NFL 2018 NFL - Week 11

Remove this Banner Ad

8-8 doesn't look so bad at the moment...

It never looked bad.

preview.jpg

On a more serious note, Josh McDaniels is a name being thrown around as possible HC at the Packers.
He's clearly regarded as one of the top offensive minds in the league but I'm not sure about his man management skills and would not trust his player evaluation/personnel skills at all.

He'd probably require a strong DC and a GM with full powers to succeed and I don't really get the impression that would be something he'd be happy with

Aaron Rodgers doesn't need an OC or offensive minded HC. He runs that team. Packers need a D minded HC

If he runs the offense, why aren't we trading him then? He's grossly underperforming.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't need an OC or offensive minded HC. He runs that team. Packers need a D minded HC
No

They need an O/ST minded HC. They're so much more creative and have the mind to be a head guy in comparison to defensive guys

They need to find a great DC and only focus on talent on the defensive side tho. On offense you only need Rodgers, Oline, and good playcalling (which McDaniels would give you).

Then on D it's a great coordinator and all the talent/draft picks you can get. Rodgers doesn't need receivers and backs

No

They need an O/ST minded HC. They're so much more creative and have the mind to be a head guy in comparison to defensive guys

They need to find a great DC and only focus on talent on the defensive side tho. On offense you only need Rodgers, Oline, and good playcalling (which McDaniels would give you).

Then on D it's a great coordinator and all the talent/draft picks you can get. Rodgers doesn't need receivers and backs

Agree with 95% of this. Except for McDaniels. Im with drd.

Agree with 95% of this. Except for McDaniels. Im with drd.
The only problem with Mcdaniels is that he isn't a great leader and manager of the people side of things. If he has fixed that since Denver he should be very successful. He doesn't understand the 'fun' parts of football and that might be because he never played at a high level

Champ Bailey and other Broncos have said he's the smartest coach they've ever had and I'm inclined to agree

They need to find a great DC and only focus on talent on the defensive side tho.
Except I doubt McDaniels would do that. Look who he had Indy sign when they thought he was going to be their HC. Has Matt Eberflus improved Indy's defense all that much?

Because the org has bought into Rodgers as franchise qb, and pay him accordingly, and whenever Rodgers is unhappy about a player the org does something about it. He's like Brady or Manning.

Its got nothing to do with personnel. Its the play calling. Not running Jones enough, punting on fourth and two with four minutes to go when your defense has been gashed by the run all night etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its got nothing to do with personnel. Its the play calling. Not running Jones enough, punting on fourth and two with four minutes to go when your defense has been gashed by the run all night etc etc.
Just saying that Rodgers is like Manning especially. He gets his way, he has an OC who is merely an assistant to him because Manning runs everything, it's all on him. When Manning didn't like a receiver the HC would get rid of him etc.

Just saying that Rodgers is like Manning especially. He gets his way, he has an OC who is merely an assistant to him because Manning runs everything, it's all on him. When Manning didn't like a receiver the HC would get rid of him etc.

Manning wouldn't have punted on fourth and two with four minutes to go last night.

Has a lot to do with personnel.

Thompson stuffed up in his last few years. They’re young in D especially DBs, most new players. Not enough pass rush on DL. OL holes to fill, problems on ST. Not one player left from ‘15 draft!!

Last 21 games they’re 7-13-1, with Hundley 3-6 and Rodgers 4-7-1.

Thompson stuffed up in his last few years. They’re young in D especially DBs, most new players. Not enough pass rush on DL. OL holes to fill, problems on ST. Not one player left from ‘15 draft!!

Im talking offensive personnel. Not defensive. He's easily got enough weapons.

Reasons already mentioned.

And the Indy stuff was ****ed, he's clearly got an ego, which I can deal with, but I think his ego is greater than his actual talent. Too many people blowing smoke up his arse...

Hiring him will lead to failure, for any team.

Rodgers is too passive agressive

Manning wouldn't have punted on fourth and two with four minutes to go last night.
Manning would have waived the punting team off the field, but this is also an interesting point with that theory that Rodgers is tanking that GG threw up yesterday. When the special teams came on, Rodgers didn't even look disappointed, he just walked off. They had the camera right on his face

I really hope we don't get McDaniels he seems like a s**t bloke who will ruin the team that hires him as HC.

Not to be overly critical because I agree with a lot of this, but our DL isn't the problem it's the complete lack of pass rush from OLB that has done us in.

But agree that Thompson's last 3 drafts have been less than stellar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back