Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I don't think we will see that type of race like we seen on sunday again for a while

175 overtakes. To put that into perspective, there were 435 overtakes for the entirety of last year's F1 season. Certainly not likely to see that again any time soon.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Retirement

I honestly have no idea which way he'll go. Is his recent uncompetitiveness so soul destroying that he decides he's had enough or is it that waiting for the new Yamaha satellite team to get organised for him to sign just been distracting him from his performance. It's a well concealed secret at the moment.

I hope he goes on. Have wanted to see him on a Yamaha for years and he showed good form to start the season but was mostly rewarded with ill-fortune. I think there's still a bit left to give.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Reckon his body has finally given in, it has taken a pounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Still seems to be moving ok ;)

That's magnificent! Shows his personality when he's largely regarded as quite dour.
Also, his injuries aren't a problem when he's upright. The issue is if he had two left feet like me and fell over there, he probably wouldn't get back up! :D

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I often wonder which of today's guys could have handled the firebreathing 500s of the 80s and 90s. Rossi obviously, Marquez probably and Stoner and Lorenzo too. But who else ?? Cal maybe ... reckon Dani wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons due to injury

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I often wonder which of today's guys could have handled the firebreathing 500s of the 80s and 90s. Rossi obviously, Marquez probably and Stoner and Lorenzo too. But who else ?? Cal maybe ... reckon Dani wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons due to injury

They are all the top talents of today, the equivalent of the stars from any other era. They'd adapt and be fine. Of course, if they were asked to race on them next weekend there would be carnage!

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Franco Morbidelli, declared fit to race this weekend, has pulled out of the weekend due to excessive pain. He has been replaced by Stefan Bradl. Bradl finished FP2 impressively less than 1.6 seconds behind pace setter Jorge Lorenzo (and only .15 behind Pedrosa).