Welcome 2018 national draft, pick 63: Welcome to Hawthorn Mathew Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

The Walking Dead
Game Of Thrones

It shows how prevalent it is. I watch neither.
I gave up on TWD but I'm sticking with GOT to the bitter end.

If only George would finish the ******* books

I gave up on TWD but I'm sticking with GOT to the bitter end.

If only George would finish the ******* books
Haha, if George did finish the books, he could write a completely different ending to the TV series.

Haha, if George did finish the books, he could write a completely different ending to the TV series.
Some of it will be, the TV series lives in its own universe now
Good chance he never finishes the books though

Will be interesting to hear the story leading up to our trade of picks to get him. I'm suspecting we were either surprised he was still available and made the move to get the pick to snap him up, or we had enquired about him from GWS pre-draft and they told us they wouldn't match if they got who they wanted with earlier picks.

Whatever the case we were obviously very keen on him to go to the effort of seeking out a trade to get the pick we used.

Out of all our picks, Walker looks to be the pick. Screams quality that Hawthorn will grow in the system

Of course you do, a Star Wars themed name change has fallen right onto your lap.

You do know in the time he'll discover that Jeff Kennet is his father.

Live long and prosper.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're confused, dipper.

O'Rourke Awakens is already under a new name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one could become something special - my favourite of the draftees.
Somebody compared him to Tony Hall, which I think is apt.

There is something about his presence around the ball which reminds me of Hodge.
When he commits himself he is a bit of a beast, similar to Hodge and Hardwick.

I see genuine match-winning potential here if he can apply himself.

Will be interesting to hear the story leading up to our trade of picks to get him.
On the Hawks site McKenzie mentions that we had clubs approaching us about pick swaps. The Pies weren't going to use that pick, so I'm guessing they approached us to see what they could get for a pick they weren't going to use, and since the cost was so low (future late pick swaps) we took them up on it, and then just picked the next guy on our ranking list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back