2018 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Today marks 7 years since Marco Simoncelli passed away. :(

I still remember watching the race and seeing the accident, the helmet rolling away and just knowing straight away it wasn't going to be a good outcome.

RIP Marco 'Super Sic 58' Simoncelli

I still remember watching the race and seeing the accident, the helmet rolling away and just knowing straight away it wasn't going to be a good outcome.

Just a horrible, horrible day. :(

In better news, Lorenzo will be replaced at Phillip Island by Alvaro Bautista. And Bautista's replacement? None other than Mad Mike Jones. Yes, we'll have two Aussies on the MotoGP grid this weekend!

In better news, Lorenzo will be replaced at Phillip Island by Alvaro Bautista. And Bautista's replacement? None other than Mad Mike Jones. Yes, we'll have two Aussies on the MotoGP grid this weekend!
What's his go ?? Hes stepped in there before, does he have ties with the team ??

What's his go ?? Hes stepped in there before, does he have ties with the team ??

When he got his go a couple of years ago in pretty sure he was the reigning Aus Superbike champion, was the best young prospect in the country and probably most of all, was racing for the Ducati team run by Troy Bayliss.
This time around he's best available as a local with MotoGP experience who proved to have a good head on his shoulders and delivered strong results.

So I read up re the moto 2 French winner being red carded. Still don’t understand the low air in tire stuff. How is it an advantage or unfair ?????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They failed scrutineering is basically what it comes down to. Just as a rider (Domi Aegerter?) was stripped of a win last year for illegal/abnormal oil, Quartararo's bike fell outside of regulations.
They have a pressure range they are allowed to use with a minimum on safety grounds after there were tire failures because teams ran the pressure was too low.
People are complaining that the penalty is too tough given they were only out by 0.3psi but they just decided to push the envelope and overstepped and now they suffer the consequences like anyone else does in professional motor racing series.

When he got his go a couple of years ago in pretty sure he was the reigning Aus Superbike champion, was the best young prospect in the country and probably most of all, was racing for the Ducati team run by Troy Bayliss.
This time around he's best available as a local with MotoGP experience who proved to have a good head on his shoulders and delivered strong results.[/.

Good luck to him . Hope he’s been practicing on a tz 500 . Go well .

Been racing Spanish Superstock 1000 on a ZX-10R this year, ironically, racing against Christophe Ponsson who was ridiculed for his own fill in ride in MotoGP earlier this year.

Another Aussie added to the lineup with former MotoGP, World Superstock and current ASBK rider, Bryan Staring, signing on to be Remy Gardner's teammate for a weekend, replacing Bo Bendsnyder who busted his leg at last weekend's Japanese GP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They failed scrutineering is basically what it comes down to. Just as a rider (Domi Aegerter?) was stripped of a win last year for illegal/abnormal oil, Quartararo's bike fell outside of regulations.
They have a pressure range they are allowed to use with a minimum on safety grounds after there were tire failures because teams ran the pressure was too low.
People are complaining that the penalty is too tough given they were only out by 0.3psi but they just decided to push the envelope and overstepped and now they suffer the consequences like anyone else does in professional motor racing series.

So deflating ur tire can be an advantage ??? But with safety issues ??? Or no advantage and just had a low air just like us driving our cars with 15 in all tires . Sorry to harp on this .

So deflating ur tire can be an advantage ??? But with safety issues ??? Or no advantage and just had a low air just like us driving our cars with 15 in all tires . Sorry to harp on this .

I'm no race engineer or tire tech but my assumption is that lower pressure sees the tire squash more giving a larger contact patch and resulted in greater grip.
Certainly when I did track days the recommended tire pressure are much lower than on the road.

They had issues a couple of years ago with under inflated tires. I think it was Petrucci had one let go in testing at Sepang. Scott Redding had one explode, I think in Argentina, for the same reason and Cal Crutchlow hates him still to this day for it.

Pretty sure there have been issues in Moto2 as well so now they have a mandated pressure range.

I'm no race engineer or tire tech but my assumption is that lower pressure sees the tire squash more giving a larger contact patch and resulted in greater grip.
Certainly when I did track days the recommended tire pressure are much lower than on the road.

They had issues a couple of years ago with under inflated tires. I think it was Petrucci had one let go in testing at Sepang. Scott Redding had one explode, I think in Argentina, for the same reason and Cal Crutchlow hates him still to this day for it.

Pretty sure there have been issues in Moto2 as well so now they have a mandated pressure range.

Thanks K. Your knowledge and updates are magnificent

:(

Just horrible to witness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back