News 2018 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious as it seems to be the first year the AFL has done it and 84,000 have been counted as members, but in the 2017 participation graphic I yesterday put up in the draft thread, I think it was that thread, it said there were over 200,000 Auskick participants in 2017.

Haha Rooch has been reading this thread? The above was written at 2.24pm below was published at 3.20pm
For the first time, the official membership figures include juniors who registered - and paid $75 - to be in the national Auskick program that has more than 200,000 participants (of which 84,000 have been counted in club membership figures this year).
some more numbers supplied

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/37076bbd6bea66c22196de20c5e3aae0
The SA market is further complicated with - for the fifth year - the 8000 stadium members at Adelaide Oval being allocated on a 72-28 split favouring the Crows.

Adelaide is listed with 64,739 members - up on last year’s figure of 56,865 that was a record with a different counting system. The Crows’ figure this season includes 6500 registered Auskickers - and 72 per cent of the Adelaide Oval stadium membership pool (5748).
Port Adelaide is listed with 54,386 members - also up on last year when the Power audit figure was 52,129. It also is a record, surpassing the 54,057 in 2015. The Power’s count this season includes 2500 Auskickers - and 28 per cent of the Oval membership base (2252).

Port Adelaide general manager Matthew Richardson told The Advertiser the Power figures include a 93 per cent retention of 11-game members - second only to Richmond. “We put enormous value on membership of our club - and know our members are loyal and committed,’ he said.

Removing Auskickers and the Oval memberships, the Crows have 52,491 members; Port Adelaide has 49,634.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/37076bbd6bea66c22196de20c5e3aae0

and
AFL premier Richmond tops the membership ladder as the first club to crack the 100,000 mark. The Tigers closed the membership sales period on July 31 with 100,726 members - 38.6 per cent up on last year’s (non-Auskick) figure of 72,669.

Fagan is confirmed to be a fraud. From Rucci's article on the membership numbers:

“We also have a 700,000 fan base with some of those fans being deeply engaged with the football club by their time and their financial commitment with a digital membership (that the AFL does not count).

“Some of these digital members spend more than the $50 that has them count in traditional membership figures. They are the lifeblood of our club; they are not counted by the AFL but mean so much to our club.”

According to the AFL's criteria, if they capture name & contact info (which you would assume comes with an online membership) and are spending over $50 then surely its a legit member. A membership pack is as simple as a card and a lanyard. However upon perusal of the website i cannot for the life of me find where you can pay to be purely just an online member of the Crows and don't receive a membership pack?

I also like how they count 70% of SMA members (5,748) and 6,500 AusKick kids. If you exclude both the membership tallies are as follows:

Adelaide : 52,491
Port Adelaide: 49,634
profaganda

This tweet from the club about membership numbers, giving the link to KT's explanation adds nothing to the discussion but the photo is so good it has to recorded.

They do have more members than us. Their crowds are better than ours. They are the SANFLs composite side. Realistically we sit about 40/60. For a real club side against the rest that is ****kn fantastic. Don't sweat it. The only thing that matters is beating thy hem on Saturday.
This is true.

It still doesn't make it less funny that in spite of these facts they still feel the need to embellish their numbers because they feel inferior to a real club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the Crows lose another 2 years worth of draft picks after they get done for a Membership Tally clerical error?
The 20-30k free email memberships is just a pointless dick measuring thing, not really illegal. Everyone knows it gets audited out later and then everyone laughs.

The 20-30k free email memberships is just a pointless dick measuring thing, not really illegal. Everyone knows it gets audited out later and then everyone laughs.
I guess I should have included the "I'm being a dickhead smartass" emoji

Didnt that utensil head just smugly throw out oh up to about 90 000 members during the roaming brian segment after a crows home game. Pretty sure i remember that...

They do have more members than us. Their crowds are better than ours. They are the SANFLs composite side. Realistically we sit about 40/60. For a real club side against the rest that is ****kn fantastic. Don't sweat it. The only thing that matters is beating thy hem on Saturday.

Couldn't agree more.

Who gives flying f*** that they have more members. Ofcourse they have more members, they represent 9 SANFL clubs.

When fans of ours try to compete with them on membership numbers, it's as cringeworthy as when they try to compete with us on history.

Couldn't agree more.

Who gives flying f*** that they have more members. Ofcourse they have more members, they represent 9 SANFL clubs.

When fans of ours try to compete with them on membership numbers, it's as cringeworthy as when they try to compete with us on history.

Even though both membership and History tend to move to the middle, currently, anything under 2:1 in members means that we are overperforming.

I purchased on line tickets for Crows vs Sydney @ the scg earlier this year, for friends as they computer illiterate.
Now I am on the crows mailing list. Apparently now I am a member??? I rang them & have asked to be removed.
Still not happening.

Couldn't agree more.

Plus they got the one off group of supporters who weren’t SANFL followers, but would go for the first SA team.

They have more numbers, both casual fans and at games. We can point legitimately to having more engaged fans (given they have no clubrooms and are carefully kept at arms length), but Port have correctly chosen the long game of targeting the younger supporters. We mock their demographics, but it is real, in 20 years when radio (5AA / MMM) and papers (The Advertiser) are even more dead, along with a good portion of their current season ticket holders, we will be near parity. They panic about us, I don’t see the need to worry about them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back