Welcome 2018 national draft, pick 63: Welcome to Hawthorn Mathew Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did he fall to pick 63, which was what I was asking.

A lot of better academy kids do, I guess the club whose academy they are represented by like to keep them out of the limelight to a degree. It's hard to do with some kids, but with others it works.

That performance in the forward line is so exciting.

The last youngster we had come in and impact forward like that at any level was probably Sicily. Fingers crossed they have similar ceilings.
Let's not set a ceiling on Walker. He will be much better

Let's not set a ceiling on Walker. He will be much better

Shakey mate, haven't you ever heard - all things in moderation?

You seem to be caught on a terrible roller coaster ride between dizzying optimism and crushing pessimism and nothing in between.

Shakey mate, haven't you ever heard - all things in moderation?

You seem to be caught on a terrible roller coaster ride between dizzying optimism and crushing pessimism and nothing in between.

As a team, we are poor. As an individual, Walker will be better than Cyril

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walkers fitness is an issue needs a big pre season. Has some tricks but hasnt got those multiple efforts in him
Will take your word for it. Did he play much in the first half of the year? It seems like he and Ross exchanged form somewhere down the line. Haven't seen Ross in the bests for a while. Between he and Walker though it seems we have some talent coming through in the medium forward dpt.

I'm interested what you and other VFL watchers think of Dylan Moore. Didn't really get his footing at senior level in the forward line. I know he had a few great VFL games there last year, but I know he was a mid as a junior with his distance running his biggest strength. Does he get rotated through there at BH or is he seen as a fwd only now?

Will take your word for it. Did he play much in the first half of the year? It seems like he and Ross exchanged form somewhere down the line. Haven't seen Ross in the bests for a while. Between he and Walker though it seems we have some talent coming through in the medium forward dpt.

I'm interested what you and other VFL watchers think of Dylan Moore. Didn't really get his footing at senior level in the forward line. I know he had a few great VFL games there last year, but I know he was a mid as a junior with his distance running his biggest strength. Does he get rotated through there at BH or is he seen as a fwd only now?
Walker has had some injuries this year and came to us injured and unfit he didn't have a pre season. He has a lot of Tony Hall about him. Looks very similar to the way he approaches the ball and his marking. Who knows he might debut because he just excites you with the things he does.

Dylan as we know is coming back from injury he has predominately playing half forward but he has the fitness base to play mid. He will need to play through there more and use his endurance because he just doesn't have the burst speed of a poppy to play deep forward in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back