2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually have no fn idea which premos too take in the FWD line.

All the premos or potential breakout players have had interrupted pre seasons.

This is why I am seriously considering Sicily.
I like Heeney. Haven't seen enough from Sicily to really make that call.
Maybe safe bets like Buddy is where its at. Pay up front for the Security and the Roller Coaster.

I like Heeney. Haven't seen enough from Sicily to really make that call.
Maybe safe bets like Buddy is where its at. Pay up front for the Security and the Roller Coaster.

Heeney has been injured as well hasnt it?

Sicily is a big risk but looks to be playing down back again and if so I am expecting a 95+ avg.

And yeah buddy is just too inconsistent these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty had 13 scores of 118 or more, and 2 150s in finals.
8/13 of those H&A season scores were 130+

He's the second best captain option by a mile.

And like Danger who only dropped last year due to Roughy cracking his ribs, Dusty only dropped due to a groin injury.

And on top of that he's as durable as they come.

But yeah, no upside to picking the best player in the comp...

Danger averaged 130, then went even better the next year, so why can't Dusty go even better than 119?

Why cant he regress? That was an insane year.

Whether someone is best player in comp or not doesn't tell us about upside, it's price to total points earned during year. I start people that are attractive due to pricing, and then bring in the guys who werent bargains (eg Dusty, Titch) later after they drop. Remember that SC inflates starting prices 6%.

I'm tending to this line of thinking too .....i have both Mitchell & Danger .....plus Fyfe

But I am expecting Dusty to drop maybe $50K, but still score strongly, just not to his price .......I'm thinking Dusty to M.Crouch or Neal ?

I'll definitely look to upgrade back to Dusty
MCrouch had some nuts finish to last year, averaged 120 post bye iirc. Could be massive upside. Especially if he can up his DE like club says.

Last edited:
Cyril Rioli is one who im thinking about.

Will probs make 100k at least but is that enough when you have to trade him out?

I am thinking not.

Depends, 100k is probably about the value of a trade. But if you factor in a smart trade eg skipping the bye for that slot in your team, and upgrading to someone who are undervalued due to short term price dip, think you can come out nicely ahead.

Why cant he regress? That was an insane year.

Whether someone is best player in comp or not doesn't tell us about upside, it's price to total points earned during year. I start people that are attractive due to pricing, and then bring in the guys who werent bargains (eg Dusty, Titch) later after they drop. Remember that SC inflates starting prices 6%.

He could. But to say he has no upside is wrong, there are plenty of aspects he can improve on.

TMitch spent half of the season over 600k last year, it's gonna take at least 2 trades of 2 very well performed rookies, to get him in, are two trades less valuable than 50k of your starting salary?

He could. But to say he has no upside is wrong, there are plenty of aspects he can improve on.

TMitch spent half of the season over 600k last year, it's gonna take at least 2 trades of 2 very well performed rookies, to get him in, are two trades less valuable than 50k of your starting salary?

This is not the whole equation tho, because the money you saved earnt you more points elsewhere. Or looked at another way, your 10 mil team val got closer to 14 mil by starting a value pick instead of paying somewhat overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back