NFL 2018 NFL Draft - 27/04/2018 [No Twitter Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bills GM Brandon Beane told MMQB's Peter King he is "not ready" to move up in the draft for a quarterback.

"I haven’t spent enough time to have an opinion about any of them yet, honestly," Beane said. "I am not there yet, knowing if we can or will move up again...We’re just keeping an open mind." Beane put himself in position to move up by acquiring the 12th pick in the Cordy Glenn trade, and he has four more picks in the top-65 including No. 22 overall at his disposal if he wants to make the move. Considering Buffalo's depth chart currently consists of A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman, it would be a surprise if they did not attempt to trade up for one of the top quarterbacks.

Source: MMQB
and Alabama QB and Peterman. Well best you can hope for is a 3:1 INT-TD Ratio.

Why is Jackson the only player you suggest switch to a receiveR? Why not any of the other qb's that you don't rate?

And I'm talking purely SEC players. I don't care what division a later plays in. Flacco moving down to Delaware and becoming a mid first rounder is one of my favourite slaps to that silly analogy.

Oh gees, the receiver comment was a joke in reference to teams asking him that at the draft. I’ve previously posted that I thought that request was ridiculous.

As for Flacco, he was more accurate. Apart from a 3 week period that coincided with a Super Bowl, he’s been a disappointment

Oh gees, the receiver comment was a joke in reference to teams asking him that at the draft. I’ve previously posted that I thought that request was ridiculous.

As for Flacco, he was more accurate. Apart from a 3 week period that coincided with a Super Bowl, he’s been a disappointment
If Flacco has been a disappointment, I'd love to know your measure of success.

According to Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports 1, UCLA QB Josh Rosen worked out for the Browns and Giants on Tuesday.

Per Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns will also work out Sam Darnold on Wednesday and Josh Allen at his Wyoming Pro Day on Friday. At one point it looked like Browns might draft Saquon Barkley first overall while waiting until No. 4 to address their quarterback need, but the Jets eliminated that possibility by trading up to No. 3. It's too early to tell where the Browns are leaning but it's safe to assume one of Rosen, Darnold, Allen or Baker Mayfield will be chosen with the first pick.

Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Wow

Sportsbet it’s time to pay me out
According to ESPN's Jeff Darlington, the "overwhelming sense" at USC QB Sam Darnold's Wednesday Pro Day is that Darnold will be the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft.

All reports were positive on Darnold's Wednesday performance in front of execs and scouts, and the general feeling coming out of the Combine was Darnold is the Browns' top target. In addition to coach Hue Jackson and new GM John Dorsey, owner Jimmy Haslam attended Darnold's Pro Day and took notes in the stands. A gunslinger whose technique needs polish, Darnold blends similar skills of Matthew Stafford and Tony Romo. After acquiring Tyrod Taylor, the Browns would have the luxury of sitting Darnold for most if not all of his first year.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wyoming QB Josh Allen reportedly "dazzled" at the Cougars' Pro Day on Friday, and afterwards NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested Allen is more naturally gifted than Eagles QB Carson Wentz.

Allen has drawn some Wentz comparisons in the scouting community. Both are big, athletic, strong-armed passers, and Allen played for the same coach Wentz did at North Dakota State. "From a physical talent perspective, this kid is a better athlete with more arm talent (than Wentz)," Mayock observed. The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Allen "alleviated concerns about his 56.2 completion percentage at Wyoming and kept himself firmly in the conversation for the Browns' No. 1 overall pick." The Browns sent a full contingency of owner Jimmy Haslam, GM John Dorsey, coach Hue Jackson, assistant GM Eliot Wolf, and OC Ken Zampese to watch Allen's workout.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

According to ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan, USC's Sam Darnold is the only quarterback the Giants would take at the No. 2 overall pick.

It sounds like the Giants' scouting grades on Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, and Josh Allen simply aren't high enough for GM Dave Gettleman to consider picking one of the non-Darnold quarterbacks at No. 2. Gettleman has a history of drafting running backs high -- he took Christian McCaffrey eighth overall in Carolina last year -- and he never traded down in any round of the draft during four seasons as Panthers GM. Barring Gettleman disregarding his scouts or reversing course on his historical anti-trade-down stance, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley and NC State DE/OLB Bradley Chubb appear to be co-favorites to go at No. 2.

Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back