2018 MLB Season

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s always at nationally televised games during the regular season and always goes to the biggest postseason games (all the games in the current Brewers/Dodgers series, in Milwaukee and LA) and nearly all World Series games every year. No matter what stadium or how big the game is he sits behind home plate. From his own Wikipedia page “In a 2017 interview, Leavy said he had attended 27 Super Bowls, 94 World Series games, 90 NBA Finals games, and "hundreds and hundreds of basketball and baseball playoffs games" to date.”

In 2016 there was something about Cleveland fans giving him s**t at a regular season game and he decided not to go to the World Series games in Cleveland. What a year to miss a World Series game.

The woman sitting next to him is a Brewers super fan and the man next to him in the M&M jacket is a White Sox super fan. You always see them behind home plate. What better way to spend money if you’re super rich?

The guy is Laurence Leavy more known as "Marlin Man"

You can find his twitter here : https://twitter.com/Marlins_Man?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Cult figure.

Hope I am wrong, but cant see this World series being much of a contest and any games over game 4 is a bonus.

Boston have been so far ahead of everyone this year that once they won the divisional series against the Yankees they haven't have to get out of a canter to win it.

Like to see LA win it, but Red Sox in 4 or 5 games for me.

Hope I am wrong, but cant see this World series being much of a contest and any games over game 4 is a bonus.

Boston have been so far ahead of everyone this year that once they won the divisional series against the Yankees they haven't have to get out of a canter to win it.

Like to see LA win it, but Red Sox in 4 or 5 games for me.
Um Houston were banged up and played s**t in the ALCS (all pitchers had their worst outings) and all the luck/little things seemed to go the Red Sox way. AL West was arguably the toughest division in baseball this season (only the Rangers won fewer than 80 games), Astros done very well to win it considering the injuries to Altuve, Correa, Springer, McCullers and Morton late in the season.

Boston 108, Houston 103, Yanks 100. Sox and Yanks had the benefit of playing the Orioles a lot who won only 47 games.

Really no respect at all for the defending champs lol. Altuve was playing on one leg, Springer with an injured wrist/hand, Correa back, Morton shoulder and McCullers elbow all playing injured during the playoffs.

Astros 263 run diff, Sox 229.

THE RED SOX CLEARLY OUTPLAYED AND OUT MANAGED THE ASTROS IN THE ALCS AND DESERVED TO WIN. The gap between the 2 teams really isn't as big as the ALCS suggests though.

Last edited:

I guess Angel Hernandez will be suing again for discrimination lol.

And is Fieldin Culbreth not just the greatest Baseball umpiring name ever?

Not sure if its a huge signing. A lot of time for them to prove themselves before getting MLB

I get so. They could very well bust at this level. Time will certainly tell.

Um Houston were banged up and played s**t in the ALCS (all pitchers had their worst outings) and all the luck/little things seemed to go the Red Sox way.

That's sort of my point, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs don't get banged up, they have the budgets to be able to have unbelievable depth that other teams cant compete against.

Even though we where 3-1 up against the Cubs a couple of years ago, I knew we were in trouble having to bring pitchers back on shorter rest and not having the depth the Cubs had, they always had that series in control, we where hoping the unpredictability of baseball would give us a win in game 5, 6 or 7 and it just never happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's sort of my point, Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs don't get banged up, they have the budgets to be able to have unbelievable depth that other teams cant compete against.

Even though we where 3-1 up against the Cubs a couple of years ago, I knew we were in trouble having to bring pitchers back on shorter rest and not having the depth the Cubs had, they always had that series in control, we where hoping the unpredictability of baseball would give us a win in game 5, 6 or 7 and it just never happened.
It's a bit like the EPL really. Such differential in spending will almost always win out.

Astros have great depth as well. 3 of your best hitters and 2 of your best pitchers playing hurt would impact any team. All have 25 man rosters in the playoffs

Astros have great depth as well. 3 of your best hitters and 2 of your best pitchers playing hurt would impact any team. All have 25 man rosters in the playoffs

But the output expected by those injured players is the difference.

But the output expected by those injured players is the difference.
3 of JD Mart, Betts, Bogaerts and Benintendi along with 2 of Price, Porcello, Eovaldi and E-Rod hobbling around would've done the same to them, need luck in the playoffs

3 of JD Mart, Betts, Bogaerts and Benintendi along with 2 of Price, Porcello, Eovaldi and E-Rod hobbling around would've done the same to them, need luck in the playoffs

And I guess the Yankees and Red Sox are just more lucky.

Astros were lucky last season to be healthy during the playoffs. This season Judge wouldn't have been at 100% in the playoffs

Your not understanding what I am saying.

Yes all teams get lucky, but the Astros are 1 maybe 2 times out of ten lucky.

Yankees and Red Sox are 5 maybe 6 times out of ten lucky.

Thats the difference between MLB and EPL, luck in the MLB can at least deliver you one championship.

Your not understanding what I am saying.

Yes all teams get lucky, but the Astros are 1 maybe 2 times out of ten lucky.

Yankees and Red Sox are 5 maybe 6 times out of ten lucky.

Thats the difference between MLB and EPL, luck in the MLB can at least deliver you one championship.

Premier League is definitely worse. Pretty hard for all the big clubs to * it up with no playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back