List Mgmt. 2018 NMFC List Management Thread (gone: Narrier/Hartung/JWill/Nielson/Junker/Jeffries/Hibberd)

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Wright survive?
It might have something to do with the fact that:

*He can accurately kick a football to a teammate
*He can defend one-on-one
*He can read the play and leave his own man to help others

Given the absolute state of our back six, these are what we might describe as 'necessary skills'.

Get a full preseason into him and he will be one of the first picked every week - for good reason.

The Port coach is on SEN now and he said they're waiting to hear back from Polec's manager. He added "we understand the current state of things in the AFL and the longer it goes with a player going unsigned the more likely he'll leave. He loves Port Adelaide but has a very enticing offer before him. He's one of the best outside players in the game and yes we'll be placing a high price on him in any trade."
Hmmmm - last week he was selfish and injury prone.

It might have something to do with the fact that:

*He can accurately kick a football to a teammate
*He can defend one-on-one
*He can read the play and leave his own man to help others

Given the absolute state of our back six, these are what we might describe as 'necessary skills'.

Get a full preseason into him and he will be one of the first picked every week - for good reason.

Plus he is a smart footballer

I think in general clubs/supporters can be scared off at the prospect of a delisted player coming good at another club.

I think statistically you're better off cycling through as many of these guys as possible. Especially guys like Junker and Narrier. Sure they might come good with enough development, but we've seen guys like Zurhaar and Murphy come in from the rookie list and show a lot more promise immediately. Over the long run, I think having more goes at drafting someone is likely to work out better than putting extra time into kids who are just fringe prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the words of Karen Carpenter, " We've only just begun".

Morgan, Mountford, Hibberd- noway all three survive, one at best imo.
Lots of spots to fill. *rubs hands together*

Seems excessive on top of what we have already culled, must be bringing in 3-4 players through trade

Dec and hib deserve another year

Dec 3 years on the list for 12 games, is a battler but trains and tries harder than most on our list. IMO
Hibberd 3 years on the list 4 games.

Some will depend on finding homes for Preuss and Durdin I'm sure. Days end we fancy rookie picks Zurhaar and Murphy over those two. If you're not considered for selection with our current list and we are moving heaven and earth to secure guys we feel are best 22.

I'll let you join the dots.

Dec 3 years on the list for 12 games, is a battler but trains and tries harder than most on our list. IMO
Hibberd 3 years on the list 4 games.

Some will depend on finding homes for Preuss and Durdin I'm sure. Days end we fancy rookie picks Zurhaar and Murphy over those two. If you're not considered for selection with our current list and we are moving heaven and earth to secure guys we feel are best 22.

I'll let you join the dots.
Looking at it now we have 4 off the senior list
Preuss trade that’s 5, let’s say we somehow bring in 3 players through trade/FA leaving us with 2 spots for the draft

Then if you delist Morgan you get your 3 picks in the draft which is all we need

I’d rather dec and hibberd than picking in the 4th/5th rounds of the draft

Looking at it now we have 4 off the senior list
Preuss trade that’s 5, let’s say we somehow bring in 3 players through trade/FA leaving us with 2 spots for the draft

Then if you delist Morgan you get your 3 picks in the draft which is all we need

I’d rather dec and hibberd than picking in the 4th/5th rounds of the draft

Recent drafts picks Hayden and Xerri picks 62 & 72. Am not sure how many picks we'll need but it will be worked out on who should be available and are they better than current listed players we won't give games.IF we feel someone offers more with a late pick we'll continue the cull. And again the cull hasn't finished.

Your'e entitled to be bemused by Hartung's delisting. Leg speed is hugely underrated. It won the Bulldogs and Tigers the last two premierships. We looked pretty sharp with him and I reckon he has more to offer than at least 6 regular senior players.

If he is not good enough to be on the list, why was he good enough to play the first 13 games ahead of 20 other blokes?

Your'e entitled to be bemused by Hartung's delisting. Leg speed is hugely underrated. It won the Bulldogs and Tigers the last two premierships. We looked pretty sharp with him and I reckon he has more to offer than at least 6 regular senior players.

If he is not good enough to be on the list, why was he good enough to play the first 13 games ahead of 20 other blokes?

I would suggest that if Hartung is being let go, it is a good indication that Polec and maybe Gaff are done deals.

DEFENDER Mitch Hibberd will be delisted by North Melbourne.

Hibberd was not named in the official delistings list North released last Tuesday, but AFL.com.au understands the out-of-contract Tasmanian has been advised by the club he will not be offered a new deal.

Hibberd, who turns 22 later this month, wants to extend his AFL career and is understood to have been exploring opportunities at rival clubs for some time.

The 192cm half-back did not play a senior game this season despite solid form over 16 games in the VFL.

Taken at pick No.33 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, Hibberd struggled with injury at times in his first two seasons at Arden St, but managed to play four senior games last year.

North has already officially delisted six players, announcing last week Billy Hartung, Tom Jeffries, Oscar Junker, Gordon Narrier, Daniel Nielson and Josh Williams would not be at the club next year.

The Roos have seven remaining uncontracted players, including Ben Jacobs, Jed Anderson and free agents Scott Thompson and Sam Wright, who are all in contract discussions with the club.

However, Ryan Clarke, Alex Morgan and Declan Mountford will probably have to wait until the end of next month's trade period to learn their fates as North aggressively targets rival stars headed by Andrew Gaff and Jared Polec.

Veteran spearhead Jarrad Waite announced his retirement last month, while out-of-favour ruckman Braydon Preuss could be traded despite being contracted for another two seasons, with AFL.com.au revealing last week Melbourne is circling the 206cm Queenslander.

not fussed about Hibberd being delisted. wasn't much chop.

Mountford i'd give an extra year, keep Jacobs, Anderson and Thompson, let Wright go in free agency and delist Morgan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back