MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't LT lift his elbow (Buddy like)?

They look pretty similar to me. I think they are both fair contests tho.

No I just looked at it again.

Hodge fumbles then runs past the ball and looks at Heppell before smashing him. Or sees Heppell coming shits himself, drops the ball then realises its Heppell and smashes him to save a bit of face. Whatever he loses the ball has eyes on heppell and lines him up. Its almost the opposite of what JY did. I'm pretty sure LT had the ball in his possession last year when he made contact with the Carlton reserves guy - the vid isn't that far back upthread if you want to check.

I think Hodge gets him high with the shoulder or forearm too. Look at the footage from the other side of the contest. But to be fair he could just be protecting himself.

But he elected to engage the player not follow the ball imo.

Dusty was getting very angry yesterday....that yoga or whatever he was doing must be losing it's effect. But umpires can bring anyone down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cant have our so called superstars being rubbed out for misdemeanors but other puppets can be.

*Shakes head*

Spot on sb.

Tribunal penalties are weighted against the ratings.

We cant have our so called superstars being rubbed out for misdemeanors but other puppets can be.

*Shakes head*
Yep pretty much.

Well I can only hope the 'people' can create a lynch mob and get AFL to jump in. They're already up in arms about him getting off on SEN.

But it won't happen....it's another one of their protected species.

This umpire contact is a load of crap.
Something that wasn't an issue has been made in to an issue and like always they've made a mess out of it.
This so true. Hawkins was an aggressive slap away and deserved what it got. Dusty having a conversation and then demonstrating what he was saying is completely different. The report should lie solely with the umpire in question. If they feel threatened in anyway they can lay the report. If they are comfortable with the contact made have a quiet word in the players ear but should be play on.

This umpire contact is a load of crap.
Something that wasn't an issue has been made in to an issue and like always they've made a mess out of it.
This so true. Hawkins was an aggressive slap away and deserved what it got. Dusty having a conversation and then demonstrating what he was saying is completely different. The report should lie solely with the umpire in question. If they feel threatened in anyway they can lay the report. If they are comfortable with the contact made have a quiet word in the players ear but should be play on.
I agree KT but to take all the 'grey areas' out of it just ban any player for touching an umpire if it's not accidental.

1 week minimum and then work it upwards from there depending on severity. Solves any criticism from media commentators, supporters, clubs and players.

Simple black and white stuff - if you touch an umpire, you will get weeks.

I agree KT but to take all the 'grey areas' out of it just ban any player for touching an umpire if it's not accidental.

1 week minimum and then work it upwards from there depending on severity. Solves any criticism from media commentators, supporters, clubs and players.

Dusty did not deserve a week off for what he did. Having umpired a lot I completely understand protecting them and giving an example to young players but suspending players for contact like that just separates them and players too much.

The best was to protect the umps is to call out all the bullshit accusations on Bigfooty and try to educate the ignorant!

Why are we in such a rush to suspend players all the time?
If a player touches an ump in a malicious way, then suspend them. If it’s anything other than that just move on.

I’ll say it again, it wasn’t an issue but somehow we’ve made it one.

Dusty did not deserve a week off for what he did. Having umpired a lot I completely understand protecting them and giving an example to young players but suspending players for contact like that just separates them and players too much.

The best was to protect the umps is to call out all the bullshit accusations on Bigfooty and try to educate the ignorant!
Why are we in such a rush to suspend players all the time?
If a player touches an ump in a malicious way, then suspend them. If it’s anything other than that just move on.

I’ll say it again, it wasn’t an issue but somehow we’ve made it one.
I think the reason we have these conversation re: the joke that is MRP is because the rules are bent and distorted to suit the AFL's agenda (i.e Brownlow results - Mitchell's elbow on Goldy, marque games - Cotchin's hit on Shiel last year and so on) all I'm saying is to avoid this process being abused just make the penalty black and white. It's not rocket science..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back