NFL 2018 NFL - Week 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Never understood diminishing the value of the RB position.

The aerial evolution of this league is undeniable, but making a concerted effort to run the football is still the best way to consistently win games.

---

From Weeks 11-13, teams that ranked in the top half of the NFL in terms of run-play percentage posted a combined record of 32-13 (71.1 winning percentage). On the flip side, teams that ranked in the bottom half of the league in this category logged a combined mark of 12-31 (27.9). Digging a little deeper with the help of my editorial staff, I discovered that 11 teams ran the ball on at least 45 percent of their snaps during Weeks 11-13. Those teams' combined record? 23-7. That's a robust 76.7 winning percentage. And six of those teams -- the Ravens (who ran the ball a whopping 67.4 percent of the time during this span), Patriots (54.5), Texans (53.6), Seahawks (51.4), Cowboys (47.5) and Broncos (46.9) -- didn't lose a single game over the past three weeks. Considering that the teams that kept it on the ground on less than 40 percent of their snaps in Weeks 11-13 went a combined 11-29 (27.5 winning percentage), it is fairly obvious that consistently running the ball still equates to success in this league.
because the Oline is more important in running the ball than the RB is

Never understood diminishing the value of the RB position.

The aerial evolution of this league is undeniable, but making a concerted effort to run the football is still the best way to consistently win games.

---

From Weeks 11-13, teams that ranked in the top half of the NFL in terms of run-play percentage posted a combined record of 32-13 (71.1 winning percentage). On the flip side, teams that ranked in the bottom half of the league in this category logged a combined mark of 12-31 (27.9). Digging a little deeper with the help of my editorial staff, I discovered that 11 teams ran the ball on at least 45 percent of their snaps during Weeks 11-13. Those teams' combined record? 23-7. That's a robust 76.7 winning percentage. And six of those teams -- the Ravens (who ran the ball a whopping 67.4 percent of the time during this span), Patriots (54.5), Texans (53.6), Seahawks (51.4), Cowboys (47.5) and Broncos (46.9) -- didn't lose a single game over the past three weeks. Considering that the teams that kept it on the ground on less than 40 percent of their snaps in Weeks 11-13 went a combined 11-29 (27.5 winning percentage), it is fairly obvious that consistently running the ball still equates to success in this league.
because the Oline is more important in running the ball than the RB is

So really, it's only Tom Brady who has a kick ass record against teams with a winning percentage, doesn't just rack up wins against s**t teams like Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, Ryan, etc do.
So if AFC East wasn't a consistently ordinary division for so long, Brady/Patriots would win even more???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brees is overrated then
Dude no. Brees has had s**t defenses for years whilst Brady has been cruising knowing his D will give up 0 points in the 2nd half. Every time it's Brady getting the credit and no one mentioning the defense completely shutting down the opposition in the 4th quarter.

Just like when people say Brady has no receivers but they forget how God tier the coaching staff is which is FAR more important than talented receivers. (And that is also linked to how people write of the Patriots because they aren't talented enough, talent doesn't matter on the Patriots if you haven't figured that out yet)

I really hate my habit how I spell defense and offense with an s because I'm talking about and American sport. Like I never write it that way on the other boards

Dude no. Brees has had s**t defenses for years whilst Brady has been cruising knowing his D will give up 0 points in the 2nd half. Every time it's Brady getting the credit and no one mentioning the defense completely shutting down the opposition in the 4th quarter.

Just like when people say Brady has no receivers but they forget how God tier the coaching staff is which is FAR more important than talented receivers. (And that is also linked to how people write of the Patriots because they aren't talented enough, talent doesn't matter on the Patriots if you haven't figured that out yet)

I really hate my habit how I spell defense and offense with an s because I'm talking about and American sport. Like I never write it that way on the other boards

Color rush or colour rush?

What if Miami picked up Brees?

Saban + Brees for 10-15+ years in the same division as the Patriots :drunk::drunk::drunk:

It's not a matter of what if.. it is what it is.. as in players and coaches / team systems working for each other. Explain why Brees didn't work out in SD? There are lots of factors to measure in.. why do teams fly out of the gates early in the season and the crash n' burn despite having the same QB?? and Injuries not really being a factor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back