2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/12/17

Richmond-65,210(previous best approx. 52,568)
Collingwood~55,000?(can't admit to being second)
Hawthorn~55,000?(Why so quiet? Kennett is back to keep them ahead of us)
Adelaide~50,000?
West Coast~50,000?
Essendon-48,710
Port Adelaide-43,923
Geelong-42,073
Fremantle~40,000?
Carlton-33,937
Footscray~30,000?
St Kilda~30,000?
Melbourne-28,354
North Melbourne-26,384
Sydney-25,480
Brisbane-13,251
West Sydney-12,490
Gold Coast-6,410
where do you find the up to date tiger numbers?

The ones with nice round numbers are bullshitting. Pies, Hawks, Adelaide & West Coast.

maybe the crows will give away free memberships again like 2017 before the afl audit comes in and wipes about 17k off their tally :'(

and as for the hawks - they are plotting and getting their big benefactors to buy memberships in bulk to magically pass us - watch this space

#lolnorf - Soon to be Tasmania

images

Nah I'm living in Tassie don't want those flogs down here.

maybe the crows will give away free memberships again like 2017 before the afl audit comes in and wipes about 17k off their tally :'(

and as for the hawks - they are plotting and getting their big benefactors to buy memberships in bulk to magically pass us - watch this space
Pies always quote round numberssss. It would be interesting to see their real numbers. In truth it should be on dollar value. There are so many membership types like 3 games etc. Which are great for country supporters etc. But really pet memberships and the like are total bullshit. Only true gauge is dollar value.

Pies always quote round numberssss. It would be interesting to see their real numbers. In truth it should be on dollar value. There are so many membership types like 3 games etc. Which are great for country supporters etc. But really pet memberships and the like are total bullshit. Only true gauge is dollar value.
No clubs includes pet memberships in their total. That myth has been debunked many times. If they did, the AFL swill simply remove them when they do their audit.

Dollar value can be deceptive. Essendon reserved seating costs a lot more than our equivalent reserved seating. I see giving supporters better value for money as a positive. As far as 3 game memberships go the vast majority of the clubs have them (and they meet the criteria from the afl to count them) so can't see an issue with including them.

Last edited:
It's going to be an intesting ballet come finals time with 90k members particularly if we are playing against another big Vic club.
Yeah, clearly not everybody is going to get a ticket. Though having a membership gives you a chance if you're quick enough, not having a membership will mean there is literally no chance.

No clubs includes pet memberships in their total. That has myth been debunked many times. If they did, the AFL swill simply remove them when they do their audit.

Dollar value can be deceptive. Essendon reserved seating costs a lot more than our equivalent reserved seating. I see giving supporters better value for money as a positive. As far as 3 game memberships go the vast majority of the clubs have them (and they meet the criteria from the afl to count them) so can't see an issue with including them.
Cool. I have no problems with 3 game members as it covers supporters living bush and that will roughly be an equal percentage for each club.

I love how many members we're getting but am starting to worry about getting a seat at big games! :sick: I might have to book a reserve seat for the bigger games now!

I'd like to see us a big as Barca, Real Madrid etc ... full stadiums EVERY week and you have beg your grandfather to put you in his will for his membership to be given to you ...

We should be the 1st Australian club to reach that level.

(I dare to dream - the dreams have been pretty sweet -and a touch damp- lately)

No. I had fantastic seats but the 2 I gave away were crap. Rioli club is garbage.
That's interesting.
I'm actually not surprised that the club, after happily taking money from it's most loyal supporters for years, it is only too happy to rip them off when it comes to repaying that loyalty.
I was in the Rioli club for a few years until a couple of years ago, but in the end thought the the money saved by not being in the club could go towards getting good tickets should Richmond ever make the grand final. Obviously a good decision.
It's the same with interstate memberships. You pay a premium and often get the worst seats at the ground. Now I just buy a 3 game membership and cough $100 odd once or twice a year to get amongst the best seats in the ground.

Another thing, my daughter didn't buy a membership last year because she is a student and financially challenged. If i'd known I'd have bought her one. Anyway I did buy her one this year and asked if her continuing years of membership could be restored, they wanted a fair bit of money for it, I think it was something like $150.

Interesting that after decades of supporting the club during our tough years, including a decent donation to the Save our Skins campaign when I was a poor student, now that they have tasted success, the Tigers administration throws our loyalty in our faces in search of an extra few dollars profit.

Loyalty should work both ways. RFC_Official : The club shouldn't be treating is loyal supporters with such contempt now that the bandwagon has grown. What will happen is that, when things go south, these Johny come lately supporters will tend to jump off the bandwagon and you will have pissed off your most loyal supporters.

/- end rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's interesting.
I'm actually not surprised that the club, after happily taking money from it's most loyal supporters for years, it is only too happy to rip them off when it comes to repaying that loyalty.
I was in the Rioli club for a few years until a couple of years ago, but in the end thought the the money saved by not being in the club could go towards getting good tickets should Richmond ever make the grand final. Obviously a good decision.
The club can't be blamed for GF tickets, they've got no control, all it does is give you a guaranteed seat in the ticketek ballot of which only so many seats are available and it's literally a lottery as to where your barcode comes up, for people to complain while thousands of people missed out who would have take the so called crap seats in a heartbeat is pretty poor form.

The club can't be blamed for GF tickets, they've got no control, all it does is give you a guaranteed seat in the ticketek ballot of which only so many seats are available and it's literally a lottery as to where your barcode comes up, for people to complain while thousands of people missed out who would have take the so called crap seats in a heartbeat is pretty poor form.
I call bullshit. Those that have paid a higher premium should get the best seats available to them. If you pay top dollar for a membership you should be entitled to a better seat. The ballot should only be in place for those that have not paid for reserved seating. The higher price you've paid should entitle you to your best available seat. If you are in a top dollar membership your seat should be allocated before a Rioli club member and definitely before a non guaranteed seat membership. If members who pay top dollar get s**t tickets they may aswell drop their memberships and buy scalped tickets. That way they can choose the location. This would end up costing the club money. It's not poor form to complain about s**t seats if you've payed out hard earnt unlike many who got a reasonable seats for very little outlay via a bullshit ballot. Yes I do understand that it is out of Richmonds hands though.

I call bullshit. Those that have paid a higher premium should get the best seats available to them. If you pay top dollar for a membership you should be entitled to a better seat. The ballot should only be in place for those that have not paid for reserved seating. The higher price you've paid should entitle you to your best available seat. If you are in a top dollar membership your seat should be allocated before a Rioli club member and definitely before a non guaranteed seat membership. If members who pay top dollar get s**t tickets they may aswell drop their memberships and buy scalped tickets. That way they can choose the location. This would end up costing the club money. It's not poor form to complain about s**t seats if you've payed out hard earnt unlike many who got a reasonable seats for very little outlay via a bullshit ballot. Yes I do understand that it is out of Richmonds hands though.
I agree with this , This is how you will sell upgrades and get a better yield from memberships, Whilst everybody wants to attend a GF and have great seats this is not possible so the club needs to get members upgrading to maximise profits

Pet memberships havent been counted for years

To count during the afl audit they have to be for a person, give access to a game (used to be three, but someone told me its now one, but i havent confirmed), and have a minimum financial value

This is why the crows online members, and weagles in the wings members dont count

No clubs includes pet memberships in their total. That myth has been debunked many times. If they did, the AFL swill simply remove them when they do their audit.

Several years ago the afl did release a net membership revenue by club. Off mem us and hawks were at $130 each, and the dons pies and blues were at $180

We would probably have more reserve seat members than our ballot allocation. This idea also kills attendance for country, interstate and overseas members

Nope and nope.

On the bolded you do get the best seats available, in the HOME and AWAY season for which your membership is based.

As for finals tough luck, everyone is on equal footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back