2018 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

**** that was good! That's how races should be, a slow burn. We didn't know that was going to happen. On another day the was it was going, Marquez could very well have extended his lead, Dovi would've dropped off, and It would've been a procession. That's fine, you get over it and move on. It also wouldn't have been a surprise had Dovi got passed Lorenzo, like it was looking it could've, and carry on to win. But that didn't happen as well!

It's what shits me about F1. It should be a slow burn as well. But they're to interested in catering for fair weather fans and media who have to be constantly stimulated all the time. In MotoGP, little aero influence, no mandatory pitstops, no mandatory use of multiple compound of tyres. Just go by th capability of the bike, your intuition and skills, and let's see what happens!

It doesn't matter. As someone who stands just before the braking for t3 at Albert Park, I like that I can stand there without ear plugs and not have my ear drums destroyed.

Anyway, the MotoGP is on at 10pm?
Nothing beats the noise the old V12 Ferrari made in the mid 90s..... before it exploded.

It doesn't matter. As someone who stands just before the braking for t3 at Albert Park, I like that I can stand there without ear plugs and not have my ear drums destroyed.

Anyway, the MotoGP is on at 10pm?

You get the best of both worlds then - better (more interesting) sound at a lower level.
I don't think we'll ever hear a better noise than the old 990s though. V5s, V4s, inline 4s, big bang crossplane 4s, twin pulse 4s and triples. What a time to be alive!
Actually, the old MVs and Hondas from the Ago era were pretty phenomenal too.

And yes, 10 o'clock on Sunday with Moto2 to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A crazy FP4. It bucketed with rain late in the session and basically flooded at Stowe corner. The problem was, the straight leading to it was only damp so riders were coming in blind and at least six riders either crashed or ran off, to the point that Alex Rins actually leapt off his bike prior to the corner. Even worse than that, Tito Rabat crashed, got up and was walking to the fence only to be skittled by his teammates crashing bike and he appears to be pretty badly injured.

Both Bradley Smith and Cal Crutchlow complained of inches of standing water from this one brief downpour. This bodes very badly for the race with heavy rain forecast.

Q2 delayed due to Helo being used to transport Rabat. It's a blanket FIM rule that there must always be a Medevac helo ready to fly on the helipad during international sessions.

EDIT: ^^Wizard

With heavy rainfall forecast at noon, the MotoGP race has been brought forward and will start at 8:30 our time tonight in hopes of avoiding the weather. Mark it down!

Also, it has been confirmed that Rabat has busted all of his femur, tib and fib on his right leg with reports of an open wound and severed artery as well which would explain why it took them a good twenty minutes or more to load him into the meat wagon. That's going to be a long and arduous recovery. Best of luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back