membership each year. So I'm claiming responsibility for the options they did this year :D

Got an email from the club yesterday.

My membership pack and card are in transit expected to be delievered between 7-14 days.

Yeah i got an email Wednesday to say it’s on the way.

Unsure how it’ll be this year. Waiting to see if i can get a level 2 seat first, then if unlucky see if i can get a level 1 seat.

But won’t know til January.

I proudly renewed my membership a few minutes ago for my 41st year as a Western Bulldog. I have kept my season seat on Level 1, Aisle 35.

My new cat, Zsa Zsa, became a pet member for the first time following in the tradition of the late Barry, the late Jordan and Lily.

121g85l.jpg

I proudly renewed my membership a few minutes ago for my 41st year as a Western Bulldog. I have kept my season seat on Level 1, Aisle 35.

My new cat, Zsa Zsa, became a pet member for the first time following in the tradition of the late Barry, the late Jordan and Lily.

121g85l.jpg
Is that a Bengal? We have a Bengal. She's loopy!
She only drinks water from a milk frother and very particular about her food and kitty litter

121g85l.jpg

Great stuff Chicago1. Yes I'm Level 1 Aisle 33. It is a great passionate Bulldogs area. Love it.

Is that a Bengal? We have a Bengal. She's loopy!
She only drinks water from a milk frother and very particular about her food and kitty litter
She's just an ordinary tabby I got from a shelter. She has tiger-like markings but I still love her.:)

Got my pack today. Much more blue in the scarf. Felt weird having one without a membership card in it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fan on a WB FB forum today posted that our current tally is 29,538.

The club tweeted on 14 December 2016 that the then current tally was 29,302.

Assuming the former is correct, we are doing pretty well.

Doing what I like to do every year, which is calculating how many members we are getting per day, and how many we need per day to reach x amount of members,...

on the 2nd of Dec 2016 we had 27,054 members, 12 days later we had 2248 more. That's 187 per day.

We are already 236 ahead of last year, and 6 days ahead. That puts us about 1300-1400 members ahead of this time last year.

Is it because members are renewing sooner? Or are we getting new members? Probably both. 50k is looking more likely than not at this early stage.

Doing what I like to do every year, which is calculating how many members we are getting per day, and how many we need per day to reach x amount of members,...

on the 2nd of Dec 2016 we had 27,054 members, 12 days later we had 2248 more. That's 187 per day.

We are already 236 ahead of last year, and 6 days ahead. That puts us about 1300-1400 members ahead of this time last year.

Is it because members are renewing sooner? Or are we getting new members? Probably both. 50k is looking more likely than not at this early stage.
Early season wins will again be key I think.

My order was late cause my auto renew failed (new credit card expiry). Anyone had theirs arrive yet? What's the scarf and cap like?

The club sent out a survey a while back that had a suggestions box and I suggested letting people have the option of choosing hat or scarf with their membership each year. So I'm claiming responsibility for the options they did this year :D
Just got mine with a cap. It's ******* terrible.

In the early 90s, before the club had pet memberships. I signed my cat, Barry, up as a Junior member. There was a promotion that some of the junior members would receive a visit or a phone call(can't remember which) from one of the players for his/her birthday. I imagined Doug Hawkins showing up at my Briar Hill flat to wish Barry a Happy Birthday. Imagine the look on his face when... :D

Just got mine with a cap. It's ******* terrible.
I never go the cap for that reason. The hats always look bad and i have a massive noggin which makes it look worse. I love the clubs NewEra hats and beanies, far better. I always go the scarf. Someday I’ll have enough to sew together as a blanket.
Early season wins will again be key I think.
This. So important that we get early wins for our member count. Many fans aren’t as rusted on as those on this board. If they get early confidence from what we’re doing on field, they’ll sign up. Play the footy we did in the second half of last year and we’ll go backwards.

Did we get 47k members this year? If we can get that or a very slight improvement on that I think it’s a good result. (I’m personally presuming a bottom 10 finish)

If we look like a top 8 team up until June, with Ballarat partnership in its second year, i think there’s no reason we can’t crack 50k.

I never go the cap for that reason. The hats always look bad and i have a massive noggin which makes it look worse. I love the clubs NewEra hats and beanies, far better. I always go the scarf. Someday I’ll have enough to sew together as a blanket.

This. So important that we get early wins for our member count. Many fans aren’t as rusted on as those on this board. If they get early confidence from what we’re doing on field, they’ll sign up. Play the footy we did in the second half of last year and we’ll go backwards.

Did we get 47k members this year? If we can get that or a very slight improvement on that I think it’s a good result. (I’m personally presuming a bottom 10 finish)

If we look like a top 8 team up until June, with Ballarat partnership in its second year, i think there’s no reason we can’t crack 50k.
Yeah it's my own fault, I didn't submit my preferences.

Yeah it's my own fault, I didn't submit my preferences.
Was there any place to do so online? I do know it was on the mailer. Doesn't really matter to me, I guess. I always wear my 28 year old scarf and a Cubs cap.

Was there any place to do so online? I do know it was on the mailer. Doesn't really matter to me, I guess. I always wear my 28 year old scarf and a Cubs cap.
Yeah I did mine online and at first it appeared there was no way to choose but then a day or so later you get an email link to make the selection. Think it might be too late tho now and you automatically get the cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back