2018 Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousin Tony's Brand New Firebird's debut album is really impressive. Such a cool sound.

Maybe it was the fact that they released half of the album as singles, but Superorganism's debut isn't doing much for me. I think in creating such an immediately-identifiable and unique sound for themselves, they also kind of limited themselves. For such a weird sound, there's not really much exploration. The closer is a good tune though.

Camp Cope's second album is also a bit disappointing. Sounds exactly like their first, but more dull. Was going to catch their gig with Chastity Belt in a few weeks, but might give it a miss now. I'll probably give the album a few more listens, but yeah, just really can't see what separates it from their first, other than the fact that it's more boring.

OK, so it's not new music, but this is nuts.

Chris Ott (ex-Pitchfork writer and co-founder) is uploading his awesome new video essays again, and in one of them he's wearing a Geelong Cats beanie.

I know it can't be that uncommon but it freaks me out when foreign figures in completely different occupations follow AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back