NFL 2018 NFC Championship game - Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans

NFC CG Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, Saints were only there because of a once in a lifetime Alshon Jeffrey drop putting an end to the inevitable Nick Foles winning drive.

Live by the fluke, die by the fluke.
well the only reason the eagles were there was because of a fluke double doink from parkey and the saints probably lost to bears

You'd be replaying every single game if you replayed games based on a ref/umpire error. Where do you draw the line on ref errors. Just because it wasn't obvious to all don't mean a costly mistake wasn't made.

Judge should just state that referee/umpires decision is final, case dismissed.

Judge should just state that referee/umpires decision is final, case dismissed.
their lawsuit is based on a rule that the commish has a clause where he can overturn results under specisl circumstances. but as that rule states its usually some extreme clause, which the article points out wouldnt fit this situation

You'd be replaying every single game if you replayed games based on a ref/umpire error. Where do you draw the line on ref errors. Just because it wasn't obvious to all don't mean a costly mistake wasn't made.

Maybe they should replay from the point where Goff should have had a penalty for the grab at the facemask?

Have thew NFL come out and defended the call yet?

Doubt that will happen considering they seem to have admitted they stuffed the call

Hard to believe Vinovich’s initial response when asked after the game....

Here’s how an exchange between referee Bill Vinovich, the head of the crew, and pool reporter Amie Just of NOLA.com went:
Q: What was the reasoning for no penalty flag being thrown on the play involving Drew Brees’ pass attempt to Tommylee Lewis?
BV: It’s a judgment call by the officials. I personally have not seen the play.
Q: You said you didn’t see the play, correct?
BV: Correct.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/21/c...s-chiefs-patriots-officiating-super-bowl-LIII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anybody asked for Trump’s view on the decision much like the media did with Obama & ‘Fail Mary’

I doubt much will come of this...can u imagine the precedent this would set if they had to replay the game??
Unfortunately with sport, u get s**t calls or no calls...would I be pissed if I was a saints fan HECK YES!! But I would also realise the futility of that outrage.
I was fuming about a number of calls/no calls last year with the jags vs patriots... it happens...I got over it.

Zebras have had a poor year, lets hope they dont provide yet another defining moment in Atlanta.
Playoffs screw up the officiating of the game even more as they mix the crews, basing it on the best at their respective position rather than the best, most in sync, crew.

Playoffs screw up the officiating of the game even more as they mix the crews, basing it on the best at their respective position rather than the best, most in sync, crew.

Yep hard to fathom how the best of the best miss a call like that... except rigged hey GG!? I'm slowly coming around;)

well the only reason the eagles were there was because of a fluke double doink from parkey and the saints probably lost to bears

Fluke nothing, that was a block and set play and happened exactly as Doug drew it up.

Chicago just lucky that Foles wasnt put back to return the miss.

The non-call in our game was given more context with the roughing call against Brady later in the day.

It was a fitting contrast given how the Saints view their treatment from NFL officials (all the way up to the commish) vs big market teams.

The body of evidence is compelling. I hope this is the straw that breaks the camal's back in that regard but I'm not hopeful. Tom Benson was a company man. The NFL saved his franchise and his reputation in his home town so he was never prepared to upset the apple-cart. Maybe his missus has more nads than him but I doubt it.

When you're a small market team you expect the field will be tipped against you. Especially playing against a league pet project like the Rams. That is truer now than it's ever been despite the amount of analysis on the game. The fact so many are still blind to it speaks volumes for how well leagues control the messaging.

The non-call in our game was given more context with the roughing call against Brady later in the day.

It was a fitting contrast given how the Saints view their treatment from NFL officials (all the way up to the commish) vs big market teams.

The body of evidence is compelling. I hope this is the straw that breaks the camal's back in that regard but I'm not hopeful. Tom Benson was a company man. The NFL saved his franchise and his reputation in his home town so he was never prepared to upset the apple-cart. Maybe his missus has more nads than him but I doubt it.

When you're a small market team you expect the field will be tipped against you. Especially playing against a league pet project like the Rams. That is truer now than it's ever been despite the amount of analysis on the game. The fact so many are still blind to it speaks volumes for how well leagues control the messaging.
sucked in :p

Back