Competitions 2018 NMFC BigFooty Player Sponsorship - get your pledges in folks.

Well, well, well. It's that time once again. And this year has something extra cool. Read on;

For those of you who don't already know, the BigFooty NMFC boards have a proud tradition of sponsoring a couple of players each and every year. This was started by the illustrious and hardworking Kerry, and when she decided to pass the baton, it was entrusted to me to pick up from the enormously big shoes she left to fill!

In recent years, I really feel like this arrangement has gone from strength to strength, partly because of everyone here at the boards, but also equally due to the people working at the club itself and how accommodating they've been towards us as, in essence, a defacto coterie.

This year in 2018 is shaping up to be a fun one.

We will be aiming to sponsor two absolutely exhilarating young guns with an enormous ceiling; Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern!

To sponsor both of these players, our target we're aiming for is $3590. This is very achievable, and given our efforts in previous years I have no doubts whatsoever we'll easily reach this goal.

But wait, there's more!

This year, the benefits that come with a player sponsorship are better than ever! Look at what's on hand for us;
  • 2x tickets (per player sponsored) to attend two separate exclusive inner-sanctum functions throughout the season.
  • 2x pre or post game change room passes (per player sponsored) for a NMFC home or away game in Melbourne
  • 1x (per player sponsored) match-worn (where possible) guernsey signed by our sponsored player
  • 2x tickets (per player sponsored) to the Syd Barker dinner
  • 2x tickets (per player sponsored) to be in the guard of honour for a North Melbourne home or away game in Melbourne
  • 2x tickets (per player sponsored) for Level 2 Premiership Club seats to a North Melbourne home game in Melbourne
  • And the big one; our sponsored players will come to an event that we hold as a supporter group!
So to expand on that last one, this is something that myself and the Membership manager at the club workshopped last year. He loves the BigFooty player sponsorship program, but acknowledges that due to our system of pledges, there's probably a pretty decent number of contributors who are yet to have 'won' any of the benefits that come along with the program.

Therefore, what we'd love to do is arrange some sort of event during the season exclusive for the BigFooty NMFC player sponsors where EVERYONE who pledges can come along and hang out with our sponsored players! How cool is that?!

That's still yet to be formally organised, but I'm thinking some sort of BBQ at Arden St is likely to be the format we go with. However, I'm definitely open to suggestion if people can come up with something cooler!

You all know the deal; to participate, you need to respond to this thread with how much you're pledging. I'm also asking for people to commit to paying before 30 March 2018. And as a reminder, pledges of $50 receive a 12 month BigFooty gold membership, and pledges of $100 receive a 12 month Bigfooty platinum membership (no more ads!)

Cheers everyone; here's to defying expectations in 2018!

IN

images

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Chuck me down for $100

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You could use the sponsorships as leverage for the sponsored players to appear on the stern look

You could use the sponsorships as leverage for the sponsored players to appear on the stern look

I see no reason that TSL podcast hosts couldn't attend the function we hold as a group, bring a portable mic, and record a few minutes of vox-pop with the players... assuming they pledge that is. :)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, I'd fly over for that

I see no reason that TSL podcast hosts couldn't attend the function we hold as a group, bring a portable mic, and record a few minutes of vox-pop with the players... assuming they pledge that is. :)
Beat me to it. Was going to say that recording a TSL at the event would be a no-brainer.

Great initiative that one. Brilliant work Chadwick.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back