List Mgmt. 2018 NAB AFL Draft: November 22nd & 23rd

Who would you prefer with our first selection?

• Max King

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Bailey Smith

Votes: 47 19.7%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Jye Caldwell

Votes: 37 15.5%
  • Unknown Smokey?

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Jack Lukosious

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Isak Rankine

Votes: 72 30.1%
  • Ben King

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily.

Add Sloane as a FA, trade next years Pick & Dunstan for Wines, we have two midfield jets from last year’s draft in Clark & Coffield to run on the outside and the midfield has a totally different look.

If either of the Kings are deemed to be as good as they sound then we take them.

Just because we currently have a number of talls on the list (who may be inferior) doesn’t mean you don’t take a kid who could be the next superstar tall.

By the end of FA period (half way through trade week) we will know if our midfield has a few new faces. We’ll also know what top 10 pick we have & who is our preferred target at that pick.

If that means we trade Bruce or (I hate to say it) Paddy then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fair bit of ifs in that. I reckon both of those players stay for a start. I wouldn’t be taking a tall forward unless it was that young south Australian kid Even the best struggle to kick 3 goals a game and there are some like paddy for example who hurt you because they have no defensive skills at all.

For us that’s all there is.

Our luck that we load up on tall backs last year and have a pile of tall players on the list, really need mids and the once in a generation tall players are best available......oh well at least with our second and third round picks there might be some good mids. :(

A fair bit of ifs in that. I reckon both of those players stay for a start. I wouldn’t be taking a tall forward unless it was that young south Australian kid Even the best struggle to kick 3 goals a game and there are some like paddy for example who hurt you because they have no defensive skills at all.

There’s always ifs and possibilities....no guarantees in anything.

Obviously if we don’t add any mature players to the midfield via trade or FA then we take Smith or the best mid possible.

My point simply being that by the time trade period closes we’ll have a good idea what we specifically need to target.

Hopefully Lukosius is available... I’d take him now matter what

Our luck that we load up on tall backs last year and have a pile of tall players on the list, really need mids and the once in a generation tall players are best available......oh well at least with our second and third round picks there might be some good mids. :(

So we trade out a few surplus talls.

So we trade out a few surplus talls.

Right. Hypothetically, Paddy to Geelong & Bruce to Pies, Freo, GC. We could bring in multiple 2-4 second rounders, which we could use to change for first rounders, which gives us more options to trade with.

But in reality, I like to keep both.

Just a question for you Saints supporters.

Who would you select with your first pick and why?

Ben King
Max King
Smith
Rakine
Hately
Walsh
someone else
This board would say smith and Walsh but realistically our recruiters are probably looking at the King twins being best available and Sam Walsh if he slipped. Rankine would be on our radar too

Reckon Walsh's highlights v S.A last year show a massive amount of potential. The kid just saturates the field. Gets his hands dirty and can really run. I don't look at him as a finished product my any means, but he'll become a prolific, athletic machine in time. Look at his wingspan and stride for a 16-17 year old, and imagine what that'll become in 4-5 years time.

Reckon Walsh's highlights v S.A last year show a massive amount of potential. The kid just saturates the field. Gets his hands dirty and can really run. I don't look at him as a finished product my any means, but he'll become a prolific, athletic machine in time. Look at his wingspan and stride for a 16-17 year old, and imagine what that'll become in 4-5 years time.
If he can improve his kicking, then WANT.

Just a question for you Saints supporters.

Who would you select with your first pick and why?

Ben King
Max King
Smith
Rakine
Hately
Walsh
someone else
Are any of them slow half back flankers ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, he's a good kick across the field. We need clangers!!!
Give him a Pre season under Richo he will be fine

There’s always ifs and possibilities....no guarantees in anything.

Obviously if we don’t add any mature players to the midfield via trade or FA then we take Smith or the best mid possible.

My point simply being that by the time trade period closes we’ll have a good idea what we specifically need to target.

Hopefully Lukosius is available... I’d take him now matter what

Lukosios is as close to another Roo as I've seen. If he's available at whatever pick we have, we simply must take him. He'll probably go at one, so if we don't win The spoon, we won't get him. Max King looks a ripper, even though we need mids. Maybe grab a couple of FA's as mids, eg. Sloane and Gaff.

Very early days, but I’m leaning to Ben King. Great attributes, versatile, and could be a real point of difference.

Especially with our poor midfield. I’m just worried that in winter he will get frostbite. If we get a tall I’m microwaving my saints scarf

Especially with our poor midfield. I’m just worried that in winter he will get frostbite. If we get a tall I’m microwaving my saints scarf

We need talent all over the ground, get the best available with our pick. We’re essentially rebuilding our rebuild now, we’ll get great mids in the coming years, high caliber talls who suit the modern game don’t show up every draft.

We need talent all over the ground, get the best available with our pick. We’re essentially rebuilding our rebuild now, we’ll get great mids in the coming years, high caliber talls who suit the modern game don’t show up every draft.

Heard it all before. Just get mids. Last time we went the tall path you know what happened. We got 9 goals kicked on us in a quarter

Heard it all before. Just get mids. Last time we went the tall path you know what happened. We got 9 goals kicked on us in a quarter

We shouldn’t let that stop us from drafting talls. Sometimes high picks do not work out, just ask Melbourne. That doesn’t mean we should never draft a tall ever again. We got Coff and Hunter last year, both of whom they want to develop into mids. There’s no harm in going tall this year, especially with the talent on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back