2018 MLB Season

And yet another day sitting at home on a sunny afternoon and watching the baseball, just like I used to do when I lived in Chicago. Pass me a hot dog, please. Mustard only. :p

Damn. The Dodgers better drag this out for a couple more games. What is there to watch until footy and baseball next year? And please don't suggest cricket. Really? Cricket? Go Bears? Go Blackhawks? Go Bulls? ;)

I was hoping I was wrong with my pre series prediction, but this series has fizzled out to nothing.

Hope we get a 10 run bottom of the 8th by LA and we can go back to Boston;)

According to Dave Roberts, Rich Hill said prior to the start of the seventh inning he was beginning to tire. Hill is 38 years old so he isn't a spring chicken any more. The problem for the Dodgers was that their bullpen stunk it up, starting with Alexander giving up a four-pitch walk (which promptly resulted in him being pulled for Madson) and then Madson allowing the runners he inherited to score thanks to Moreland's home run.

I posted at the time that Hill was starting to spray his pitches when he walked Bogaerts on six pitches to open the innings. He struck out Nunez but obviously Roberts thought he was done.

Yeah but asking Jansen to pitch two innings two days in a row, Madson’s problems.

I'll bet that Chris Sale is happy he's not with the White Sox any more. :D

Congratulations Boston.

Red Sox Nation: yay!
Rest of baseball: meh

Last edited:
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Wonder if Boston can go the Grand Slam?

Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Bruins don't have the cattle this year. Will be a good team but probably not a cup contender.

Celtics a real good team. Probably a solid chance but with that golden state team in the way its unlikely.

Pats I'll never write them off.

It is pretty crazy the regularity that the sox manage to win a trophy every 3-4 years, after such an insane drought. An expensive team this year but actually a pretty likeable one aswell. I feel like everyone sort of enjoyed Machado looking like a fool this series, even if it meant the Sox winning the thing.

Last edited:
This might be a long shot, but hey...
I went online to the MLB store after game 5 today and tried to order a World Series cap and tee.
MLB ships to Yemen it ships to antarctica (yes it really does), but there is no Australia option on the drop down menu.
a mate suggested I go to the Fanatics website (not the annoying tennis fans), but it has a very limited amount of stock for sale.
Can anyone help?

Damn. The Dodgers better drag this out for a couple more games. What is there to watch until footy and baseball next year? And please don't suggest cricket. Really? Cricket? Go Bears? Go Blackhawks? Go Bulls? ;)
And I had enjoyed that brief, wonderful moment in time, where all four major American sports are being played all at once.

... and with that, whoosh, it's gone... :(

Back