Welcome 2018 national draft, pick 63: Welcome to Hawthorn Mathew Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

So we know something about this kid that others don’t?

First we trade up to pick him then we throw him jumper number 33 as soon as he gets to waverly when there was a plethora of other numbers available.

Let's not get to carrierd away we threw the #23 a t.obrien and im still waiting.

#33 should of been reserved until further notice

First we trade up to pick him then we throw him jumper number 33 as soon as he gets to waverly when there was a plethora of other numbers available.
Or we had to give it to someone (we didn't want to rest it), so we gave it to the shy indigenous kid who plays forward? Feels right though.

Not a hawk, but I remember having the tagging job on David Wiirapunda.
I was named in our best as I kept him to 50 possies and 5 goals!!! Seriously!

I had the same when I kept Jack Ziebell to 5 goals in an under 15s game. His lowest tally in a game that year to that point. I was best on for us despite losing by 80 points hahaha.

Let's not get to carrierd away we threw the #23 a t.obrien and im still waiting.
No we didn’t. Tim started in a high number like pretty much every draftee.

Why does every thread have to hang sh1t on TOB.

It's also pre-season for FFS

Well said MP! Before TOB it was Shoey. Yes TOB can be frustrating but the crap being continually directed towards him by certain posters has been disgraceful.

FWIW I genuinely believe that he will make it as key backmen. Good luck TOB no one will cheer harder than me when you succeed

Well said MP! Before TOB it was Shoey. Yes TOB can be frustrating but the crap being continually directed towards him by certain posters has been disgraceful.

FWIW I genuinely believe that he will make it as key backmen. Good luck TOB no one will cheer harder than me when you succeed

I actually don't mind what he brings, if he can stay in the game for longer we will go well.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would not be the least bit surprised if he was part of the deal for Scully.

Not sure i see it. The scully deal was bloody good by itself. What makes you say that?
It was an awesome deal for GWS. From their perspective they offloaded a player on a large contract who they had massive doubts would ever play again.

A smart club would have played on that in any negotiations.

It was an awesome deal for GWS. From their perspective they offloaded a player on a large contract who they had massive doubts would ever play again.

I just don't think we'd screw with a kids career like that, I hope not anyway. I think the academy are genuine in wanting the best chance for the graduates.

So does that mean every other team was in on it too, having all passed up numerous chances to draft him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. Too many uncontrollable variables. In my opinion, not part of the deal.

Given the #33 but he ain't no Cyril.
But gosh there is enough to like about him and suggest that this young fellow can do the number proud and put his own career on it too.
Might not have the springs like junior boy but nonetheless Mathew can take a mark with his solid hands.
Has the physic for AFL being a solid young man already. I hope he burns up some games this year and demands a few games in the seniors to keep him up to speed with where he should be.
If you watched him today you know he has the ability.
Ahhhhhh contested marks oh how we have missed them, not anymore, thanks Mr Walker.

Biggest plus out of JLT 1 for mine. Looks like a player who with more fitness and experience will have that intangible 'time and space' aura.

Did a few things that make you just say he's got it. Let's hope he does it on a regular basis in the years ahead because he could be a beauty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back