2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website is showing that all reserved seat memberships are sold out.

Only memberships left other than General admission is Coterie Memberships with the 3121 sold out meaning they start at Inner Sanctum at $200 a month.

Does anyone know the layout of the MCG, as far as seats in each bay/ level or roughly how many reserved seat members that equates to?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I upgraded after moving to Vic this year, still waiting to hear what seats the family have been allocated

Only memberships left other than General admission is Coterie Memberships with the 3121 sold out meaning they start at Inner Sanctum at $200 a month.

Does anyone know the layout of the MCG, as far as seats in each bay/ level or roughly how many reserved seat members that equates to?

I'm wondering if they have actually sold every single seat or whether they are holding back in categories like mine (Premiership circle Ponsford) because they shifted away from reserved seats to reserved bays so they could sell guest passes to fill empty seats. If every seat is already sold then there's not much point changing the reserved seat system.

I'm wondering if they have actually sold every single seat or whether they are holding back in categories like mine (Premiership circle Ponsford) because they shifted away from reserved seats to reserved bays so they could sell guest passes to fill empty seats. If every seat is already sold then there's not much point changing the reserved seat system.

You have it backwards. PC can actually properly sell out now because its a reserved bay. Reserved seats meant many seats were unsold because they were singles mid bay, and most people want 2+ seats together.

Guest passes only are available in reserved sections for games where capacity wont be maxed. Club advise in advance, but games like opening, anzac eve, dreamtime nearly always advise no guest passes

You have it backwards. PC can actually properly sell out now because its a reserved bay. Reserved seats meant many seats were unsold because they were singles mid bay, and most people want 2+ seats together.

Guest passes only are available in reserved sections for games where capacity wont be maxed. Club advise in advance, but games like opening, anzac eve, dreamtime nearly always advise no guest passes

I get that but what I'm wondering is have they sold the equivalent number of memberships as there are seats in the PC sections? I was told by the club that they won't "oversell" guest passes on match day to ensure all PC members get a seat so how can they sell guest passes to a particular section if the number of PC members + guest passes will exceed the number of seats?

I get that but what I'm wondering is have they sold the equivalent number of memberships as there are seats in the PC sections? I was told by the club that they won't "oversell" guest passes on match day to ensure all PC members get a seat so how can they sell guest passes to a particular section if the number of PC members + guest passes will exceed the number of seats?

Same as 3121, they know many dont go to most games, and only sell a small number

Its why guest passes arent offered for popular games

i can easily see us being underwritten as an anchor tenant in a bigger stadium , using MCG for when we play the interstaters , it makes sense

i can easily see us being underwritten as an anchor tenant in a bigger stadium , using MCG for when we play the interstaters , it makes sense

Punt road being redeveloped into 200k mega stadium we will be using the g as our training ground and for vfl only

Ok will be interesting to see how well it works then. I think those areas will be a lot more heavily populated than past years if we have another good year.

You will be surprised

Most seasons game day attendance in reserved areas averages 50%. Even a big bump means a lot of unused seats

That was then , this Is now

We are not selling out every game

Reality will hit people soon enough after a few losses, and it will be back to normal

People talking 1.3m in attendances and 100k members are deluded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will be surprised

Most seasons game day attendance in reserved areas averages 50%. Even a big bump means a lot of unused seats

Yep. I’m in an area that is rarely full but I was a little concerned that next year there’s no actual seat allocation.
The guy said it works for 3121 and they have a fair idea how many come on a game by game basis. That said, as Bojangles points out, that was then.
My issue is that we’re a family of 6 so without seat allocation do I have to turn up really early so we can sit together? The guy, Callum (legend), explained that should be no problem and they have a good idea etc and in most cases I’ll be able to buy guest passes, except on the big days.
But I’m still a little concerned re Dreamtime, rd1 etc

Yep. I’m in an area that is rarely full but I was a little concerned that next year there’s no actual seat allocation.
The guy said it works for 3121 and they have a fair idea how many come on a game by game basis. That said, as Bojangles points out, that was then.
My issue is that we’re a family of 6 so without seat allocation do I have to turn up really early so we can sit together? The guy, Callum (legend), explained that should be no problem and they have a good idea etc and in most cases I’ll be able to buy guest passes, except on the big days.

So premiership circle Ponsford is now unallocated?

I'm not so sure about that, they are talking about the seats they got on facebook but it may vary for different sections.

Id only expect the squeeze in marque games, r1, Dreamtime , Anzac and perhaps if the pies and hawks are flying when we play them , all other games will be plenty of space . 40-50 still good crowd for interstate game only half fills the G though

This is already happening. All coterie groups members other than Rioli club get priority over your Gold members regardless. Even Rioli members are guaranteed, regardless of how long they've been members. The Dollar talks.
The only right a gold member has is to enter the ballot, and your chances of getting a ticket are virtually zero.

By the way if GWS was to make the GF you would be better off to buy a 3 game membership with them and enter their ballot. They don't have 17k members and you'd almost be guaranteed to get a ticket.
Inb4 GWS have more members than lolnorf

I’m a 17 year gold Member but this year I’ve taken up a MCC Tiger membership, which is $99 on top of my MCC fee. Am I still able to enter the ballot for finals/GF tickets? I am still a provisional member so don’t have access via the MCC for these events.

I’m a 17 year gold Member but this year I’ve taken up a MCC Tiger membership, which is $99 on top of my MCC fee. Am I still able to enter the ballot for finals/GF tickets? I am still a provisional member so don’t have access via the MCC for these events.

Yes. I am the same. I am a Gold Member of the Club and an MCC RFC Member. And a Full MCC member. You can enter the ballot. I received a ticket under the ballot, which I then on sold at cost to a deserving Tiger.

Haere Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back