News 2018 membership

My suspicion is that the standards for AFL audited memberships have dropped to allow those at executive level within AFL House to claim their bonuses while not actually delivering any real growth. Happy to be convinced otherwise but I just can't see how these numbers are in any way comparable to previous years.

It's shenanigans to loosen the definition of 'AFL audited' member then claim it as growth based on the previous year(s) that used a stricter definition.

Is this really what the leadership of Gil is delivering? Comical new leagues (AFL-X), Disregard for competition integrity (In season new rule trials), artificially inflated growth numbers ('AFL Audited' memberships). Gil is the iceberg to the AFL's Titanic. Charlatan.

tumblr_inline_miwrkwFJvr1qz4rgp.gif

Boss351

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2014
Heart of P.A.F.C Territory
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
so every year with my Power membership I also buy a Port Magpies membership to support the locals, the club I guess adds that membership in the overall tally but removed in the AFL audit, with the Port club financing the local team books any way I'd probably be better off channelling those funds into Power related so the AFL counts it in the yearly audit:think:

Lol. I wish we had their problems.

I'm very happy for my club not to be a soulless monster of an organisation with no connection to its supporter base who exist purely to rake in mountain loads of cash, destroying and distorting a century old proud football culture in its state in the process.

They could make more money than Apple for all I care, doesn't make them a real football club.

AFL-W memberships should definitely not be included because not all clubs have AFL-W teams.

Create an AFL-W league that’s a money pit, allow clubs to double dip their membership figures and call it growth. Sub-prime mortgages anyone?

Remember when Port were the club apparently counting cat and dog memberships, yet the Crows have been busted counting 20k fake memberships.

Wheres that rug and my broom.

The year we beat them in the official audit, "data not tallies", said Fagan.

Proceeds to count a glorified mailing list as a 'membership' to inflate their total by 20,000.

Where do they find these gormless corporate chodes?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
hmm the more I think about it the more it pisses me off, our Port Magpie memberships get excluded in the audit but AFLW will be included? one a full season home games Vs 7 game exclusive club:rolleyes:, yet the media will twist the figures like we are a poor relation and bottom 3rd club
I'm a PAFC member, a PAFC SNAFL member and a AO Football member. I should be counted thrice farken! :shoutyoldman:

Counting AFLW "memberships" is ridiculous.

How many are kids who do auskick get doubled up with a membership sent out for each participant regardless of they want it or not. My son is a double member this year ruddy ridiculous
How much do you pay for the Auskick program and how long does it go for? 6 weeks? More? Do you fill out a form saying he is a Port member and give it to the person running the Auskick program or do you hook up via the club?

Just curious as it seems to be the first year the AFL has done it and 84,000 have been counted as members, but in the 2017 participation graphic I yesterday put up in the draft thread, I think it was that thread, it said there were over 200,000 Auskick participants in 2017.

Our count 61,442. reduced by 5,748 for AOSMA Football members allocated to Adelaide = 55,694 - 1,308 other adjustments = 54,386 ie kids that only pay $40, babies only $25, other memberships under $50 and Maggies memberships that are under $50 and don't give any rights to the PAFC

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-08-02/record-member-numbers-for-port
PORT ADELAIDE has broken its own membership record, the AFL’s annual member audit has confirmed.

With the club’s official number reaching a record 61,442 in 2018, the AFL audited number has been confirmed at 54,386 representing 4.3% year on year growth.

The AFL audit applies criteria across the league’s 18 clubs in order to provide a standardized view of membership club by club and AFL wide each year.

The primary difference between Port Adelaide’s official member number and the AFL audited number is the allocation of the Adelaide Oval stadium members who have access to all Port Adelaide games, with Port Adelaide allocated 2,252 (28%) of the 8000 stadium members.

Port Adelaide’s member retention was ranked second behind only 2017 premier Richmond at 93% in the critical 11-game season ticketed member categories, highlighting the loyalty and commitment of the club’s members.

Port Adelaide Chief Executive Keith Thomas thanked members for their loyalty, praising them for making the club one of the best supported in the nation. “2018 has seen a number of new records for us,” he said. “And much of that success comes on the back of record member retention, which is one of our most important indicators. “We are a member first club and we pride ourselves on that. “It highlights the faith our members have in the club and we are hellbent on repaying that faith with the on-field success our members deserve.”

Mr Thomas said the club had reviewed its membership options ahead of the 2018 season and would do so again to ensure members were given the best accessibility and value in 2019. Port Adelaide also leads the competition for general admission member attendance rates and ranks fourth overall for its member attendance at home games.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-08-02/record-member-numbers-for-port

Been taking advantage of the supply/demand differential for years, ripping millions out of their supporter base a year, literally shoving it into a bloated bank account with no apparent purpose. And then they have the audacity to ask for government funding for their new facility. Vile, contemptuous organisation.

Aren't they not even subservient to the WAFL anymore either? ie Optus Stadium is controlled by a different governance scheme?

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How much do you pay for the Auskick program and how long does it go for? 6 weeks? More? Do you fill out a form saying he is a Port member and give it to the person running the Auskick program or do you hook up via the club?

Just curious as it seems to be the first year the AFL has done it and 84,000 have been counted as members, but in the 2017 participation graphic I yesterday put up in the draft thread, I think it was that thread, it said there were over 200,000 Auskick participants in 2017.

If I recall correctly you don't have a choice you are signed up automatically, it asks you who your kid barracks for as you sign up, then a few weeks later a full membership comes out which I found odd as he already has a membership so the database just doubles him up I guess? I only hope it doesn't screw the renewal process next year for me although he'll score yet another child membership when he does auskick again. I only paid $25 bucks there's some government sports grant that pays the other $50.

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Did they ever have it on their website? I dont think so.

Edit they had this story on 12 April saying they had 82,699
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-04-12/crows-break-membership-record

So early April they had just shy of 83,000. Even at a conservative growth rate they would have easily eclipsed 90,000 by the audit cut off. A 30,000 reduction sure would be hard to justify to members if they held them in any such regard.

To put in other terms, the number of members audited out for the AFC would comfortably sit above GWS, Brisbane & GC for total overall members. Its a massive discrepancy.

Our count 61,442. reduced by 5,748 for AOSMA Football members allocated to Adelaide = 55,694

So they'll double-count Auskickers, but not a ticketed membership that gets you into all 11 Port home games.

Onya, Gilliam.

......... I only paid $25 bucks there's some government sports grant that pays the other $50.

Thanks for your full answer ST but this last bit is of great interest to me anyway. Forzaport in my reply to your post about AFL shenanigans I finished with - And as I have said before - follow the money and you will understand. That's for the next post. - ST's post just confirms this and you will see when I get around to finally doing that post.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for your full answer ST but this last bit is of great interest to me anyway. Forzaport in my reply to your post about AFL shenanigans I finished with - And as I have said before - follow the money and you will understand. That's for the next post. - ST's post just confirms this and you will see when I get around to finally doing that post.

Taxpayers' funds through junior sports grants artificially inflating membership counts and lining Gil's pocket with bonus monies

Sounds legit

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah I can't remember what it was but it linked to that and I'd never heard of it before but filled it out and bingo all done in 5mins.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Taxpayers' funds through junior sports grants artificially inflating membership counts and lining Gil's pocket with bonus monies

Sounds legit

This is when u go to register:

Cost: Metro: $75 Auskick Registration fee. Use of your childs O.R.S voucher, accessed through your Medicare number, will see the program discounted to just $25! For more information on the O.R.S Voucher program, please visit www.sportsvouchers.sa.gov.au

I've never heard of since of this O.R.S voucher

Weren’t they claiming to have surpassed 90,000 a while back?
The internet seems to have scrubbed all traces of this.

No doubt the lack of advertising over what would otherwise be a momentous achievement due to Fagan's increasing awareness of the embarrassment waiting for them at the end of the year when the figures get audited.

I said in post #1386
Our count 61,442. reduced by 5,748 for AOSMA Football members allocated to Adelaide = 55,694 - 1,308 other adjustments = 54,386 ie kids that only pay $40, babies only $25, other memberships under $50 and Maggies memberships that are under $50 and don't give any rights to the PAFC

Here is what our 1,308 is made up of

upload_2018-8-2_16-40-5.png

Not the middle one but the one on the left and the one on the right

upload_2018-8-2_16-40-52.png

This Victorian Juniors
upload_2018-8-2_16-43-15.png
upload_2018-8-2_16-43-33.png

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Fagan is confirmed to be a fraud. From Rucci's article on the membership numbers:

“We also have a 700,000 fan base with some of those fans being deeply engaged with the football club by their time and their financial commitment with a digital membership (that the AFL does not count).

“Some of these digital members spend more than the $50 that has them count in traditional membership figures. They are the lifeblood of our club; they are not counted by the AFL but mean so much to our club.”

According to the AFL's criteria, if they capture name & contact info (which you would assume comes with an online membership) and are spending over $50 then surely its a legit member. A membership pack is as simple as a card and a lanyard. However upon perusal of the website i cannot for the life of me find where you can pay to be purely just an online member of the Crows and don't receive a membership pack?

I also like how they count 70% of SMA members (5,748) and 6,500 AusKick kids. If you exclude both the membership tallies are as follows:

Adelaide : 52,491
Port Adelaide: 49,634

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fagan is confirmed to be a fraud. From Rucci's article on the membership numbers:

“We also have a 700,000 fan base with some of those fans being deeply engaged with the football club by their time and their financial commitment with a digital membership (that the AFL does not count).

“Some of these digital members spend more than the $50 that has them count in traditional membership figures. They are the lifeblood of our club; they are not counted by the AFL but mean so much to our club.”

According to the AFL's criteria, if they capture name & contact info (which you would assume comes with an online membership) and are spending over $50 then surely its a legit member. A membership pack is as simple as a card and a lanyard. However upon perusal of the website i cannot for the life of me find where you can pay to be purely just an online member of the Crows and don't receive a membership pack?

I also like how they count 70% of SMA members (5,748) and 6,500 AusKick kids. If you exclude both the membership tallies are as follows:

Adelaide : 52,491
Port Adelaide: 49,634
I like the the bit where Fagan says the email members are “deeply engaged”with the club.

So..#whereisfages is back?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
28% of the Stadium Membership seems like a low figure

With that amount at 50% we are only a couple thousand behind the filth
I've posted before that a couple/few seasons ago all AO Football memberships went up by $100 with the justification being that $50 would go to each of the SA AFL clubs to satisfy the AFL's membership requirement. I've posted an extract from the email somewhere but I'm on my phone so can't be fecked searching for it.

Despite this AO Football members are only counted as members of one club and that club is at the discretion of the SMA.

Back