MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also undeniable that his hands were out to protect himself on the way down. Anyway, the AFL will argue for four weeks, he argues for two and he'll get three.

He lets go when he is horizontal and on his way down, he might have been better positioned if he'd let go earlier or not held his arm in the first place.

Its a s**t tackle but I reckon the one on Brown was worse - both arms pinned as opposed to none when Gray hits the ground for a start - and it only cost Grundy 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problems with Jones being reported, but I suspect that a lot of players would not have been reported for either of those brain snaps. How many times have we seen Fyfe, Buddy and others who are crowd pleasers or AFL favourites get away with those kind of things? Sean Higgins is taken out by a deliberate charge that resulted in a facial injury, but the AFL excuses it with barely a shrug.

If they are serious, they rate every head knock that came as a result of a decision taken by a player (as opposed to genuine accidents), and every punch without exception as reportable. Picking and choosing, and highlighting the "bad guys" on their own web site while making bull s**t excuses for their "good guys" is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back