NFL 2018 NFL Combine and Pro-Days

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
For all Combine and Pro-Day discussion and videos etc.

-----------------

USC QB Sam Darnold weighed in at 6-foot-3 3/8 and 221 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Of more concern was Darnold's hand size, and he cleared that threshold by measuring in with 9 3/8-inch hands. There was some pre-Combine chatter Darnold would have smallish hands due to his tendency for fumbling at USC. Darnold wound up checking in with bigger hands than Baker Mayfield (9 1/4"), and only slightly smaller hands

Louisville QB Lamar Jackson measured 6-foot-2 1/4 and 216 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

His hands are 9 1/2 inches. Jackson was listed at 6-foot-3 by Louisville, so he is a hair shorter than expected, but only roughly one inch shorter than USC QB Sam Darnold. Jackson is expected to shine in athletic testing in Indy.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

-------------

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield measured 6-foot 5/8 and 215 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

His hands measured 9 1/4 inches, just in line with the typical NFL threshold. Being 6-foot-1, 215 puts Mayfield slightly above Drew Brees, who measured 6-foot 3/8 and 213 pounds coming out of Purdue, although Brees had 10 1/4-inch hands.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Whats everyones views on darnold electing not to throw?

Not really fussed, i think the combine for QBs is overrated as * apart from the measurements, all you need to see is there in the game film, throwing with no pressure in your face means sweet FA in the end as it never happens in game. Unless you're the Broncos of course and you want reassure yourself & the masses that Chad Kelly is the real deal. :D

Last edited:
Whats everyones views on darnold electing not to throw?
Don’t hate it. It’s brutal the way they’re judged for throwing to receivers they’ve never thrown to and don’t have chemistry with

Good bench performances

Barkley - 29 reps
Nelson - 35 (going to be a gun)
Nick Chubb - 29 (really interested to see his combine)

Bad bench performances

Orlando Brown - 14

Barkley bench pressing as much as Chubb is impressive, i really want Nick to slide, Rivera talking of McCaffery being our lead back at the combine today but i dont see it. Think he needs help.

Barkley bench pressing as much as Chubb is impressive, i really want Nick to slide, Rivera talking of McCaffery being our lead back at the combine today but i dont see it. Think he needs help.
I think Chubb will outperform expectations at the combine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate

Happy to part with a second?

Not sure i am, might have to look elsewhere in the third round, we do have two third rounders at least (from KB trade with Bills) so there is always a possibility of trading up for someone if need be though.

OL man Henderson runs a 4.75 40 dash wow. As the commentators said, that's faster than Wentz's 40

Will be an invaluable quality when he gets flagged for ineligible down field penalties on those RB screens. Kolton Miller is the real track star of the offensive linemen though...recorded almost a foot more on the average for linemen on vertical jump and ran a 4.95 at 308 pounds.

Its the combine, not real football. all of these stats are useless for comparison. its just a basic evaluation of strengths.
Yes and no.
It's good because it can back up what scouts see on the field, but on the flip side scouts can see stuff at the combine and not see it on the field.

Yes and no.
It's good because it can back up what scouts see on the field, but on the flip side scouts can see stuff at the combine and not see it on the field.
Teams can request players to do the same drills at the Pro Days.

Nothing done at the combine can be replicated on field in a game.

In a few years when NFLn and the other networks catch up, Pro days will be broadcast on the networks rather than streamed online. Or they change the combine to have gauntlet drills and stuff like that.
The skills challenge that ESPN air after the senior bowl shows more football skills than the combine. [to a lesser extent the pro bowl skills challenge]

For players who are projected to be early picks the combine cant do anything for them, but for other players that barely anyone has talked about the combine can do good because it will have teams look at the tape for the first time.

Good on the QB's for not throwing anymore at the combine, save that stuff for pro days and pre draft team workouts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back