Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good day for both my main computer and laptop to completely s**t themselves,! Twas like the Ghost of StKilda's past infected all things technological in my house!
Causing everything to just inexplicably choke and fail!
Truly Bizarre!
Happy with our lot and love the boldness of going with over age indeginous boys, with speed, flair and a nice dose of campaigner about them!
Also appeared to have a real vision of how we want our Saints to look in the future!
Actually genuinely excited about how our list is starting to take shape!

BTW Doc how the F#ck do you produce such magnificent product from the use of these fandangled mobile atrocities?
I was sweating on just being able to login on this glorified calculator let alone be expected to use this tiny gadget on anything other than a bloody phone call! lol

Not the most gifted wizard on the Tekkers is the primate Malaka!​
Very true and it’s oretty obvious the game plan we’re adopting next year throwing Long, Battle, Parker and Young into the forward line we clearly plan on injuring every opposition player in the ground until they are forced to wave the white flag.

Outstanding saints!!

Elder van Berlo

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Really pleased Wilkie got a go. Probably a left footed Corey Enright in style - doesn’t have any standout physical attributes in terms of size or speed, but he’s a smart footballer and a lovely kick.

Frankly I’m not convinced he has AFL attributes but if he can make the step up he will be the kind of player who you always feel safe when the ball is in his area.

If you want a laugh watch him burn off Sam Baulderstone - Norwood’s 130kg ruckman - on the wing in the SANFL grand final which ends up in a goal from about 20 out.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very true and it’s oretty obvious the game plan we’re adopting next year throwing Long, Battle, Parker and Young into the forward line we clearly plan on injuring every opposition player in the ground until they are forced to wave the white flag.

Outstanding saints!!
The angry ant Lonie just read this post and got even angrier. He's been doing arm extension exercises all off season, you watch out.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really pleased Wilkie got a go. Probably a left footed Corey Enright in style - doesn’t have any standout physical attributes in terms of size or speed, but he’s a smart footballer and a lovely kick.

Frankly I’m not convinced he has AFL attributes but if he can make the step up he will be the kind of player who you always feel safe when the ball is in his area.

If you want a laugh watch him burn off Sam Baulderstone - Norwood’s 130kg ruckman - on the wing in the SANFL grand final which ends up in a goal from about 20 out.
Think he'll be more back up with question marks over Roberton's capacity.

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
Is Frankie's kid a decent prospect ? Because does Brett Voss and Milne have a father/son prospect for next year ? And Saints might have a possible ruck academy selection prospect on the horizon?

Watching Frankie Peckett play in the last line of defence took five years off my life. I loved him as a player, but not sure my heart could take any more of that.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watching Frankie Peckett play in the last line of defence took five years off my life. I loved him as a player, but not sure my heart could take any more of that.
Having watched Webster, Gilbert, Savage and Geary trying to bring the ball out of defence in recent times, don't think my lifespan can be reduced any further. Loved Frankie, often saw him at the footy when I went to the docklands and wanted to tell him that, but didn't seem like a cool thing to do.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's funny how people remember past players. I always had him as being very reliable in fact I used to call him the postman as he always delivered. There was one famous incident where he got caught from behind flat footed (towards the end of his career) but in general I found him to be very safe.

The King's mum saying Ben was heavily affected by Max's knee injury and subsequent absence doesn't bode well for success at GC :eyes:

It's funny how people remember past players. I always had him as being very reliable in fact I used to call him the postman as he always delivered. There was one famous incident where he got caught from behind flat footed (towards the end of his career) but in general I found him to be very safe.
Wasn’t it over at Freo just before the Longmuir goal after the siren

Having a read over at bomber land and there is a good wrap for Hind. He maybe that smokie that all of a sudden starts on a wing Rd1

We need pace and he looks like a slingshot at VFL level. I watched one of their VFL games during the year on TV and he stood out for pace. I honestly can't remember if he did anything good but he was fun to watch because he was lightening, it just makes footy fun to watch when someone has a party trick.

I really like his attack on the ball, he goes for second and third efforts. He's got some real desperation in his game.

Having watched Webster, Gilbert, Savage and Geary trying to bring the ball out of defence in recent times, don't think my lifespan can be reduced any further. Loved Frankie, often saw him at the footy when I went to the docklands and wanted to tell him that, but didn't seem like a cool thing to do.

I ran into Peckett about a year ago on is way to an ex players catch up, he's actually one of the nicest guys you'll ever talk too, he'd actually think it was cool that you chatted to him. I know a younger guy that played up the beach with him and he reckons Frankie's place is where the whole club used to end up on weekends and after games. He's a very sociable guy.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep me too. Early days he was only lock down, but gradually got more of it over time, which was good as I thought he was a nice kick. Is his boy in the frame to get drafted?

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
Seriously looking forward to this season, exciting time ahead especially with these guys.:thumbsu:

3E84C93F-62BF-4DCA-BBE6-25C7484B4DBC.jpeg

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think there is a fair chance that all five national draft selections will play senior football sometime in the next 2-3 years. You would be expecting the mature aged recruits to push hard for selection. Players like Newnes and Dunstan are on notice.
I suppose I should have specified a little more but I meant 5-6 years down the track when we look back on the draft.

Im more looking at 2017 where we were ranked last for clearances at the start of the year when Hickey was our ruckman but then once Longer came in, we were ranked 3rd in the comp. Then this year when Hickey took over again, we went right back to being one of the worse in the league. For some reason, Longer makes our midfield stronger and our midfield needs all the help it can get with getting first use of the ball.
Ok that’s one season. How were our stats in 2014 and 2015 when Longer was also our #1 ruck?

62 posts moved from this thread to the best 22 thread.

Please keep the discussion here about the draft.

Cheers...:rolleyes:

Hey George, I saw the Bears put out that Atu Bosenavulagi was a Caulfield player and Kade Answerth's little bro who went to the Lions. Good club link.

Hey George, I saw the Bears put out that Atu Bosenavulagi was a Caulfield player and Kade Answerth's little bro who went to the Lions. Good club link.
Yeah he used to be. Then moved onto the Oakleigh Chargers.

His second half of this year was super impressive. First round material. If he had done that for the entire year he could've got picked up a lot earlier.

Really hope he makes it...their family are great people and have known them for more than 20 years.

Just spent the afternoon having celebratory drinks with a work colleague who's stepson was drafted by GWS.

Seriously, unless you're involved in some way you can't really get a true understanding of the emotions these kids and their families go through. From the nervousness as names are called, picks are running out and you are still without a suitor to the realisation you are now on an AFL list and you're moving interstate in 2 days time. Quite amazing really.

Great kid; hope he does well (apart from when GWS plays the Saints of course )

Back