List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson Voss was meant to be a bit of a gun when he was younger but not sure how he is travelling nowadays.

From memory he is eligible for the 2019 or 2020 draft.

So i hope the internet police don't check who's stalking teenage boys.
Tyson Milne must be 16 or so. Don't know how he's going.
There is a Flynn Thompson plying for under 16's at Lakes Entrance.
Jackson Voss played for Cheltenham under 17's in 2016 not sure about 2017.
Ky Voss. No idea.
Jet Peckett must be close to old enough, but no news about him.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-07-27/famous-fathers-surging-sons

So i hope the internet police don't check who's stalking teenage boys.
Tyson Milne must be 16 or so. Don't know how he's going.
There is a Flynn Thompson plying for under 16's at Lakes Entrance.
Jackson Voss played for Cheltenham under 17's in 2016 not sure about 2017.
Ky Voss. No idea.
Jet Peckett must be close to old enough, but no news about him.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-07-27/famous-fathers-surging-sons

Is Andrew Thompson down in Lakes now? He was a super urban guy a few years ago.

No matter how well a club does regarding player welfare , sometimes the "go home factor" is just too big a factor. Unless we are drafting from Tassie , Qld , NT or NSW , I'd prefer us to draft from Victoria , and only get Western Australians or South Australians , when their talent is so much greater than the others still available. With this 2018 Superdraft being rated so , on the back of its South Australian talent , lets hope we snag a Vic with our only decent pick.

I reckon the two who could suit our needs best (IMO someone with real x-factor/excitement/speed and skill) are Rankine and Hill, from SA and WA, so if either one was available, and we considered them to be BA and to really suit our needs, I'd hope we'd pick them, unless they really interviewed poorly, or seemed a massive flight risk.

Tarryn Thomas is in North's academy, so they'll snap him up, on top of a Rankine/Lukocious and will be a chance of getting Blakey and Scott as well, although Blakey can go to Sydney as part of their academy and he lives up there, so Sydney probably get another really good one cheaply.

Not sure we'll be desperate for an Armo replacement when we already have Steele, Dunstan, Acres, Seb, now Clark, and also Koby, and you'd think we'd keep aiming for the Sloane types, through FA/trades. Hopefully we'll get Bonar in two years!

I see possibly our biggest need being an Ian Hill, Izak Rankine type, who have genuine speed and seriously good skills, who can really cut teams up when they get the footy and who get a lot of their footy forward of centre. We don't really have anyone like that.

We got a bunch of speed for the backline and perhaps wing in these drafts last weekend, next I reckon we need more for the forwardline/wing.

Also think we could do with a Sam Walsh type in a pretty big way. Someone with a huge tank, who runs all day, has good speed as well, racks up a heap of the ball and uses it really well. If they can win their own ball like he does, even better.

I guess we'll need to see how White and Coffield go and perhaps even Joyce, but yeah, another Gilbo at around 194cm, with genuine speed, elite endurance and tackling and excellent defensively on a variety of sizes would be very useful indeed!

Not too many floating around with his unique mix of attributes tho, so maybe we go super-hard at a Haynes in a year or two.
Scrimshaw fits the Gilbo replacement perfectly imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarryn Thomas gets some big wraps from a guy who coaches at North. Shame they have first go at him.
Yeah he could be really something. Terrific size (around 190cm) and meant to be super classy/slick etc.

Then they're also looking like probably getting Scott and Crocker through F/S on top of him, plus probably a Rankine/Lukoscious for finishing really low down!

So they could really turn their list around in one off-season in a pretty big way and if they keep on throwing massive offers to "big fish" you'd think they'll land someone there eventually too.

Yeah he could be really something. Terrific size (around 190cm) and meant to be super classy/slick etc.

Then they're also looking like probably getting Scott and Crocker through F/S on top of him, plus probably a Rankine/Lukoscious for finishing really low down!

So they could really turn their list around in one off-season in a pretty big way and if they keep on throwing massive offers to "big fish" you'd think they'll land someone there eventually too.

I wonder how many points they’ll
Need, say if they have pick one and pick King for instance, what if whoever has pick two bids on Thomas? Same with the two F/S options. It could go really well for them, but I wonder if they’ll get all their after.

I wonder how many points they’ll
Need, say if they have pick one and pick King for instance, what if whoever has pick two bids on Thomas? Same with the two F/S options. It could go really well for them, but I wonder if they’ll get all their after.
They can go into deficit next year if need be, but clubs tend to bid later than they would otherwise be taken in F/S cases and then they get a discount on top of that, so I doubt it will be an issue. They may need to trade someone out for a decent pick as a last resort if they all go great-guns tho.

The commentators in his highlight vid seem to love him. Despite him turning it over with nearly every possession.

Yeah, if that's the highlights I doesn't look such a super draft. Izak Rankine's look s**t too, it takes half the video for him to hit a target by foot and show's a kick on goal that misses from close range. Hopefully they are just snippets of footage rather than edited highlights.

I can't believe Darren Crocker's kid is old enough to play footy already.

Yeah, if that's the highlights I doesn't look such a super draft. Izak Rankine's look s**t too, it takes half the video for him to hit a target by foot and show's a kick on goal that misses from close range. Hopefully they are just snippets of footage rather than edited highlights.
If you want to see a freak-show of talent I suggest you wrap your eyes around this one then:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back