2018 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with our first round picks, and glad we went all defence.

Boqvist, Jokiharju, Beaudin, has me excited for 2021/22

Kovalchuk to the Kings. Him & Kopitar will be fun to watch. The AAV is a tad for high for mine, but they do address a need.

and you just picked someone i wanted vancouver to pick with their pick beforehand (Wise)

Can you tell me a little about him and as to why you wanted Vancouver to pick him?

A few people seem quite excited that he fell so late. Have also read that he was projected as a top 10 pick a couple of years ago.

Also not sure how CBJ didn't see this coming with Panarin?

Now that's a trade. I feel like both Flames & Canes fans will be unhappy with that one. Faulk must be gone.

Can you tell me a little about him and as to why you wanted Vancouver to pick him?

A few people seem quite excited that he fell so late. Have also read that he was projected as a top 10 pick a couple of years ago.

it's just a simple case of him being the most productive player left on the board, and we were at pick 60. I'd prefer for them to swing for the fences at this point. Wise hasn't slipped due to his actual output but, it seems, due to injury and what not, and so I'd be inclined to back the performance in. It seems the guy we picked got the nod because of "grit" which is always a bit of an eyeroller

Carlson gets his big pay day and re-signs for 8 years on $64m.
Doesn’t leave a lot in the tank so I find it hard to see us keeping all of Wilson, DSP, Beagle or Kempny

Beagle off to Vancouver. Sad that he has gone as he gave his all to the Caps and can fully understand his move.
Thanks for everything Beags

Tavares to Toronto, interesting given they have massive raises to Matthews, Marner and Nylander in a year..
Nylander's due this year. Next year you can add re-signing Jake Gardiner as well. As always Toronto's plan hinges around the cap increasing year after year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I guess the Leafs automatically become favourites for next season. Great young guys and adding a bonafide superstar stud makes them a force to be reckoned with I think.

Wait until we see if Tampa land EK65.

Duclair & Tortorella should be interesting!

Last edited:
Tampa would have to send someone like Tyler Johnson the other way because they have 3mill in cap space. Defence will be stacked though..

It's an interesting one because Tampa are a relatively young team and would likely be in the running for years to come without any big name trades. There's more talent in the wings waiting to debut too.

On the other hand, a great player of this generation wants to come to Tampa, so you have to consider it. I'm guessing Yzerman might be okay with a Tyler Johnson trade if Johnson agrees or maybe Killorn, but I can't see him thowing in other key players from our offence. If it goes further like demanding Brayden Point, I think he'll be happy to wait for free agency next year.

Could also trade McDonough on if they want a defender, as that would just be an upgrade, but i think Tampa is about to resign him long term.

Last edited:
They already signed him long term

Ahh, signed it already at the start of this month. Thanks!

It's a strange one because there was a suggestion that Tampa were trying for Karlsson around the time when they took McDonough. I got the feeling at the time McDonough was taken instead, so it seemed a bit weird to extend his contract if they are actually going for Karlsson now.

Our defence isn't too bad in the sceme of things, and I didn't get the feeling we needed to shuttle players out to acquire two defenders of that standard.

Think Armstrong has done a fantastic job for the blues this offseason.

Offloaded some stinky contracts for b grade players and acquired some solid players. Tyler Bozak, Ryan O'Reilly, Pat Maroon ain't no scrubs, and whilst I'm not a big Perron fan - he's coming off a career year at Vegas.

Surrounding these guys with Schenn, Schwartz, Tarasenko gives us a pretty strong offence - A little concerned about our defense - A couple injury prone guys, and a couple guys who really arent proven in Dunn and Parayko (who has a powerful shot from the blue line, but can leave us exposed on the rebound).

All in all, I'm pretty excited about our prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back