NFL 2018 NFL schedule

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving where we get to see the nfls best rivalry :)

Bring it JeffDunne

Also a big wtf to Chicago opening the season with snf @ green bay then vs Seattle on mnf

What could have been a marquee matchup for the Vikings against the Rams in week 4 is ruined by the game being scheduled on Thursday night!

The only upside is that the Vikings get extra time to prepare for the Eagles in week 5 (both games away BTW)

I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving where we get to see the nfls best rivalry :)

Bring it JeffDunne

Also a big wtf to Chicago opening the season with snf @ green bay then vs Seattle on mnf
I don't understand the schedulers love of the Bears - they always seem to get numerous prime time slots.

The Vikings are coming off a 13-3 season and open against the 49ers (Garapollo vs Cousins) and yet the game gets a standard 1 o'clock timeslot.

What could have been a marquee matchup for the Vikings against the Rams in week 4 is ruined by the game being scheduled on Thursday night!

The only upside is that the Vikings get extra time to prepare for the Eagles in week 5 (both games away BTW)
I’ve personally felt the main issue with Thursday night games is the nfl gives us trash

Yeah. We still get some this year (browns vs jets)

But there’s some juicy games this year

Week 1 - Falcons @ Eagles (probably doesn’t Count as week 1 always has a good game)
Week 4 - Vikings @ Rams
Week 5 - Colts @ Patriots*
Week 9 - Raiders @ 49ers
Week 10 - Panthers @ Steelers
Week 11 - Packers @ Seahawks
Week 12 - Falcons @ Saints
Week 13 - Saints @ Cowboys

*assuming Luck’s back.

On the other hand There’s really only 3 mnf games I’m looking forward to, 4 if I include Atlanta - New York (giants)

Riddle me this; How in the bluest of blue *s is it that the most exciting team in the AFC West (Chargers) gets zero primetime games while s**t shows like Dungver get two?

Dirty Birds proposed super-nfl tour

Week 1
Falcons at Eagles (th)
Steelers at Browns (su)
Jets at Lions (mo)

Week 2
Ravens at Bengals (th)
Chiefs at Steelers (su)
Seahawks at Bears (mo)

Week 3
Raiders at Dolphins (su)
Steelers at Buccaneers (mo)

Week 4
Vikings at Rams (th)
49ers at Chargers (su)
Chiefs at Broncos (mo)

Week 5
Colts at Patriots (th)
Broncos at Jets (su)
Washington at Saints (mo)

Week 6
Eagles at Giants (th)
Cardinals at Vikings (su)
49ers at Packers (mo)

Week 7
Broncos at Cardinals (th)
Rams at 49ers (su)

Week 8
Dolphins at Texans (th)
Eagles vs Jaguars (su) - London game to get around ESTA laws (90 days in the country)

Week 9
Falcons at Washington (su)
Titans at Cowboys (mo)

Week 10
Chargers at Raiders (su)

Week 11
Packers at Seahawks (th)
Titans at Colts (su)

Week 12
Raiders at Ravens (su)

Week 13
Ravens at Falcons (su)

Week 14
Jaguars at Titans (th)

Week 15
Chargers at Chiefs (th)
Washington at Jaguars (su)
Saints at Panthers (mo)

Week 16
Rest

Week 17
Dolphins at Bills (tbd)

You see all 32 teams in a home game. Plus a bonus game in week 8 for ESTA purposes

The Falcons road to Atlanta should be fairly simple (they don't even have to catch a bus. :D) but that looks like a pretty tough draw, except for maybe the Browns and Giants.
upload_2018-4-20_15-4-50.png

Green Bay requested the Week 1 SNF Game to kickoff the Packers 12 month 100 years celebration [logical to have it against the Bears since its the longest rivalry in the NFL]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected Fox to get a stronger TNF schedule and ESPN to get a weaker MNF one.

FOX's TNF schedule is pretty damn good in comparison to the s**t we've seen over the last few years. MNF not as bad either. Helps that the good teams of the past 12 months weren't necessarily from the biggest football markets.

The Falcons road to Atlanta should be fairly simple (they don't even have to catch a bus. :D) but that looks like a pretty tough draw, except for maybe the Browns and Giants.
View attachment 485665
Furthest West they go is Green Bay - joke

Jon Gruden era in Oakland opens with Raiders as underdogs to mentee Sean McVay’s Rams in primetime on his old network

Levi DamienApr 19, 2018, 6:44pm PDT
Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

You knew Gruden’s old network ESPN was going to want to get him on TV in front of his home fans as soon as possible. Even if it meant having a game at Oakland Alameda County Coliseum the day after the A’s play a baseball game.

It may be a happy homecoming for Gruden, but if it is to end well for him, it won’t be easy. He will be facing a tough Rams team coached by the man he once mentored.

Sean McVay’s first NFL job was in 2008 as an offensive assistant under Gruden. McVay was just 22 years old at the time. Last year he became a head coach at the age of 31 and in his first season, he led a juggernaut Rams team that has added some major talent this offseason.

Vegas oddsmakers are putting the Rams as 1.5-point favorites against the Raiders in Oakland on Monday Night Football. And when you look at this Rams team as currently made up, it’s kinda surprising it isn’t a more sizable number.

The Rams were already 11-5 last season. Then they added the likes of cornerbacks Aqib Talib, and Marcus Peters, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, and wide receiver Brandin Cooks. Currently the Raiders don’t look to have improved as a team with the exception of perhaps the coaching change.

All eyes will be on Jon Gruden in the Monday Night opener as he will take the field in front of his beloved Oakland fans as Raiders head coach for the first time since he was traded to Tampa 15 years ago. If that euphoria is to last, they’ll have to get through arguably their toughest test of the season right from the start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back