Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joffaboy

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints
Libba’s reaction to Adelaide’s offer was like a big footy argument where a opposition supporter threw a trade suggestion on our board!
If he had of said jog on noddy, I would have mistook it as a video version of our T&D thread

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stewart66

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
AFL Club
St Kilda
I liked the ‘we need next years first’ comment. Operation get Kelly in full swing.
I think that was more the fact that we are required to have a first next year after traded out lower round picks. Otherwise we would have needed permission from the afl to trade our first without getting one back.

Txiki

Cancelled
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
He's big so everyone assumes Cripps and Bont but his output is low. He's looking more Acres to me with potential but higher bust factor than others. If he comes good he's a great size though.
Looks like an absolute ripper to me. Huge upside and will learn to use his size.

I can rest a bit easier now knowing that we had a crack at him.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty clear it was Caldwell that we rated highly , unfortunately so did the Giants.
I watched the Giants video and it seems very fabricated just like their organisation. It's a shame because I would've loved to see what they said to our offers for Jye.

I've since heard about some horrific injuries that the kid has had from a pretty young age so part of me wonders if he will have a long career but I did love him going into draft night.

lewdogs

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Apparently the Crows had 6 offers on the go at once. Had them all written up on a whiteboard (including ours) and pulled the trigger on the Blues deal.

I wonder if we are secretly happy they didn't take our deal given Bytel slid.

Mikka84

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently the Crows had 6 offers on the go at once. Had them all written up on a whiteboard (including ours) and pulled the trigger on the Blues deal.

I wonder if we are secretly happy they didn't take our deal given Bytel slid.
Time will tell and it will be a retrospective moment.

If Bytel gets over his injuries then we'll be ecstatic. If not, then not the end of the world given it was a pick in the 40's..

But one thing is for certain.. Adelaide are jumping with joy. Guaranteed top 3 pick next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CursingFijian

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just re-watched the draft night video. I thought we were pretty clear on what we wanted to do.

Best bit for me was Graham Allan saying "we need a future first"...
Gubby’s comment is tantalising isn’t it. Whom do you need it for Gubby? Two firsts next year for Kelly?

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just re-watched the draft night video. I thought we were pretty clear on what we wanted to do.

Best bit for me was Graham Allan saying "we need a future first"...
Pretty sure that's just because the AFL wouldn't have signed off on us trading away our entire 2019 draft hand. My understanding is that since we are already without a second or third round pick we had to get a first rounder back in any deal involving trading ours.

Munga

Premiership Player
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wilkie looks solid AF. Reminds me of when we drafted Sam Fisher and I knew he'd just get shit done.

Also watching these speedy draftees highlights, it stands out that the plodders on our list better learn how to shephard for these guys and get out the ruddy way.
I should be a scout. Wilkie getting shit done!

Top Bottom