2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what time the Loyal Lion rollover gets factored in? Can't see it before the 30th in last year's thread but can anyone remember roughly what we were on last year before the rollover?

View attachment 441366
I would imagine in the next couple of days as I know my membership rollover happens today.

I'm too lazy to check (plus I should get back to work but last years membership thread would probably have updates

I would imagine in the next couple of days as I know my membership rollover happens today.

I'm too lazy to check (plus I should get back to work but last years membership thread would probably have updates

Didn't see a number there. Just curious as I thought 4k might be up a bit on the early birds from last year.

I got my Loyal Lion email a little earlier, so I guess if we keep an eye on that number tomorrow or Monday it may get updated. Of the 20,000 odd members we have I'd guess we'd have a few more taking advantage of the lower monthly payment scheme than just 4,000.

Can someone please set me straight on whether there is a platinum level of membership?
Yes, there is. 20+ years membership. They made a big deal out of it when it was introduced two years back, and those of us who ponied up another hundred and a bit were given a limited run platinum member jumper with our names printed on the front behind the Lion.

Mrs 3KZ is Football took out a 2018 Victorian Family Membership the other day. Nice. It seems Membership is more complex than it used to be. Mrs 3KZ explained it to me and as I understand it, by paying more (hopefully this goes to the club) we get AFL reserved seating at Brisbane games in Melbourne AND AFL reserved seating at 5 or so other games in Melbourne that don’t involve Brisbane. Can this be so? I also got a nice email from the club asking what Merchandise I want (went the cap) and who did I want on my Membership card (that would be Kevin Murray). I have to study the whole thing properly. All this from a woman who clearly loves me and our kids, but hates football. I suspect I will have to find a friend to take to the footy, otherwise the the other Adult Ticket will go to waste.

Last edited:
Mrs 3KZ is Football took out a 2018 Victorian Family Membership the other day. Nice. It seems Membership is more complex than it used to be. Mrs 3KZ explained it to me and as I understand it, by paying more (hopefully this goes to the club) we get AFL reserved seating at Brisbane games in Melbourne AND AFL reserved seating at 5 or so other games in Melbourne that don’t involve Brisbane. Can this be so? I also got a nice email from the club asking what Merchandise I want (went the cap) and who did I want on my Membership card (that would be Kevin Murray). I have to study the whole thing properly. All this from a woman who clearly loves me and our kids, but hates football. I suspect I will have to find a friend to take to the footy, otherwise the the other Adult Ticket will go to waste.
I am free hahahahaha

How much extra did she pay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, there is. 20+ years membership. They made a big deal out of it when it was introduced two years back, and those of us who ponied up another hundred and a bit were given a limited run platinum member jumper with our names printed on the front behind the Lion.

Thank you!

This will be season 17 for me, so not too far to go!

Member numbers are well up on last year according to the club. I just joined up for the first time ever. Reserved seat plus guaranteed GF ticket (and two guest passes for the year) for $40 is a no-brainer.

Do you get free train travel to games if you are a member like you do with a paper ticket?

Member numbers are well up on last year according to the club. I just joined up for the first time ever. Reserved seat plus guaranteed GF ticket (and two guest passes for the year) for $40 is a no-brainer.

Do you get free train travel to games if you are a member like you do with a paper ticket?
Yes, membership is counted as a ticket for public transport.

Yeh we do the September member thing each year. The ‘free’ tickets are very handy.

This season the missus and I are upgrading from GA to prime seats in section 18. Has anyone here sat in that section before? Any issues with sun, access to food, beer and toilets?

This season the missus and I are upgrading from GA to prime seats in section 18. Has anyone here sat in that section before? Any issues with sun, access to food, beer and toilets?
I'm in 18. The only issue is the sun during day games. Be prepared for full sun on those 1pm starts. Twilight games are more bearable as the sun is behind the Western stands by end of 1st quarter.

I'm moving from section 29 to dinner for two (69)... anything I should know about the conditions up there being different from where I was directly below it beforehand?

Anyone considered changing from a Lions membership to a Gabba membership? I'm committed for 2018 but considering it for 2019. Apart from the deposit I don't think its a bad deal.

Anyone considered changing from a Lions membership to a Gabba membership? I'm committed for 2018 but considering it for 2019. Apart from the deposit I don't think its a bad deal.

Gabba membership wouldn't benefit the club though would it?

Yeah I've been tempted. My dad joined just before summer started, and I experienced that part of the ground during the Ashes late last year. Air conditioning... padded seats... I'm a pushover for luxury, so I'm considering the same for 2019 for me and my wife too, but it doesn't do anything to help fill the Lions bank account, which is the big downside for me.

Gabba membership wouldn't benefit the club though would it?

No, and that is one thing holding me back, but at the end of the day if there's a deal around that I prefer, I'll take it, getting into all of the cricket as well is a good draw card, and other benefits.

One of the other things holding me back is AFAIK you have to wear shoes and not thongs to get in :mad: :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back