NFL 2018 NFC Championship game - Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans

NFC CG Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Timestamped for convenience

Thanks for the perfect example of how the NFL controls the narrative.

What is really funny about that clip is him comparing Payton's suspension to Belicheat never being suspended.

Each time the Pats have been outed for cheating the league have given Belicheat a pass because he "didn't know".

The reason for Payton's suspension? He "didn't know but should have"! :mask:

People that buy into the bounty con are the league's best customers. Zero evidence that was routinely criticised by the judges who saw the cases against the players. Not even one example of a player trying to injure another. Management and coaches can't contractually challenge the NFL (no CBA for them!) so of course they didn't challenge.

City Hall apologists sound like the kids who still believe in Santa.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more outrage over the non call from neutrals.

The main reason is because you see a handful of calls a game that seem outright BS. This one happened to be at a time that seemed more significant to the result but there were other calls that could've been just as influential to the result

At the end of the day Saints had the ball to start OT in their home and stuffed it up. They also should've put up more points earlier when they had the ascendency. That's not to excuse the refs but at the end of the day it's part of the game. Refs call is final.

Of course if the same thing happened to Melbourne I'd be screaming bloody murder.

Maybe we need to bring back the replacement refs

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more outrage over the non call from neutrals.

I think there has been. We do get a few missed calls as Demon said but this should have been cut and dried. Also the fact that they effectively missed two calls in the one play, the PI and the helmet.

And to miss on a crucial game deciding time in one of the three biggest games of the season..wow.

The NFL mishandled Bountygate and yes they were probably too lenient on BB and the Pats over spygate. And in that case I think that leniency was to Kraft. But I don’t think other cases have been a conspiracy, more that the NFL FO is incompetent in handling controversial cases.

But on the field I don’t buy any conspiracy theories and in this case the NFL had a nightmare scenario to end that game. Again they have handled it poorly. Should have been on the front foot from the start. MIA once again.

Jack Bogle a famous American investment guy died last week. He was considered the father of index funds which are low cost. Many consider him one of greats of investment world because he actually looked after his investors. Most execs would be billionaires many times over if they had a successful company as he founded, but he’s ‘only’ worth $80m as he didn’t wish to rip off his clients. A genius some would say.

Roger Gooddell receives around half of that worth in one year’s salary....absolutely staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do they want from Goodell? He didn't make the call. Do they want him to reprimand the refs?
They're still deluded looking for the Commish to reverse or replay the game.

A journo said it best... something along the lines of withs all the officiating issues this season together with one of the biggest bad calls in one of the biggest games of the season. He should do his best to sooth angry fans and possibly set agenda for future league talks on the issue.

Also don’t let issues stew, get on front foot.

The fact they have now fined Robey-Coleman for helmet to helmet contact is even more infuriating.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Disgusting no call robbed the Saints of certain victory. If I'm one of their supporters you're damn right im pissed off.

But I'm not, so therefore it was great seeing Sean Payton squeal like a little girl and put all the blame on the refs, how about not calling a pass play on first down you arrogant twat??

Credit to the Rams fighting back ina very loud and hostile environment tho, if only we all had kickers a long and clutch as the mighty Greg The Leg.😍

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
A quote I heard during the week from a Rams fan no less about the bad call last week/bad calls in general -

"The NFL has what a dozen, 2 dozen things they could have done to prevent this. They didn't do them. They might do them moving forward. I'm just worried in the end that all of us put so much time and effort and emotional vulnerability into a product that doesn't put as much effort to protect the officiating of on their side."

Back