2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Reid, Jamie Elliot and Ax Fasolo all good marks.

If Treloar kicks with more penetration he'll improve SC scoring wise
lets hope Collingwood aren't relying on Fasolo and Elliot for contested marks.

Danger dusty titch Kelly zorko rocky + rookies.
Going hard in the mids.
Holes elsewhere....
No risk approach this year on mids for me.
Out right guns and rookies.
I will take my risks on other lines.

Just not sure about this buttox. A lot of unknowns surround Rocky, injury, new club etc..Could pay off handsomely though.

Oliver is such a tool. Punchable head, sized up a supporter, dives and insulted one of the great in Martyn. No thanks.
Who cares. Can play football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the unknowns?
Can he play a full season? What role does he play at Port? I like Rocky’s price, just a little concerned as to whether points will be spread a bit further at Port than they were at Brisbane.

Can he play a full season? What role does he play at Port? I like Rocky’s price, just a little concerned as to whether points will be spread a bit further at Port than they were at Brisbane.

Brisbane had a far far far far far far far better SC midfield than port.

Miles better

Anyone going to jump on the Bont rollercoaster for a mad ride with possibly no brakes?

Not until i know the Doggies won't sit him up forward.
A bulldogs supporter said it best, ''If Redpath, Schache & co can kick 40+ goals each then we won't need to sit Bont fwd,
if not then we might need him there at times''

It could be a trap, Bont might start on fire again then mid season if the Dogs are still having trouble converting goals..

When the Doggies get their forward line settled will be the time to pick him.

Not until i know the Doggies won't sit him up forward.
A bulldogs supporter said it best, ''If Redpath, Schache & co can kick 40+ goals each then we won't need to sit Bont fwd,
if not then we might need him there at times''

It could be a trap, Bont might start on fire again then mid season if the Dogs are still having trouble converting goals..

When the Doggies get their forward line settled will be the time to pick him.
Sounds like Bont will play forward then LOL

He had a few freakish performances as a fill in FF last year (like against us). That won't happen with the same frequency again. As good as he is as a Forward (and don't get me wrong he is very good), he will never score at a rate of 130 ppg when he's playing inside the forward 50. Buddy can't do it on a sustained basis, no way Danger does especially as opposition coaches start planning how to counter.

The higher percentage of time spent forward, the more his average will fall.

The reason Buddy can't do it is cause his marking. Danger's speed, size, leap, and marks fully out stretched is why he can

The reason Buddy can't do it is cause his marking. Danger's speed, size, leap, and marks fully out stretched is why he can
I don’t think Danger will score anywhere near as well forward. He dominated this year, but that’s cos it was sprung on everyone in a matter of weeks.

Now teams have a full preseason to fully respect and plan for it. He’ll still dominate, but the games like he had vs Hawthorn and Sydney in the finals will be only 3 or 4 times a year I think.

As part of my strategy to try and stay ahead of the curve (or perhaps a mile behind it) does anyone think a 7 premium midfield could work out? Originally I thought my 6 premium midfield may be top heavy but it seems at this early stage that nearly every man and his dog are going with 6 premiums. Right now I've got Coniglio as mid 7 and I "don't hate" the rest of my team :huh:

As part of my strategy to try and stay ahead of the curve (or perhaps a mile behind it) does anyone think a 7 premium midfield could work out? Originally I thought my 6 premium midfield may be top heavy but it seems at this early stage that nearly every man and his dog are going with 6 premiums. Right now I've got Coniglio as mid 7 and I "don't hate" the rest of my team :huh:

It could work if we get a few decent forward and defensive rookies. But if they’re scoring 55’s onfield and you’ve to gun midfield rookies scoring 80 sitting on the bench it’ll hurt you in the long run.

Too early to tell at this stage though, so I don’t see any harm in trialling it.

It could work if we get a few decent forward and defensive rookies. But if they’re scoring 55’s onfield and you’ve to gun midfield rookies scoring 80 sitting on the bench it’ll hurt you in the long run.

Too early to tell at this stage though, so I don’t see any harm in trialling it.
Yeah I think ill probably revert back to a 5-6 premium midfield once the JLT starts and the mid rookies start to emerge. I think I started with a 7 gun midfield a few years ago and it didn't work so well but that was mainly due to poor selections in other areas. At this stage of the year its cool to experiment with different structures I guess but come round 1 ill probably have a more conventional structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back