2018 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Foals have made lots of bad songs. Basically all of Holy Fire and What Went Down.

Amazing how they had a pretty fresh sound ten years ago and were experimenting with stuff like A Song For You, Gold Gold Gold, A Sketch for ESG and all those interesting b-sides and now they’re playing utensil rock guitar music with ‘anthemic’ choruses. It’s so bland and just lame. Doing it once was bad enough but the fact they’ve stayed in one direction, let alone a crappy one like this, is pretty disappointing.

I used to be a big fan and in five years I’ve just cut them off basically.

It’s an unpopular opinion but there you go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very unpopular I think, I prefer those 2 albums over their older ones but I still do like their older stuff but if they were going to make it as a bigge brand they had to refine their sound. Still very good live aswell with their energy showing a bit better than it does with the actual albums.

The songs Inhaler and What Went Down are their 2 best songs imo and are of those last 2 albums so ehh

I remember listening to Inhaler and the funk was alright then comes the chorus or explosion and there’s this screaming and just... distortion. It seemed really just lame and didn’t seem to sit right with me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very unpopular I think, I prefer those 2 albums over their older ones but I still do like their older stuff but if they were going to make it as a bigge brand they had to refine their sound. Still very good live aswell with their energy showing a bit better than it does with the actual albums.

The songs Inhaler and What Went Down are their 2 best songs imo and are of those last 2 albums so ehh
They're a talented band for sure. But I reckon they smoothed away all the edges that were present on their first two albums to the point where it became uninteresting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back