2018 Music

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Yves Tumor's album is really, really good. 24 hours ago barely knew anything about him, but now... definitely in the running for AOTY. Mix of R&B, noise, drone, ambient techno... it's all over the place, but brilliant nonetheless.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon

Loving this.

d96.jpg

New Cloud Nothings Album today. Yay.
What are your thoughts on it? Won't get a chance to listen until tomorrow, but want to know whether I should prioritise it. Their last album kinda sucked, but the singles have been promising without sounding too much like Attack On Memory and Here and Nowhere Else.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
What are your thoughts on it? Won't get a chance to listen until tomorrow, but want to know whether I should prioritise it. Their last album kinda sucked, but the singles have been promising without sounding too much like Attack On Memory and Here and Nowhere Else.
Ive only listened to half but its a return to the real Cloud Nothings, not that crap that was the last album. I like it so far.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Just made a list today. (In no particular order) I have really enjoyed these albums:

Harakiri for the sky - Arson
Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Corrosion of conformity - No cross no crown
Band Maid - World Domination
Ripe - Joy in the wild unknown
Kalmah - Palo
No Mono - Islands Part 1
Sevendust - All i See is War
Rufus Du Sol - Solace
The Night Flight Orchestra - Sometimes the world aint enough
Pagan - Black Wash
Amorphis - Queen of Time
The Bamboos - Night Time People
Wolfheart - Constellation of the black light
Primal Fear - Apocalypse
Jinjer - Cloud Factory
Behemoth - I loved you at your darkest
Graveyard - Peace
Orange Goblin - The wolf bites back
Greta van fleet - Anthem of the peaceful army
This will destroy you - New others (parts 1 & 2)
Clutch - Book of bad decisions
Portal - Ion
High Tension - Purge
Voivod - The wake
At The Gates - To drink from the night itself
Primordial - Exile amongst the ruins

Albums that either fell well short of my expectations and/or albums that i really did not like

Skindred - Big Tings
Amaranthe - Helix
Machine Head - Catharsis
Ministry - Amerikkant
Anvil - Pounding the Pavement

Eagerly anticipating:

Sumeru - Summon Destroyer
Psycroptic - As the Kingdom drowns
Architects - Holy Hell
Metal Church - Damned if you do
Within Temptation - Resist

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The August 12" from Yaporigami, haven't been this obsessed with a single since One Kiss (remixes EP).

Nice evolution for Yu, sushlush.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Yesterday was a pretty incredible day for releases.

The new Robyn is an absolute gem. But you also have things like Daughters, Julia Holter, Thom Yorke, the Gang of Youths live, Soap&Skin, reportedly a surprisingly good return from the Black Eyed Peas, etc.

Been sitting on this Julia Holter album for a week now. Have to say it's pretty special. It took me a while to digest, but as I gave it more time, I just started enjoying it more and more. The middle-section of this track is so infectious:

I'm checking out the new Daughters album too. Sounds pretty excellent. Nice to hear some subtle no wave influence in there too.
Never really got into Julia Jacklin before, but this one is very nice.

Didn't really feel the whole album, but Bad Timing by Phantastic Ferniture was also a great single.

s**t :(

In a genre which tends to sound a bit samey, I've always thought Ocean Party carved out a sound that was very much their sound. The two songs Zac wrote on the new album are fantastic, maybe the best two songs on there. Ciggie Witch is also a really neat band too; quite liked their last album.

Back