2018 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

It sounds like they've been lulled into a false sense of security. Like when I'm always super careful with preparation for something and then that one time I get lazy and decide bugger it, she'll be right and I cut corners, it always manages to bite me on the arse.

Hate teams been lazy at the top level of any sports

What a win by George, great to see.

So Ducati finally give Jorge the tank modification he has asked for since the pre-season test at Thailand and bingo, he wins. And now they're losing him back to Yamaha.

So Ducati finally give Jorge the tank modification he has asked for since the pre-season test at Thailand and bingo, he wins. And now they're losing him back to Yamaha.
I was thinking that during the last few laps.

Should of just listened to him in the 1st place

It's amazing that this is still an issue with manufacturers. You'd reckon they'd have realised they need to listen to their riders by now. It's not like they haven't had heaps of examples in recent years of struggling from ignoring feedback. Hell, Casey is involved at Ducati right now and the whole reason he left in the first place was because Ducati didn't listen to what he needed!!

Dani Pedrosa has been officially announced as leaving Repsol Honda. The rumour mill has gone into overdrive with talk of Joan Mir replacing him at Honda, Lorenzo to a PETRONAS sponsored Yamaha satellite team and Dani to Suzuki but these rumours seem to change minute by minute that you can't really take any of them too seriously. Either way, the rider shakeup continues.

The internet is lighting up with reports Lorenzo has signed a two year deal with Repsol Honda. I can't see this working out well for him except for his bank balance. I can't see why Honda would want to do it either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Petrucci has apparently signed on to replace Lorenzo on the factory Duc for the next two years. Miller will partner Bagnaia at Pramac.

The internet is lighting up with reports Lorenzo has signed a two year deal with Repsol Honda. I can't see this working out well for him except for his bank balance. I can't see why Honda would want to do it either.
Spanish superstar lineup, you can easily see why Repsol would

I guess so. Maybe also for bike development? But there's a strong chance for friction and unlikely adaption for Lorenzo. With Marquez largely expected to move on at his next contract, this would have been a perfect opportunity for them to get a head start with their next star with plenty of Spanish options available. Joan Mir, Xavi Vierge, even take a flyer on Jorge Martin straight out of Moto3.

Will be interesting to see how this works out.

As im not really up with the little riding differences required on different bikes, will the Honda actually suit George or is he just jumping at a factory ride ??

As im not really up with the little riding differences required on different bikes, will the Honda actually suit George or is he just jumping at a factory ride ??

On the face of things the Honda isn't a bike that will suit Lorenzo. It is designed around Marquez ragged style which is at odds with Lorenzo's precise, metronomic technique. It appears that he is leaving in similar circumstances to Casey's move to Honda after feeling disrespected by the hierarchy. Heading to Honda is merely the best option available. Suzuki is spoken for, Mir is already signed and the Yamaha satellite team is currently no more than a proposal at the moment.

Klyntonius would like to see Jorge Martin do moto2 first

Yeah, probably. Though if he's seen as similar talent to Mir and deemed physically and mentally mature enough then I've no problem skipping a one-and-done Moto2 stopover. I think it was Nakagami recently said he felt Moto2 offered no benefit to stepping up to MotoGP.

Yeah, probably. Though if he's seen as similar talent to Mir and deemed physically and mentally mature enough then I've no problem skipping a one-and-done Moto2 stopover. I think it was Nakagami recently said he felt Moto2 offered no benefit to stepping up to MotoGP.

I think they should do moto2 for a year at least given how many young guys have failed in MotoGP and they were standouts at junior levels

I don't think it's really a problem. Miller is the only one to skip Moto2 and he's turning out fine. Who are the failed standout juniors you're referring to?

I reckon guys who are bigger in stature can probably make the leap,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back