Virginia Tech @ North Carolina 10AM ESPNU
UCLA @ Cal 10AM Pac-12 Network
Wisconsin @ Michigan 10:30AM WatchESPN
Ole Miss @ Arkansas 10:30AM SEC Network
Hawaii @ BYU 1:15PM WatchESPN
Wyoming @ Fresno State 1:30PM ESPNU

ESPN Goal Line from 6:30AM WatchESPN

* All times in AEDT
* ESPN Goal Line is like NFL Redzone, Ad free whip-around coverage of games on ESPN Networks and some regional games. [When simulcast on ESPNU between games it will have ads.]

Refer to TV/Streaming thread for links
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/american-football-tv-streaming-info.1176113/

for announcer assignments check this out later in the week.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Games with no coverage in Australia

Saturday October 13
Air Force @ San Diego State 12PM CBSSN

Sunday October 14
Minnesota @ Ohio State 3AM FS1
Georgia @ LSU 6:30AM CBS
Purdue @ Illinois 6:30AM FS1
Temple @ Navy 6:30AM CBSSN
Houston @ East Carolina 10AM CBSSN
West Virginia @ Iowa State 10AM FS1
Colorado @ USC 1:30PM FS1
Boise State @ Nevada 1:30PM CBSSN

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The 6:30AM games are stacked thisweek.

So with baseball playoffs no more double headers on Sunday for the "primetime" games. since the NBA is also about to start, no games this week because of MLB and some motorbikes crap.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Maybe start the 2019 thread? :p
I didnt expect Stanford to do much this year. the Utah loss hurts, hope we dont lose more than another 2. Wish Notre Dame waited till last week before a QB change.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Question

UCF - Can they make the playoffs if they stay undefeated again?
not if Notre Dame make it undefeated. they would also need 2 or 3 power 5 champs to be 2 loss teams along with ND being a 2 loss team.

a 1 loss ND might not make it over a 2 loss champ if its a Ohio St or Washington.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
not if Notre Dame make it undefeated. they would also need 2 or 3 power 5 champs to be 2 loss teams along with ND being a 2 loss team.

a 1 loss ND might not make it over a 2 loss champ if its a Ohio St or Washington.
I just think the whole system will be shown to be flawed if continually a team who stays undefeated doesn't get a shot of at least a play-off spot.

Has to go to 8 teams sooner rather then later.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I just think the whole system will be shown to be flawed if continually a team who stays undefeated doesn't get a shot of at least a play-off spot.

Strength of schedule is still bias towards power 5, when each power 5 conference has some really s**t teams. and the G5 conferences are more even.

and most of the power 5 teams refuse to play the better G5 teams, they want FCS cupcake weekends in November before rival games because they are too afraid to stumble before a rivalry game against a conference team.

Until they punish teams who play FCS teams rather than good G5 [or Power 5 teams outside the first 3 weeks] it wont change.

I dont have a problem with the FCS teams taking a big payday for a beat down to keep the program alive, but i dont like it when the biggest teams play them late in the year. play them in the first month or not at all.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn

How would you suggest they do the 8 games though? All bowl games?

I'd love it too though

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How would you suggest they do the 8 games though? All bowl games?

I'd love it too though
when they expand to 8 teams the first round of the playoffs will be the first week of the bowl season. and if the ever expand to 16 that round will likely replace Championship weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
lots of chaos today. Penn St and Washingtons seasons are close to over with a 2nd loss, but both only have 1 conference loss.
Georgia's season is on the edge with a conference loss
Auburn's season is over.

Texas get another win, Oregon save their season, and Notre Dame struggle but pull out another win.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
lots of chaos today. Penn St and Washingtons seasons are close to over with a 2nd loss, but both only have 1 conference loss.
Georgia's season is on the edge with a conference loss
Auburn's season is over.

Texas get another win, Oregon save their season, and Notre Dame struggle but pull out another win.
Even Bama is struggling

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Even Bama is struggling
Not sure if you are watching. Their defense is killing Mizzou, and causing Drew Lock to turn it over in own territory.

Mizzou defence is playing great Redzone defence but they can't stop the big plays.

Sadly Mizzou will lose by 40 odd points here.

Drew Lock looks bad, when hes missing his to best WR's. Drew Lock has ruined his once bright NFL prospect in this last month.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

No, disagree

The current Top 4 system creates far more tension throughout the season and cut-throat do-or-die games involving the ranked teams

Moving to a top 8 system would just dilute the importance of regular season games. The best teams would know they could drop one or two games and still probably finish with a ranking of 7th or 8th. You'd be removing all the drama from the biggest games throughout the year.

The college season is pretty awesome just how it is right now. Why change? Just so the butt1hurt fans of teams ranked 5th or 6th would stop whining?? Bollocks. The whinging would continue, but from the fans of the 9th and 10th ranked teams. What then? Move to a Top 16 playoff series??? Pfft.

There never even used to be a national championship decider - it used to be voted on by the media after the Bowl games. But then they brought in a National Championship Game for the teams ranked 1 and 2. They expanded this to a 4 team playoff. Under the old historical system, the teams ranked 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th weren't even close to being crowned as national champions. So why should they get a look in now? The Top 4 is enough. Two semi finals and a final. They should keep it elite.

Finals should be for the very best. I think it sucks when the 7th or 8th best team throughout the season (AFL, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) gets hot during the finals/playoffs and goes on a 3-4 week championship run. It makes a mockery of having a regular season.

The best college teams should be rewarded for winning 11 or 12 games against strong schedules. The undefeated schools from the "lesser" conferences need to ensure they play non-conference games vs the nationally-recognised strong teams. It's on them to beef up their schedule. Notre Dame should join the Big Ten or ACC. They want to rake in the cash as an independent team, but then they complain when the conference champions are elevated above them in the rankings. Tough s**t.

Last edited:
We were pathetic this week. Offence was terrible although Jim Chaney has to take a lot of blame with some ridiculous play calling. Fromm also couldn't hit basic 5 yard passes that continually halted drives. At times I thought I was watching Seattle with how bad it was. Defence was okay but gave up too many big plays. I don't think I have ever seen a team give up so many 1st downs on 4th and 1. I lost count at 5 but it was probably more. We should have lost by 50 on balance of play.

No, disagree

The current Top 4 system creates far more tension throughout the season and cut-throat do-or-die games involving the ranked teams

Moving to a top 8 system would just dilute the importance of regular season games. The best teams would know they could drop one or two games and still probably finish with a ranking of 7th or 8th. You'd be removing all the drama from the biggest games throughout the year.

The college season is pretty awesome just how it is right now. Why change? Just so the butt1hurt fans of teams ranked 5th or 6th would stop whining?? Bollocks. The whinging would continue, but from the fans of the 9th and 10th ranked teams. What then? Move to a Top 16 playoff series??? Pfft.

There never even used to be a national championship decider - it used to be voted on by the media after the Bowl games. But then they brought in a National Championship Game for the teams ranked 1 and 2. They expanded this to a 4 team playoff. Under the old historical system, the teams ranked 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th weren't even close to being crowned as national champions. So why should they get a look in now? The Top 4 is enough. Two semi finals and a final. They should keep it elite.

Finals should be for the very best. I think it sucks when the 7th or 8th best team throughout the season (AFL, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) gets hot during the finals/playoffs and goes on a 3-4 week championship run. It makes a mockery of having a regular season.

The best college teams should be rewarded for winning 11 or 12 games against strong schedules. The undefeated schools from the "lesser" conferences need to ensure they play non-conference games vs the nationally-recognised strong teams. It's on them to beef up their schedule. Notre Dame should join the Big Ten or ACC. They want to rake in the cash as an independent team, but then they complain when the conference champions are elevated above them in the rankings. Tough s**t.
That was the logic we heard back in the bcs era

Seems better now.
FWIW - I’m a strong advocate of going to 8 with the p5 champs (1-5 seeds), 1 g5 champ, and 2 at-large bids.

This would be the playoffs
1. 12-1 Clemson
2. 12-1 Oklahoma
3. 12-1 Georgia
4. 12-1 Ohio State
5. 11-2 USC
6. 11-1 Alabama
7. 12-1 Wisconsin
8. 12-0 UCF

Id even contemplate putting Ucf at 6 to reward them for actually winning their conference.

Sticking at 4 is just going to lead to arguments year in year out between teams who both went 12-1 or some s**t. Teams are gonna be ****ed each and every year.

Expansion of the playoff is a no brainer as far as I’m concerned.
AS LONG AS ITS DONE RIGHT

Going to 8 and just being the best 8 will lead to the same arguments and they’ll want to expand again and it’s at that point the fears Will come true and they can ruin it imo
But if you reward conference champions and only reward a select few. It can work

8 with 6 conference champions
12 with all 10 I’m happy with too

But 16? **** off.
Heck, even just the top 12 I don’t like. It will allow the 9-3 teams in.
Sure, going 12 with 10 conference champions can very easily lead to s**t teams making it like a 10-3 bowling green (mac 2015 champs) but at least it’s earnt on being the best in your small pool

But you never know what we’ll see from the g5 schools, go all the way back to the bcs era and they’re 7-3 vs bcs/p5 schools. (Boise state 2-0, Utah 2-0, Houston 1-0, tcu 1-0, Ucf 1-0, Hawaii 0-1, northern Illinois 0-1, Western Michigan 0-1)

Maybe the gulf isn’t so big?

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
It's really can depend on the year with the depth and quality of the games. Sometimes there is one or 2 that stand out in class, other years it runs deeper. At least with 8 you are more likely to get the better teams in to sort it out.

This year in the AFL you could have run with a top 12, and they'd all be competitive. Past years its barely worth have teams from 5 onwards .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back