2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how everyone whinged that the club didn’t have the infrastructure and staff to handle their precious merchandise orders yet deny that the club needs more space to run a football club. We don’t even have a full scale women’s football operation yet.

Anyone who has been at Punt Road can see that there’s not a lot of useful ground for construction that we actually have access to.

What would be the point of a expensive upgrade if it wasn’t going to adequately service our space and operational requirements now AND in the future.

There’s a nice bit of gravel behind the goals. Plenty of space for offices

There’s a nice bit of gravel behind the goals. Plenty of space for offices

Not just about offices there’s a hell of a lot that goes on in a footy club. That space alone is big enough to chuck in some small offices. Combine it with the space of JDS and all of a sudden you have the opportunity to take our club through the future and give it the facilities that the Southern Hemispheres largest sports club deserves

View attachment 516061

Heaps of space highlighted. Would be great to restore the old stand and retain that sense of history while adjoining it to a newer facility at the north end. Something could be developed in the south-east corner too.
The wedge where the scoreboard is no good for any type of construction, just not enough room for the cost. The northern end similar, which is why if you going to build the highlighted section, to get our monies worth, the JDS must go. We can incorporate design into the new structure.

just build a roof over punt rd oval and build new facilities on top of the roof

My proposal sees us tunnel under PRO and build three full size practice ovals underground with accompanying facilities. Build a 15 story car park on top of the train line as well. 25$ all day and $15 weekend flat rate we will make it back in no time

Several years ago the coach had to paint the walls and clean up possum s**t at the club on his days off, and we were a complete rabble. Zero money to invest in the club.

Now we have state of the art facilities and are functioning like a professional club, the outcome of which has meant results on field. The club needs to keep moving forward. Continue to invest. Create a world class facility that everyone wants to be a part of.

Replace the JDS with a bigger office space and a bigger stand on top and name it the Dyer-Cotchin-Martin-Mrs Hardwick Stand.

the club aint doing a lot to maintain / preserve the stand. There is a bench in the patrons area which has been broken since the start of the season (no back rail). the timber is still there.. still not repaired. writing on the wall.

Not just about offices there’s a hell of a lot that goes on in a footy club. That space alone is big enough to chuck in some small offices. Combine it with the space of JDS and all of a sudden you have the opportunity to take our club through the future and give it the facilities that the Southern Hemispheres largest sports club deserves

Put a grandstand with offices and a function room behind the goals. Clean up the old grandstand and a bit of structural repair and we have the best home in town. :D

We hardly get a crowd for reserves games so it's not like we need a bigger capacity
And I think 1 of the reasons for this is BC there is not much room. If we have more, they will come esp with the woman's teams coming. The simple fact is the new building is out of date for space, we need more than double to continue to grow, and remember this would be our LAST time we can upgrade the ground, so must future proof it enough.

Punt rd needs to be seen as part of a whole development link with richmond station.
It is a disgrace that we have that station like that, both parties need to pull thier finger out and bring the station and punt rd into a synchnonised sporting and transport hub. Need around 40 mill invested in the joint to be present in the 21st century. Bennie has made noises about this and I reckon with the right push it can get up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We hardly get a crowd for reserves games so it's not like we need a bigger capacity
We could lend it to Melbourne for their home games after the MCG is officially renamed the RFG (Richmond Football Ground).

Punt rd needs to be seen as part of a whole development link with richmond station.
It is a disgrace that we have that station like that, both parties need to pull thier finger out and bring the station and punt rd into a synchnonised sporting and transport hub. Need around 40 mill invested in the joint to be present in the 21st century. Bennie has made noises about this and I reckon with the right push it can get up

Agree 100 %.

Eventually something is going to get done at Richmond Station. We need to be part of it. With a bit of foresight and vision we might end up with something that sets us up long term as well as retaining our heritage. Or alternatively sees the pro turned into the new 3rd oval one day.

Arguments about Brunton Avenue are weak; it didn't stop them making the overpass at Etihad and it certainly didn't stop them starting the biggest infrastructure project since city link all over the cbd.

I would like to see a real long term vision for the club that involves the train station development rather than what amounts to cultural cringe because the jds is a bit run down.

I catch a train once a decade so the quality of the station doesn’t bother me :drunk:

When I worked for Metro I learnt the project name for the revamping of Richmond Station was "Project Tiger". And the plans looked pretty cool with a colour scheme and some artwork that looked very Tigerish. A yellow and black colour theme through the station and on the wall of the MCG exit it looked like it was Tiger striped

The wedge where the scoreboard is no good for any type of construction, just not enough room for the cost. The northern end similar, which is why if you going to build the highlighted section, to get our monies worth, the JDS must go. We can incorporate design into the new structure.
I presume that’s what will happen , will likely cost more to do it but we re a sentimental bunch and the JD facade will be built in

Several years ago the coach had to paint the walls and clean up possum s**t at the club on his days off, and we were a complete rabble. Zero money to invest in the club.

Now we have state of the art facilities and are functioning like a professional club, the outcome of which has meant results on field. The club needs to keep moving forward. Continue to invest. Create a world class facility that everyone wants to be a part of.

Replace the JDS with a bigger office space and a bigger stand on top and name it the Dyer-Cotchin-Martin-Mrs Hardwick Stand.
Now ya talkin , it’s a deal

When I worked for Metro I learnt the project name for the revamping of Richmond Station was "Project Tiger". And the plans looked pretty cool with a colour scheme and some artwork that looked very Tigerish. A yellow and black colour theme through the station and on the wall of the MCG exit it looked like it was Tiger striped
Would love it if this happened. Especially when all the Opposition supporters get on or off the train for a game. I personally always wanted a big screen T.V with a loud speaker outside Punt Rd oval. That way when we win it will be perfectly timed so that the T.V will be showing our players singing our club song as they a passing to go to the station.

that was 30 years ago and it still hasnt been revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back