News 2018 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more.

Who gives flying f*** that they have more members. Ofcourse they have more members, they represent 9 SANFL clubs.

When fans of ours try to compete with them on membership numbers, it's as cringeworthy as when they try to compete with us on history.

Hey Port Power Est. 1996 did you know there was an Adelaide Football Club in the 1800s?

They do have more members than us. Their crowds are better than ours. They are the SANFLs composite side. Realistically we sit about 40/60. For a real club side against the rest that is ****kn fantastic. Don't sweat it. The only thing that matters is beating thy hem on Saturday.
This.

I used to get caught up in the dick swinging contest too, but now I couldn't give a flying pie floater.

I'd rather be a successful club on and off field with 60k members, than some corporate court created franchise with 200k customer numbers.

now-lets-go-eat-a-goddamn-snack.jpg

Even though both membership and History tend to move to the middle, currently, anything under 2:1 in members means that we are overperforming.
9:1
But they won't admit that!

We are the alternative, that's why I love the club. I'd hate to be following the 'norm'.

The 20-30k free email memberships is just a pointless dick measuring thing, not really illegal. Everyone knows it gets audited out later and then everyone laughs.

I remember saying that to a crow fan on the main board earlier in the season, I was told I know nothing when I said you'd lose that amount after the audit.

:D

Noticed this graphic on the footy industry board thread about financial results. I completely missed it when it was posted back in March but GWS give a substantial breakdown of their 2017 membership total. It would be interesting to see Ports equivalent break down for 2018. Membership department are you reading this thread??

GWS final 2017 figure was 20,944 and the graphic below only adds up to 20,169 but it gives you a bloody good breakdown. The 2016 membership total was 15,312.

DA-1rdwUMAITe0L.jpg:large

Noticed this graphic on the footy industry board thread about financial results. I completely missed it when it was posted back in March but GWS give a substantial breakdown of their 2017 membership total. It would be interesting to see Ports equivalent break down for 2018. Membership department are you reading this thread??

GWS final 2017 figure was 20,944 and the graphic below only adds up to 20,169 but it gives you a bloody good breakdown. The 2016 membership total was 15,312.

DA-1rdwUMAITe0L.jpg:large
I'd love to see this for other clubs. Also, 4k in Canberra is a pretty good effort.

I'd love to see this for other clubs. Also, 4k in Canberra is a pretty good effort.
They have worked Canberra market hard unlike North and bulldogs when they had a crack. Cheap 3 game pass for 3 games in Canberra about $120 plus other membership benefits and the 2.5 hour drive to Sydney to make a weekend of it Sydney watching footy a few times a year and you can buy a 3 game GA pass for games in Sydney for $90 make it an attractive offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back