2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock down a piece of history for a room to keep computer and desk? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
FUNNY STUFF

:D
So we relocate to keep the stand then?

The irony is that the thing you love most being membership growth is one of the reasons we need to expand the facilities;)

Knock down a piece of history for a room to keep computer and desk? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
FUNNY STUFF

:D

It's not for offices for admin

It's for the fact the club now hosts an AFL side a vfl side, a vflw side, soon a n aflw side, the kgi, and onsite teaching with our Swinburne alliance

There is a Melbourne City Council Category B Heritage Listing on the JDS, as noted in the Mandie Centre Building Application in 2009. I'm no Architect or Building Surveyor, but I believe Category B can be worked around.

Haere Ra

thought there may have been some type of complication

Thank you kiwi

its no longer sacred.. carlton flogs taking up seats in the stand last weekend. shouldve been booted. spoilt now.
They have polluted the place , Dont worry about knocking it down just burn everything they touched

You never know what they might have

I believe the time has come to consider the future of the Jack Dyer Stand.

Haere Ra

At the end of the day the City Hall (the real one) get to decide as we don't own it.

Depends what you want to propose (what is it you think we need???). We wont be at the top of the tree forever so we can't go building white elephants ala the legends stand. What about behind the goals at the northern end of the PRO? Or the RFC car parking? Surely we aren't going to be so precious as to knock down a stand and keep that shitty car park when we have the biggest car park in the city on the other side of the bollards. Just how big a footprint do you think we need? The women's team can be based at Craigieburn (or wherever it is) for all I care.

I am all for improving our home base but unless someone is proposing a complete rebuild (ala the once mooted 3rd stadium) I fail to see why we have to knock down an iconic and historic structure when there is other land available in the precinct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day the City Hall (the real one) get to decide as we don't own it.

Depends what you want to propose (what is it you think we need???). We wont be at the top of the tree forever so we can't go building white elephants ala the legends stand. What about behind the goals at the northern end of the PRO? Or the RFC car parking? Surely we aren't going to be so precious as to knock down a stand and keep that shitty car park when we have the biggest car park in the city on the other side of the bollards. Just how big a footprint do you think we need? The women's team can be based at Craigieburn (or wherever it is) for all I care.

I am all for improving our home base but unless someone is proposing a complete rebuild (ala the once mooted 3rd stadium) I fail to see why we have to knock down an iconic and historic structure when there is other land available in the precinct.

We do own it. It’s our leasehold improvement that sits on land leased from the MCG Trust and the MCC i.e. Yarra Park. The carpark sits outside of that lease thus the Club has no power over it. We have to take what we get from the MCC. The northern end might be an option.

Haere Ra

We do own it. It’s our leasehold improvement that sits on land leased from the MCG Trust and the MCC i.e. Yarra Park. The carpark sits outside of that lease thus the Club has no power over it. We have to take what we get from the MCC. The northern end might be an option.

Haere Ra

Thanks. Just to clarify, the parking that is currently used by the club (I think there's a boom gate to prevent match day access by us plebs), that's part of our lease isn't it?

Is your idea to rebuild a modern stand (with new facilities underneath), or more of an admin complex and no stand?

Thanks. Just to clarify, the parking that is currently used by the club (I think there's a boom gate to prevent match day access by us plebs), that's part of our lease isn't it?

Is your idea to rebuild a modern stand (with new facilities underneath), or more of an admin complex and no stand?

No. The car park is not part of our lease. Lease is to 1 metre from brickwork, last time I looked.

Haere Ra

:rolleyes:
View attachment 516061

Heaps of space highlighted. Would be great to restore the old stand and retain that sense of history while adjoining it to a newer facility at the north end. Something could be developed in the south-east corner too.

This. Choice between a historical structure and a bit of grass. Tough choice :cool:

:rolleyes:

This. Choice between a historical structure and a bit of grass. Tough choice :cool:
Exactly. Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. what is it? A softening up job on Tiger members? RFC taking a leaf out of the AFL public relations book? Or other interested parties e.g. Developers sliding in the thin edge of their wedge?

PRO right now offers a perfect mix of tradition and the brand new. The only reason it's cramped for VFL is that they refuse to open up the grassy knolls/car park area, this continues to frustrate and is the only thing that takes away from the VFL/AFL match day experience for me.

The Tiges finally getting things right after we propped them up for decades and their best next idea is demolishing the last vestiges of our traditional home? Bizarre.

Richmond train station is in desparate need of an upgrade. Build admin offices over the top of the station and Brunton Ave linking up with PRO.
Yep, Richmond station upgrade is inevitable, enormous, and THE opportunity that the Tigers should be all over.

Sadly to date it's Eddie McGuire on behalf of Collingwood that's made the high profile propositions there.

All the progressive thinking from the Tiges should be on the Brunton Ave. side. Who knows, we might get an approximation to our original stadium back out of it.

Where are the big ideas RFC?Demolish the JDS...Not one of them.

I like how everyone whinged that the club didn’t have the infrastructure and staff to handle their precious merchandise orders yet deny that the club needs more space to run a football club. We don’t even have a full scale women’s football operation yet.

Anyone who has been at Punt Road can see that there’s not a lot of useful ground for construction that we actually have access to.

What would be the point of a expensive upgrade if it wasn’t going to adequately service our space and operational requirements now AND in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back